zkb1325

Zargabad Life Framework

i7zgWcc.png

Introducing Zargabad Life Framework for ARMA 3!

This open framework is a completely custom recreation of the original ARMA 2 OA Zargabad Life with some improvements.

After more than two years of development, I am pleased to announce it is ready for the ARMA community to download and use.

Features

Here are just some of the many original features you can find in the mission:

• Feel nostalgic again with original A2 Zargabad Life styled menus, items, and features.
  • Customizable mission that can be adapted to any map with any addons.
  • Use specific equipment to collect resources. Fishing and mining make a return.
  • Buy a factory - turn those precious minerals and resources into useful items that allow you to craft more goodies. You can also rely on capitalism and export your manufactured items for cold hard cash.
  • Shops with limited stocks are back. Dynamic item supply and demand pricing are functional features. Buy factories and export items to keep the market afloat.
  • Citizens can vote for a mayor, and officers can vote for a commander. Hover over a name and see how many votes they have.
  • Illegal workers and workplaces are back to make your experience more… enjoyable.
  • Customizable stat saving and automatic stat resets on a configurable cycle. The time until the next stat reset is also conveniently displayed in the main info menu.
  • Completing patrol and delivery missions. This also handily utilizes the ARMA task system.
  • Get rich quick by robbing gas stations and banks. Bank robbers beware, dye packs are functional…
  • Police have access to a dynamic computer in vehicles - utilize city cameras with civ and sat cam, check warrants, issue warrants or pardon civs, and more.
  • +more

In-game images of menus, effects, and more: https://imgur.com/a/czSJiqB

Check out the easily customizable config: https://pastebin.com/sk33HkxQ

Why use this framework?

My framework is a change of pace and is something new in ARMA 3 - not something you hear all that often anymore. Arguably, the greater majority of life servers in the ARMA community utilize the exact same framework with minor modifications. Zargabad life helped kickstart the now massively popular ARMA gamemode. This framework has been in development for more than two years, and is an almost 1-1 recreation of the original Zargabad Life mission.

I have designed this framework to be modular, customizable, and easy to understand. The basic configurations are all contained in one file, making it effortless to start your own server. Furthermore, this mission has been designed so that it is not required to be hosted on Zargabad - with some adjustments, this framework can be hosted on any map with any addons.

What can I do with this framework?

You can do pretty much anything as long as you don't change the author.

• Change the map
  • Change what addons are used
  • Change the UI's
  • Change how stats are saved
  • Change shops and factories
  • Change anything else you want in the framework besides "author = "ZKB1325";" found in description.ext file.

License and Monetization Agreement

Licensed under Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)

https://www.bohemia.net/community/licenses/arma-public-license-share-alike

Monetization Agreement

You may monetize the Zargabad Life Framework as long as you adhere to the following conditions.

- Under absolutely no circumstances may you alter, remove, other otherwise modify "author = "ZKB1325";" found in description.ext file of the Zargabad Life Framework.

Download Info

You can download my Zargabad Life Framework here.

Google Drive Mission PBO: ZargabadLife.zargabad.pbo

Google Drive Mission Folder Version: ZargabadLife.zargabad.rar

The required addons to play on the server (CUP), can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1582012008

Stat Save Info

Optionally Zargabad Life Framework can use INIDBI2 for stat saving over restarts. By default stats do not save over restart, this can be configured in settings.hpp.

Information and download for INIDBI2 can be found here.
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/186131-inidbi2-save-and-load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases/
X64 extension for 64 bit servers
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/186131-inidbi2-save-and-load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-3129196

Alternatively I've uploaded INIDBI2 with X64 extension to Google Drive.

@inidbi2.rar

Support

If you have any questions about this mission, please leave a comment below or add me on steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/zkb1325

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am porting this to EMITA to recreate some old school Arma 2 scenarios for my own LAN party.

May I ask, 

1) INIDBI2 is only required on the server right?

2) The framework is only currently compatible with Dedicated servers or will also function on hosted servers?

Thank you for this tool 😃

23 hours ago, LSValmont said:

I am porting this to EMITA to recreate some old school Arma 2 scenarios for my own LAN party.

May I ask, 

2) The framework is only currently compatible with Dedicated servers or will also function on hosted servers?

#1 Yes INIDB is only required on the server use -servermod= parameter for it.

#2 You will need to use a dedicated server to host it, either locally or through a VPS. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 12:56 PM, LSValmont said:

May I ask, 

Sorry for the extremely late response.
1) INIDBI2 should only run on the server side but is only required if you want to save stats.
2) You don't necessarily need to run on a dedicated server. You can host it locally like any other MP mission and who ever host's can run INIDBI2 to save stats, just remember that the .dll for INIDBI2 is not battleye whitelisted so who ever hosts will have to disable their battleye.

Also I do have an updated version of the framework with some bug fixes and improvements that I forgot to actually release although I have come across a bug with stat saving so once I sort that out I'll update the original download links.

• Thanks 2

On 12/10/2021 at 8:38 PM, zkb1325 said:

Sorry for the extremely late response.
1) INIDBI2 should only run on the server side but is only required if you want to save stats.
2) You don't necessarily need to run on a dedicated server. You can host it locally like any other MP mission and who ever host's can run INIDBI2 to save stats, just remember that the .dll for INIDBI2 is not battleye whitelisted so who ever hosts will have to disable their battleye.

Also I do have an updated version of the framework with some bug fixes and improvements that I forgot to actually release although I have come across a bug with stat saving so once I sort that out I'll update the original download links.

Glad to hear about the update! Exciting.

Thanks.