npmproductions13

World has black textures once Buldozer launches

Hi all I have an issue with my textures once Buldozer launches. My layers.cfg is perfectly fine and to my knowledge my textures have been converted to PAA from TGA via TexView so I don' think they're the cause.

Any input or feedback on this issue would be great as I don't have a clue what could cause this.

I personally think its the Sampler section of my mapframe as seen below, can you guys tell me if these values are correct or incorrect please.

c4CDwEU.png

This is the issue I see in Buldozer so any help is appreciated.

pwrHlpE.png

Try setting Sat/mask tiles to 512 or 1024. Also your texture layer should be 4 times the size of your cell size, so set that to 40m.

• Thanks 1

Do what opteryx said, but also check your sat and surfaces mask are at the correct coordinates. Right click them and do properties and check there, it should be the same as your map

Also you sat and surface is mega low res, I mean really really low!

You want it to be at least 1m /px, maybe 2m at a push. So if its 1m / px, your sat and surface images should be 40960 x 40960.

Now 40960 is too big for most image formats, so you will need to split it into 4 x 20480, or smaller if you want. You then import these into TB and in the rasters panel right click and change the coordinates of each one so they line up.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, npmproductions13 said:

Would you import each layer 4x then so for example would I need to import the normals at 4x 20480 aswell?

Yep, but make sure the images are that size outside of TB. Don't scale your mask up! As it will add colours and you will go over your 5 colours per tile limit

• Thanks 1

best to set texture layer to as close to 40 x 40 as you can

yeah, just remember 40km terrains take a long long time to finish. Easily over a year

• Like 1