LeMageBC

Multiplayer-Infinite loading screen and Spawning as Seagulls

Good evening everyone !

I've got a few problems with my mission. I need to make a mission that is playable in local with 8 players in total. I've put my two playable teams of 4 player each (with respawn points specific for each team and respawn points synchronised to each member of the groups) and put objects (building and vehicles) and triggers (with timers) in order to make my mission. I've got  Eden Enchanced installed and I've put scripts (description.ext, init.sqf, initServer.sqf, loadout.cpp and onPlayerRespawn.sqf).

Here are my problems:

-When people are joining and the host launches the mission, even though the host can play the mission, players joining them are stuck to the mission loading screen (put they can still hear the ambient sounds of the mission). I later found out that if I remove the possibilty for people to revive their squadmates, this problem doesn't exist anymore (although it's annoying that i have to do that for making my mission work). But this leads to the second problem...

-When people who joined are in the lobby when the mission starts, they will spawn as seagulls. If they join the server during the mission, they will spawn as normal soldiers.
There, sorry everyone to have disturbed you and I hope that you can help me solve this problem asap. If you need other infos, you can ask me. Have a good night !

Use a description.ext, they're so much less jank (somehow) than the editor stuff. I always get this problem when I use 3den based respawn.

On 15.12.2018 at 12:46 AM, LeMageBC said:

players joining them are stuck to the mission loading screen

That is caused by a CfgFunctions postInit script using sleep or while true, basically it's not exiting and the Game waits till all postInit scripts have run through, if there is a script with a while true loop it will never run through.

The MCC mod famously does that mistake and causes endless loading screens.