One script/mod I know which worked quite well back in the day was the Medevac Module by @goliath86.

This was all AI coming to your aid, etc.

If you dig into the code of this, you can use/change to your needs, of course, giving credits to @goliath86.

Don't be fooled by the sqs code, as you can read a bit here: KillzoneKid.

sorry, I was replying to @madrussian comments about AI transport.  I may have missed the issue...

@Gunter Severloh & @Rydygier, I commend your work, although I'm not a "place this module in mission" type of guy.

Thumbs up on both of your work.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 11:58 AM, madrussian said:

Roger all that.  Sounds like to get AI-only transport working (for personal use, etc), likely all the parts are within Hermes code, I'd just need to... (re)assemble them.  Plus you guys have no doubt overcome many obstacles making this all this work.  I recall encountering many gotchas trying get helis transporting AIs & player in A2, so again I greatly appreciate your efforts here!  OK, before I dive in and try to re-cobble Hermes to perform player-less AI-only transport... curious @Rydygier do you or anyone know of a good A3 AI-only helicopter transport script, that requires no player interaction?

Sorry for the multiple posts.  Seems as though I had misinterpreted @madrussian previous posts.

This seems like some sort of ambient combat request for reinforcements sent via AI due to trigger/scripting.  Although, I'm not certain, as he/she states "encountering many gotchas trying get helis transporting AIs & player in A2".

3 hours ago, panther42 said:

One script/mod I know which worked quite well back in the day was the Medevac Module by @goliath86.

This was all AI coming to your aid, etc.

If you dig into the code of this, you can use/change to your needs, of course, giving credits to @goliath86.

Thanks that sounds promising, will check it out.

1 hour ago, panther42 said:

This seems like some sort of ambient combat request for reinforcements sent via AI due to trigger/scripting.

I was thinking something script-only & simple (as it can be, considering the difficulty involved), likely not module-based, nor ambient (if you mean with ambient troops being created or something like that).

1 hour ago, panther42 said:

Sorry for the multiple posts.  Seems as though I had misinterpreted @madrussian previous posts.

First I was just checking about whether Hermes was capable of AI-only transport.  Then was briefly fishing, seeing if anyone knew of a good AI-only transport script.  Also sorta hoping Rydygier & Gunter might add this to Hermes (not outright requesting it, more hinting how potentially useful it could prove to be).  Then finally mentioned my brief troubles trying to get AI-only heli transport working in A2 (falling suiciders, etc), and how I might eventually try my hand at this for A3 (crediting everyone/anyone as appropriate), if one of these heli pros don't happen to get to it first.  Hope that clarifies.  Btw - Sorry for all the off-topic!

For some reason when i switch this all over to Prairie Fire DLC the choppers explode upon entry, anyone else find this issue? So tried again with vanilla loadout and even the demo same happens, ai enter choppere and boom.

• Sad 1

It has been long time but I recall, I encountered this issue in the past (it was on pure vanilla). IIRC, I never managed to nail down exact conditions that trigger this most peculiar behavior despite quite substantial effort I put into figuring this out. Mentioned demo works fine usually. Also no idea, when I'll be back here, most likely not anytime soon, so this probably will remain an unresolved mystery, unless in the meantime someone manage to define exact factors, that cause this. 

• Sad 1

Things, that could be answered: does it happen in SP, MP or both. Player local/non local. Each try or erratic. Only certain helo class or all helos CDLC/vanilla alike. That kind of stuff. 

• Like 1

Is there a way to set the RoE for the supply and transport helis? I don't want them to start firing at enemies unless fired upon.

It gets combatMode "YELLOW" for such tasks. In order to change that you need to edit the script. Namely RYD_HAS_atCalled function at these lines:

RYD_HAS_oldBeh = behaviour (leader _hG);
    RYD_HAS_oldCM = combatMode _hG;

while {(count (waypoints _hG)) > 0} do
         {
         deleteWaypoint ((waypoints _hG) select 0);
         };        

_hG setBehaviour "CARELESS";
    _hG setCombatMode "YELLOW";

Perhaps GREEN instead? Not sure...

Hi, I have been directed here after asking about adding a simple heli extraction to my repeatable mission on my squads 24/7 training server.

The problem I have is I never know who will be running the mission or how many players there will be. There may also be times when some players will be doing this whilst others are doing something else.

Will this script work for what I am attempting?

Yes you can syn as many user as you wish. I don't know if this script still works I have not fooled around  with this for quite a while

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dramacius said:

asking about adding a simple heli extraction

Yes it will work, provided there are helis still alive, and setup, you just need to be sure you set the number of times the

helis can be called, you also need to define who can call the helis

see my video on the script configuration and setup

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out, its now in the squad command menu

I am struggling to get the scroll wheel actions to show up even in the demo file supplied

I am getting icons I've not seen before but don't know how to activate them.

See my scrollwheel menu and the icons on the top right of this screenshot taken right from the demo in the script download.
107410_20221121140847_1.png

OK, so I am having issues. As you can see in the above post I am able to get HAS to work using the example mission however when I try to add it to my existing training file for my server the option for calling the helicopter in is not available. (so far only tested on the Eden editor multiplayer "server").

I have 50 possible units for my players to pick from all with variable names "Unit1" to "Unit50" and have put that into the userConfig.sqf
I have added two GhostHawks and given them the variables "Heli1" and "Heli2" and made sure they are active in the userConfig.sqf
I have added the gameLogic and given that the variable "RYD_HAS_Base" as instructed in the setup
I have added the init.sqf code to my existing init.sqf and the same for description.ext

I am not sure what else I could be doing wrong...

Also I get this error when launching from Eden Editor
107410_20221121193144_1.png

The error explains, why it doesn't work. Looks like some sort of syntax error was made while adding to a file. I can only blindly guess here, do you try to merge whole script into some other file? Better don't if so. Leave the logic structure as it is, paste HAS folder into your scenario folder, paste or merge description.ext, then just paste demo mission's init.sqf content, where HAS should start in your code. 

2 hours ago, Rydygier said:

The error explains, why it doesn't work. Looks like some sort of syntax error was made while adding to a file. I can only blindly guess here, do you try to merge whole script into some other file? Better don't if so. Leave the logic structure as it is, paste HAS folder into your scenario folder, paste or merge description.ext, then just paste demo mission's init.sqf content, where HAS should start in your code. 

Only edits I made were as above.

Copied the whole HAS folder into my root mission folder.
Copied the entire contents of the HAS init.sqf and description.ext and pasted them to the bottom of my existing init.sqf and description.ext

I will try doing it fresh from the demo file again see if that helps

EDIT:

I have solved the error message problem, I missed a comma when setting the smoke/flares settings however still not getting the option for my guys to call the helicopter in.

Copied the demo mission files directly into a test mission of my own excluding the mission file. Using a basic VR Mission with 1 unit given the variable name unit1 and 1 helicopter with the variable heli1 and no menu options come up.

Edited by Dramacius
more information added

35 minutes ago, Dramacius said:

I will try doing it fresh from the demo file again see if that helps

My suggestion is first to create a new mission with just the HAS script itself, without adding it to an existing mission.

Add in all the helis you want, basically mimic the mission your trying to implement HAS into but dont have any other scripts, units

ect,. just a vanilla mission with HAS, creating your own HAS demo.

Once you have that working and see how it works, then use that as a template and put that in your mission.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

My suggestion is first to create a new mission with just the HAS script itself, without adding it to an existing mission.

Add in all the helis you want, basically mimic the mission your trying to implement HAS into but dont have any other scripts, units

ect,. just a vanilla mission with HAS, creating your own HAS demo.

Once you have that working and see how it works, then use that as a template and put that in your mission.

Thanks, I have managed to get it working using scroll wheel instead of radio commands - some reason when I set RYD_HAS_UseSupportsMenu to true the "support" menu is in the "reply" menu.

I'm not familiar with ACE arsenal, but you have this:

//RYD_HAS_SupplyDrop_Prepared = [];//holds optional prepared boxes as supply to be dropped, that will be used before default, spawned boxes

So you can pre-place some supply boxes, configure in EDEN whatever you need, put their names into RYD_HAS_SupplyDrop_Prepared array and those should be used by helis. Example:

RYD_HAS_SupplyDrop_Prepared = [Box1,Box2,Box3];

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

I'm not familiar with ACE arsenal, but you have this:

//RYD_HAS_SupplyDrop_Prepared = [];//holds optional prepared boxes as supply to be dropped, that will be used before default, spawned boxes

So you can pre-place some supply boxes, configure in EDEN whatever you need, put their names into RYD_HAS_SupplyDrop_Prepared array and those should be used by helis. Example:

RYD_HAS_SupplyDrop_Prepared = [Box1,Box2,Box3];

This might help, thanks

OK, so HAS worked when testing from Eden Editor but no options to call the Helicopter are available when running on dedicated, am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, Dramacius said:

when running on dedicated,

I've used the module without issues on my rented server in a mission i built, script is the same, but

in an init.sqf do you have :

if (isServer) then
    {
    call compile preprocessFile "HAS\userConfig.sqf";
    call compile preprocessFile "HAS\HAS_fnc.sqf";
    [] call RYD_HAS_Init;
    };

For a server i believe you need to use the initserver.sqf

In a description.ext do you have:

class CfgCommunicationMenu
    {
    class HAS_callTransport
        {
        text = "Call for transport";
        submenu = "#USER:RYD_HAS_CT_submenu";
        //expression = "[[_this,this,_caller,_pos,_target,_is3D,_ID],RYD_HAS_atCalled] remoteExec ['spawn',2];";
        expression = "";
        icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\CommunicationMenu\transport_ca.paa";
        cursor = "\A3\ui_f\data\igui\cfg\cursors\iconCursorSupport_ca.paa";
        enable = "1";
        removeAfterExpressionCall = 0;
        };

class HAS_callSupply
        {
        text = "Call for supplies";
        submenu = "#USER:RYD_HAS_CS_submenu";
        //expression = "[_this,RYD_HAS_atCalled] remoteExec ['spawn',2]";
        expression = "";
        icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\CommunicationMenu\supplydrop_ca.paa";
        enable = "1";
        };

class HAS_callCAS
        {
        text = "Call CAS support";
        submenu = "#USER:RYD_HAS_CC_submenu";
        //expression = "[_this,RYD_HAS_atCalled] remoteExec ['spawn',2]";
        expression = "";
        icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\CommunicationMenu\casheli_ca.paa";
        enable = "1";
        };

class HAS_callCancel
        {
        text = "Cancel pending call";
        submenu = "";
        expression = "RYD_HAS_CallCancelled = true;publicVariableServer 'RYD_HAS_CallCancelled';";
        icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\CommunicationMenu\call_ca.paa";
        cursor = "";
        enable = "1";
        };

class HAS_FlightCeiling
        {
        text = "Change flight ceiling";
        submenu = "#USER:RYD_HAS_FC_submenu";
        //expression = "[[nil,nil,nil,100],RYD_HAS_ChangeAltitude] remoteExec ['spawn',2];";
        expression = "";
        icon = "\a3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Cfg\CommunicationMenu\call_ca.paa";
        cursor = "";
        enable = "1";
        };
    };

10 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I've used the module without issues on my rented server in a mission i built, script is the same, but

in an init.sqf do you have :

if (isServer) then
    {
    call compile preprocessFile "HAS\userConfig.sqf";
    call compile preprocessFile "HAS\HAS_fnc.sqf";
    [] call RYD_HAS_Init;
    };

For a server i believe you need to use the initserver.sqf

This fixed it thanks

• Like 1

Great!

In the future no need to quote my whole post, you can use @ and call a member, or quote something small they said,

but just replying to the thread here will send me a notification as i follow my own threads.

Anyways happy that sorted the issue, any other questions in the future dont hesitate to ask!

One last issue, How do I get the "Supports" menu onto the first page of the command menu?
HAS1.png
As you can see its not there but it is in the "Reply" section
HAS2.png

If my memory is right on the demo mission its in the first page of the command menu