gokitty1199

Can someone explain this guys thought process to me

Am I way off here or correct? I know this is posted in the wrong section, but I figured this would be the place to get the correct type of people's opinions. Keep in mind, this is for the most basic safezone script which literally has less than 20 lines of script going into it.

link to video : first comment

or screenshot of comments:

1918bdc866f0c793195f6484ddc05fd6.png

• Sad 1

You did kind of open yourself up to their hostility with an aggressive first comment, and then proceeded to aggressively attack their mentality while here clearly and self-admittedly not fully understanding them, and then call them a loser. You were as much guilty of hostility as they were. 

As for their mentality, I'll leave those with more experience to share their opinions

Now let's keep that hostility away from these forums and moderate ourselves here. No came-calling, no accusations of immaturity. 

• Like 2

Not really the best place imo.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:19 PM, gokitty1199 said:

but I figured this would be the place to get the correct type of people's opinions.

There are no facts in people's opinions. You worded that in a way that you want people to side with you or at least that's how it comes across - "correct type of people's". If you have to ask then maybe don't make the comment? Not much to say really. Not sure what you expect from this topic exactly.

Merry Christmas. Have some dancing bananas.

:yay::yay::yay:

On 12/17/2018 at 12:21 AM, Hvymtal said:

You did kind of open yourself up to their hostility with an aggressive first comment,

7 minutes ago, HazJ said:

If you have to ask then maybe don't make the comment?

i'm pretty sure the tutorials are by @gokitty1199 and he has received the comments rather than other way round.

anyway i think regardless of obnoxious youtube comments :flamethrower: its not a bad idea to include the code with the tutorial, sometimes its very handy to see what things are supposed to look like,

:D

• Like 3

I agree with the comments of the youtube author. People copy-pasting scripts while not actually knowing what they are doing are causing lots of chaos.

Especially if it's bad code.

This tutorial is meant to help you get along and learn scripting. There is no reason to make a full video if you could just give people the code and tell them to copy-paste it.

Sadly the biggest idiots with the worst coding skills sometimes tend to make tutorials and then also include the code for everyone to copy-paste. @gokitty1199 seems to be the opposite of the spectrum, acceptable code (atleast in this video) and telling people to learn write code instead of just copy-pasting stuff that other people wrote.

If you write down code instead of copy-pasting, you automatically have to think about what you are writing right now and might notice mistakes that the author made.

Also it forces you to skip back and forth in the video, repeating parts that the listener already heard, meaning he will remember more of it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dedmen said:

This tutorial is meant to help you get along and learn scripting. There is no reason to make a full video if you could just give people the code and tell them to copy-paste it.

well ultimately its the users responsibility to use the tutorial resources to best educate themselves. Personally i find it helpful to see a written example but its really up to tutorial maker if he wants to include it.  If people just want to copy/paste and not learn then they can just download from armaholic or copy paste from a [release] thread here, that way they can wreak havoc in the arma community with incompatible, poorly implemented scripts without ever needing to harass some dude who makes tutorials ;)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HazJ said:

Not really the best place imo.

There are no facts in people's opinions. You worded that in a way that you want people to side with you or at least that's how it comes across - "correct type of people's". If you have to ask then maybe don't make the comment? Not much to say really. Not sure what you expect from this topic exactly.

Merry Christmas. Have some dancing bananas.

:yay::yay::yay:

"correct type of people's" was referring to people who what and how to write scripts or work in the editor even if its at a early beginner level. thank you for the bananas and a Merry Christmas to you to :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1