Leopard20

Creating a display on top of another: is the one in the background still processed?

Hello everyone.

I had a question about the createDisplay command. If I create a display on top of another, does it mean the one in the background is still being processed? Of course if they were both stationary, I wouldn't mind but in this case both are dynamic (they each have a map control with markers, icons, etc). So both would have a performance impact if run together.

I'm assuming they run separately because the background display doesn't show but I didn't want to take any chances!

Yes. Formerly, and it's still possible, you had  layer numbers on cutRsc (example) . 0 is the back most. Off course you have to choose them accordingly with other vanilla or modded resources. Sometimes led to conflicts. The "improvement" (since v 1.57) was to extend these figured layers to alphanumeric ones.

Well, with no chance of sorting that, the alphanumerical layers comes as they are created (probably, never tested, I rather keep numerical layers).

• Thanks 1

Thanks! There's something I don't understand though. Why can't I close both the background and the foreground displays using this?

(findDisplay background_idd) closeDisplay 2;

I know, but I was wondering if it's possible to close all layers that originated from a certain display (except for display 46, obviously!)

Let's say I first create display 11111, and then on top of that, I create display 22222. Is there a way to close both of them at the same time?

2 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

I know, but I was wondering if it's possible to close all layers that originated from a certain display (except for display 46, obviously!)

Let's say I first create display 11111, and then on top of that, I create display 22222. Is there a way to close both of them at the same time?

I don't know how long does exactly closing a display last (in term of frames), but I can imagine you will not  see a delay between two following lines closing two displays.

• Thanks 1