damsous

The Scavenger (survival coop 10)

MISSION FILE :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rfREN-Q6eimKlN_LvLi8HVJr12a9mO7W

STEAMWORKSHOP LINK :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1593390487

What is it ?
Its a persistent cooperative scenario for dedicated server, the player start on a little island near the main

island of Napf.
The players must gear up and recruit an army to be able to defeat a mysterious faction called LFDA.
To be able to recruit an army the player must build a colony in predefined area, if there enough structure the

recruitable friendly survivor will join your colony.
The basic item and the structure (house) are buidable at the workbench in your colony, the main ressource are

the junk pile, they can be find every where but you can build only junk house.
The other component must be find and refined, for exemple to be able to build better house or better defense

wall the player must find a stack of cinder block and transform it into concrete wall at the concrete factory.
The crafting component are heavy, so they cannot be transported in a bacpack, the lighter item can be carryed

and loaded in vehicle, a truck is required to transport the biggest item.
The house can be loaded in the vehicle and unloaded, once placed they cannot be carry, the player must repeat

the process if he want to move an house (load/unload in vehicle).
For more information read the description below.

Its a persistent scenario, cargo content (mag, food...) and static object (building) are saved between each

server restart, more explanation at the bottom of the description.

Situation
The main threat are the LFDA they must be pushed out of the island, the raiders are just interesting by stealing

the LFDA vehicle and gear. The scavenger have decided to kill the LFDA officer, he is hiding in the LFDA main

base, but to do that they must build an army.

FACTION
-Raiders
They are really bad guys, there main activity its to raid the scavenger camp. Over the time they managed to

gather good equipement and today they are able to oppose resistance to the LFDA.

-Scavenger (players faction)
They are peacefull people, the good guys, unlike the Raiders many of them got enough knowledge to build a lot of

thing with scrap or raw material.

-LFDA
Its a mysterious military force who have invaded the island of Napf and they kill every infected or survivor on

their path. The rumors say they are here to eradicate the infection by killing every infected and survior who

are living in the infected area.

Main Objective
Kill the LFDA officer in the LFDA base.

Dynamic event

There is 40 dynamic event that pop up randomly over the time for exemple rescue, raid a camp, dynamic LFDA checkpoint....

How to recruit an army
You must gather ressource, and build houses in the settlement area. More house builded = more settler. All the

friendly unit are recruitable.  The raider own few armored vehicle and aircraft that can

be helpfull to attack the LFDA.

Crafting  

Description  
There different place to craft different item, in each place there a visible area to place your item, for

exemple if you want to build a bathmobile (Wreck vehicle Builder) just place 5 pile of junk + 1 pressure washer

+ 1 car battery on the concrete block and that will take few second to build the vehicle, the component will be

deleted and the vehicle will spawn few meter away.

Material  
Wreck and pile of junk can be found everywhere, near road or urban area. Concrete, brick, battery, motor

(pressure washer) can be found in industrial area or harbor. Military wreck can be found in military area or

airfield. Wood log can be found in the forest, (find icon tree on your map)

///// Recipe for the Settlement - Workbench /////
///worbench///
*pile of junk = tine fence, tine pole, plank, pallet  
*1 tine fence + 1 plank = 2 medium tin fence
*5 tin pole  = ladder
*1 tin fence + 1 tin pole = storage crate

//Junk House// (at workbench) Low attraction, less survivor will join your colony.
*5 stack of pallet + 3 tin fence = slum house small
*1 red cargo contenair + 1 tin fence = slum house contenair
*10 tin fence = metal shed

*10 wood plank = wood watchtower

///// Recipe for the Settlement - Yellow Scaffolding /////    This building will attract more survivor to your colony
*5 stack of brick + 1 stack of pallet = small house abandonned
*10 stack of brick + 5 cinder block + 5 planck + 20 concrete pillar = large unfinished building
*2 cinder block + 6 medium tin fence = grey metal shed
3 stack of plank + 10 medium tin fence + 1 wood pile = Grey shack medium

///// Recipe for the Concrete Factory /////
*2 cinder block + 1 plank = concrete wall
*1 cinder block + 1 tine pole = concrete shelter.
*1 cinder block + 1 stack of pallet = concrete stairs
*1 concrete wall + 1 plank = 5 concrete pillar.
*4 concrete wall + 10 tine pole = small canal wall
*3 small canal wall = 1 big canal wall
*1 big canal wall + 1 concrete stairs + 6 tin pole = canal wall with stairs

///// Recipe for the Lumber Mill /////
*2 wood pile = 1 stack of plank
*1 stack of plank = 5 shoot house wall long
*1 shoot house wall long = 2 shoot house tunnel (pour le toit)

///// Recipe for the Wreck Vehicle Builder /////
*5 pile of junk + 1 pressure washer + 1 car battery = bathmobile
*3 pile of junk + 1 pressure washer + 1 car battery + 1 UAZ wreck + 1 offroadwreck = Scavenger Offroad
*3 pile of junk + 1 pressure washer + 1 car battery + 1 UAZ wreck + 1 Hatchback wreck = Scavenger Hatchback
*3 pile of junk + 1 pressure washer + 1 car battery + 1 URAL wreck + 1 Truck wreck = Scavenger Bus

///// Recipe for the Military Vehicle Builder /////
*1 slammer wreck + 1 slammer wreckturret + 1 tank tracks + 1 tank engine + 1 ammobox = slammer
*1 hunter wreck 1+ 1 hunter wreck 2 + 1 car battery = 1 hunter (that need 2 different type of hunter wreck)
*1 hunter + static (gmg or hmg) = hunter armed

///// Recipe for the Vehicle Upgrade /////
*1 offroad + 1 static hmg = offroad hmg
*1 offroad + 1 static gmg = offroad at
*1 slammer + 1 slammer wreck + 1 static hmg = slammer up

///// How to craft Ammo /////

You need to put a tin pole and create a fire camp near the green camping table at the settlement and an ammo crate will pop up on the table, just choose the ammo you want craft with the action menu.

You can craft only basic ammo for hunting rifle, old rifle and barrel handgun.

Persistence  
To save your progression the server admin need to be logged and copy this line in the chat box :

#gradpersistenceSave.

Or use radio menu (0-0-Save)

So every vehicle, vehicle cargo, tent content, crate content and static object will be saved, at the settlement (blue circle).
The crafting component (car battery or stack of brick) are considered as static object and will be saved, but

they must be unloaded from the vehicle before saving, if they are not unloaded they will be lost.

More Info and script used   
Vehicle towing
Sling Loading
Mag repack
AIS first aid
R3F Logistic
Strigoi and Farty (Alias anomaly)
Bangapop loot script
Zbe cache system
AI spawn script pack

GF Crash site

Its an inbuild crafting system so if you have question or you are not able to craft something just ask.

Its a hard sandbox mission, that will take many hour to be able to kill the LFDA officer but the player is free

to choose his own strategy.

Special thanks to @pierre MGI anf @killzone_kid for their help.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Update :

Few change for better performance : Now the static object used for crafting are loaded with dynamic simulation after a server reset, better management of the loot inside the building.

The boat near the dock at the starter Island are properly deleted.

Added : Possibility to skip 6 h at the settlement and the player are able to teleport to the teamleader at the settlement.

Update :

Performance improvement server side, now only the object (fortification, vehicle, static...) are saved inside the settlement (blue circle marker).

Added the possibility to save progression via radio menu (0-0-Save).

Update :

Added a new building in craft list, a watchtower craftable with 10 wood plank.

Added more AI activity.

Fixed the ability to skip time at the settlement, now its work.

Update :

Added Farty anomaly script : Toxic area are randomly generated over the time. (require LFDA gaz mask to be protected)

Added GF Crash script : Crash site are randomly generated over the time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, damsous said:

Added GF Crash script

Thanks for using the GF Auto Loot Crashsites Script - Mod ,

i would like also to inform you , that there is also a new version 1.1 available !

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Thanks for using the GF Auto Loot Crashsites Script - Mod ,

i would like also to inform you , that there is also a new version 1.1 available !

Ok i will try that, thanks for your script :)

• Thanks 1

Update :

Added : Weather effect. (Alias script)

Changed : Loot at the crash site, now its a custom loot list with only good gear and chance to spawn a static weapon back pack to be able to upgrade the vehicle more easely.

Changed : Time between each new generated toxic area.

Update :

Added : 40 dynamic event generated over the time, rescue mission, raid, dynamic LFDA checkpoint and more...

Tweaked : Detection timeout for the crafting component spawner to avoid collision with the object if a player cross an area at high speed. (town or industrial).

Hi, and congrats for the release. It seems ambitious and interesting mission! :) Will test it shortly. I assume the mission is the “Scavenger” found in Steam Workshop from author Kurt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, specialsmith said:

Hi, and congrats for the release. It seems ambitious and interesting mission! :) Will test it shortly. I assume the mission is the “Scavenger” found in Steam Workshop from author Kurt?

Yes there a direct dowload link (google drive) top of the topic, this mission need to be played on a dedicated server.

Update :

Added : New military area.

Changed : Reduced loot ratio for basic item, increased military loot.

Changed : Frequency between each new crashsite.

Changed : Frequency between each storm.

Changed : Less toxic area, they are static now cause there was issue with the mobile toxic area (performance and green fog not showing for JIP client)

Removed : Radioactive area.

• Like 1

Update :

Added : Ammo crafting only for old and hunting rifle or barrel pistol, just put a fire camp and a tin pole near the table at the settlement and an ammo crate will pop up where you can choose wich ammo you want create.

Added : Dynamic radioactive area, there is one strong radioactive zone that move over the map, never static.

Changed : Infected uniform.

• Like 1

Playing your mission with my friends right now. How do you actually craft something? You say there is some area to craft? Where is that ? We are at a harbor now, a lot of piles of crap here to use...

4 minutes ago, specialsmith said:

Playing your mission with my friends right now. How do you actually craft something? You say there is some area to craft? Where is that ? We are at a harbor now, a lot of piles of crap here to use...

Forget it, we found the settlement marker. Thanks anyway! :)

36 minutes ago, specialsmith said:

You need to put the props near the workbench for junk craft or the yellow scafolding for better buildind, remove the grass to see the area for the props.

Make sure to download the last version (uploaded today), the props take 1min30 to start spawning to avois collision with vehicle if the player cross a town at high speed.

• Like 1

We spent couple hours yesterday on our dedicated server. It was nice experience, just managed to reach the settlement before we ended and saved.

Couple questions/comments:

There was this yellow SUV with a lot of stickers that has an issue with the passenger seat. Player seems to go under the ground when embarking the vehicle. (Probably issue of the mod, just letting you know)

It would be cool if zombies occupied buildings as well to give players an even more surprising effect when looting the towns and opening doors. :)

So it seems there are AI scavengers as well? We met this group of AI controlled scavengers in one town and first instinct was to shoot them until we realized they are of the same faction as ours.

Thanks for a great mission and game mode!

12 hours ago, specialsmith said:

We spent couple hours yesterday on our dedicated server. It was nice experience, just managed to reach the settlement before we ended and saved.

Couple questions/comments:

There was this yellow SUV with a lot of stickers that has an issue with the passenger seat. Player seems to go under the ground when embarking the vehicle. (Probably issue of the mod, just letting you know)

It would be cool if zombies occupied buildings as well to give players an even more surprising effect when looting the towns and opening doors. :)

So it seems there are AI scavengers as well? We met this group of AI controlled scavengers in one town and first instinct was to shoot them until we realized they are of the same faction as ours.

Thanks for a great mission and game mode!

The zombies are managed by the ravage mod a lot spawn inside building but they move, its possible to find zombies in building if they are stuck.

UPDATE :

Sync with the last Ravage update

• Like 1

Hi,

Any plans on making a pure SP version using the stock BIS save system?

Hi @damsous

I remenber you mentioning your take on a basebuilding system in the ravage forum a while ago, but I missed the release lf this project. 

I really like the ideas and features you have realized in this project! 

Keep it up! 

Cheers

VD

4 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Hi @damsous

I remenber you mentioning your take on a basebuilding system in the ravage forum a while ago, but I missed the release lf this project. 

I really like the ideas and features you have realized in this project! 

Keep it up! 

Cheers

VD

Hi,

You can check it on that mission im unable to do a working script, i just use a combination of trigger to detect any object then spawn something when the trig condition matches .

an exemple for build a storage crate

trigdetector1

condition :

{_x inArea thisTrigger} count (getPos thisTrigger nearObjects ["Land_Wall_Tin_Pole", 200]) == 1

trigdetector2

condition :

{_x inArea thisTrigger} count (getPos thisTrigger nearObjects ["Land_Wall_Tin_4", 200]) == 1

trigbuild

condition :

triggerActivated trigdetector1 AND triggerActivated trigdetector2

activation :

_crate = "Land_MetalCase_01_large_F" createVehicle getMarkerPos "workbench_1"; _builded = nearestObjects [workbench, ["Land_Wall_Tin_Pole","Land_Wall_Tin_4"], 15]; {deleteVehicle _x} forEach _builded; hint "Storage crate builded";

workbench_1 : its the marker where the object builded spawn

workbench : Its the item where the build component must be placed

trigdetector1 & trigdetector2 are 2 trigger (10x10x10) placed on the workbench, like this the player must place the object near the workbench to be able to build something, and can't exploit cause the building component are deleted when the new object spawn.

Note : I use R3F log script to be able to move and transport the object.

I do it like this cause i didn't have enough knowledge in scripting to do something usable for any mission.

• Like 1

I like it, you found a creative way to achieve what you wanted:slayer:

• Thanks 1