Wiki

Can this AI behaviour be fixed?

Remember how it was before the release of Arma3 64bit? The release of Arma3 64bit gave a lot for good use of RAM. So the release of Arma on Enfusion, will give good use of the potential of the PC and a stable FPS. I hope this will allow BIS to focus on changing and building AI abilities.
I just do not understand one thing. How undeveloped AI saves PC performance? as AI often does complex, confusing and incorrect actions.

On 21/12/2018 at 3:02 AM, haleks said:

Given the recent focus on Multiplayer and the way new features are added for players exclusively (the Tactical Ping could be soooo usefull to alert AI squad mates, even something as simple as that was not implemented...), it is obvious that Arma3 will stay as it is. I'm actually pretty skeptical for the AI in Arma4 : either most of their behaviours are remade from scratch (I don't see that happening), or BIS keep the same basis and consider AI as a cheap way to fill MP missions.

You're right indeed.

With this unsolved kind of problem:

- Place a vanilla weapons squad of 8 on map (Vanilla Arma).

- Make all slots playable

- run a MP session (hosted for me)

- Choose TL and order moves for your group. Nice!

- JIP on client (other player/PC) and choose the marksman slot

- order what you want from TL

- just remark that all AIs are glued around the marksman, moving slightly to keep the formation in the direction of the ordered point, but no one moves!

Probably a rank question... or an AI rebellion.

On 12/21/2018 at 6:59 AM, lex__1 said:

It seems like AI loses their spatial position when they are in vehicles.

I had a similar thought as to why AI driving and vehicle behavior is so poor and thats because they still think their infantry:shocked: . So when it come so obstacles they think hey I'll just walk around, and they, the driver/s of the vehicle/s, move around the object but doesn't factor in the size of the vehicle hit box but instead uses his own.

I don't have any proof that this is what's going on but its something i feel makes some sense since sometimes the ai drives without consideration of the vehicle parameters.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, B_Fox said:

I had a similar thought as to why AI driving and vehicle behavior is so poor and thats because they still think their infantry:shocked: . So when it come so obstacles they think hey I'll just walk around, and they, the driver/s of the vehicle/s, move around the object but doesn't factor in the size of the vehicle hit box but instead uses his own.

I don't have any proof that this is what's going on but its something i feel makes some sense since sometimes the ai drives without consideration of the vehicle parameters.

Yes, good thoughts.

It can be a lead, maybe they can have a look at that.