Jubal Savid

AI can't drive, and when they dismount they have seizures.

The AI commanders are supposed to jump into a truck and drive away while under fire, they get in and 1 of 2 options happens. 

They drive 5 ft and dismount or they drive wildly off course and crash into a wall

The other problem is when my units dismount and move they walk around in circles for like 5 seconds before moving around.

How do i fix

22 minutes ago, Jubal Savid said:

The AI commanders are supposed to jump into a truck and drive away while under fire, they get in and 1 of 2 options happens. 

They drive 5 ft and dismount or they drive wildly off course and crash into a wall

The other problem is when my units dismount and move they walk around in circles for like 5 seconds before moving around.

How do i fix

As for the first issue of AI driving like morons- are you placing waypoints for them to follow? I was having similar issue at first. In my case it seemed to be that I was "over waypointing" (putting a waypoint at each bend of the road; so I was creating way too many waypoints). So for a 500 meter drive, I had the AI following like 20 or so waypoints. When I cut it down to like 2 or 3 waypoints then the issue went away.  Unlike Arma 2 AI, Arma 3 AI know on their own that they need to turn left when the road curves left (well, most of the time anyway).

This may or may not be relevant to you, but thought I'd share in case it helps anyone else.

29 minutes ago, Jubal Savid said:

Hahahaha, "AI Driving"....that's a good one!

Welcome to the forums in general and AI driving hell in particular.  You should be able to improve your situation by putting your drivers in a different group as the passengers, and setting the drivers' behavior to "CARELESS".   This should increase their ability to drive under fire.

Here's  a link to a good discussion and a great video for how to get a convoy to keep moving under fire.    Good luck man!

You can also prevent the passengers fro dismounting under fire with this command:

vehicle setUnloadInCombat [FALSE,FALSE];       // passengers and person turrets will stay mounted

• Like 1
  • Haha 1