OK, there was two simple errors in the config. Corrected parts:

RYD_HAS_STT = //names of the units to be transported
	[
	unit1,
	unit2,
	unit3,
	unit4
	];

(there should be no comma after last array element)

RYD_HAS_DoorsToOpen = //optional setting of animation sources, that should be animated before deploying fast ropes - intended for doors. Leave empty for no animations
	[
	//[heli1,["Door_Back_R","Door_Back_L"]]//Mohawk
	[heli1,["door_l","door_r"]]//Ghosthawk
	//[heli2,["door_l","door_r"]]//Ghosthawk
	//[heli1,["Door_rear_source"]]//Huron
	];

(heli2 line disabled, therefore comma at heli 1 line removed)

After these changes I see no more errors at init. 

• Like 2

I've made the adjustments. The last error went but it was replaced by a new one...

https://ibb.co/mtpdnzZ

I get on both my modded and vanila verison of the mission.

I saw it before, but no more after mentioned corrections. Here's your demo after those corrections. When I run it, there's no any error logs, HAS seem to init fine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r77fuq6tce9z11v/Long%20Rangevanilla.Stratis.zip?dl=0

One really need to be careful and avoid any syntax errors and typos. 

I must of missed something......again....At least it works haha!

Thank you very much! Soooo happy it works now! I've been pulling hair out about this for ages!

Thank you for your help and time. it is much appreciated!

• Like 2

Meanwhile...

HAS 1.96wip1

For a try integrated this stuff:

There will be an option to make heli to fly in this manner except from slingloaded cargo delivery. In order to use it, keep in userConfig.sqf this true:

RYD_HAS_ContourFlightMode = true;//if enabled, new, lowest flight ceiling is added: "contour flight", where heli will try to fly as low, as possible.

and when ceiling change is possible at HAS call pending, set for the heli ceiling below usual minimum (for example use -250m when at default ceiling). It should be possible to switch back and forth on the fly, I hope.

I tested this a bit, but of course there's an ocean of circumstancies nad factors combinations to check out in order to be sure, CFS dances elegantly enough with HAS. Also CFS itself is still under testing...  

• Like 3

HAS 1.96wip2

Added some code in order to prevent multiplied heli respawn bug - it may help. If not, there are also added some RPT logs, that may help to find the reason. That bug was happening to me sometimes (not always) server side too, even in SP, not tested client side before nor after fixes.

I'll be grateful if anyone test this ASAP, new HAS version should be released till the end of this week, later I may be busy for longer time. 

• Like 1

Anyone want to confirm the v1.96 version updates are working? So we can push the update out to public?

Basically test the respawn function to see if the heli's are duplicating themselves, use either module or script.

Test the contour flight feature to see if it works for you, note when you use it, you need to be in the air already

choose it mid flight and adjust the height of the heli like -50m etc,.

@Play3r and anyone else? Can you confirm those two things are working and functioning?

i have been working with Rydygier through pm with this update i can confirm everything is working as it should, although for the contour flight

which is when the heli flies close to the ground, note that "speed kills" when coming close to a hill/mountain to be climbed.

Although the heli will adjust i had a test where i had lowered the heli prior to coming to a hill traveling at the default cruise speed and ended

up partially climbing but then crashed into it.

"Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast"

Update

Changelog

11-2-20

Update v1.96

• Fixed - added code to prevent multiplied heli respawn bug, where when the heli respawned a copy of itself would spawn next to it.
  • Added Contour Flight Mode (this enables the helicopter to fly close to the ground for those stealth insertion missions/fly under the radar).

Thanks to Rydygier, and community feedback for enabling this update to be released, this script has only gotten better!

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I may have installed this script incorrectly, but I placed the HAS folder in my misson's "s" folder (To handle server side scripts) and I made sure to update the script filepath in the init.sqf and description.ext (Didn't see any references to the scripts in the userconfig or fnc files)

I placed two helicopters with crew, named them h1 and h2. Invisible helipads under (Didnt name them though) and a game logic named RYD_HAS_BASE. Changed the variable list of units to playableUnits in the userconfig. Pasted the helicoter init code into both h1 and h2. Am I missing anything? No script errors, but I don't have any addActions and the support menu is empty. I do see the systemChat of Has version on mission init though.

[EDIT]
Disregard, the setting RYD_HAS_allChoppers was commented out by default so I assumed it was a variable not completed or something. Uncommented it and properly filled the array with h1 and h2, now it works. 🙃

• Like 1

Also should be possible to enable helis for HAS use by syncing them (vehicles) to the same game logic. This works only, if RYD_HAS_allChoppers is not defined by the user. Same with units and RYD_HAS_STT.

@Rydygier @Gunter SeverlohTried the script last night on my dedicated server with a friend and had an annoying bug (Could be Arma AI induced) where, after dropping us off at an LZ and flying back to base and landing, it would take off again and come back near our LZ or current position and land in random locations around us. This is with VCOM AI enabled, so maybe I just need to try disabling VCOM (Although I don't think it effects pilots). No other addons enabled. The AI pilot would also stay landed until I told him to land somewhere else and then cancel it so he can RTB. But after landing and turning his engine off, he'd spool back up and fly back to us for seemingly no reason and land. Rinse and repeat.

4 hours ago, phronk said:

This is with VCOM AI enabled

Yup, its got to be VCOM effecting the pilots, as i never had such issue, only issue i ever had with HAS both script and module was the respawn bug which we fixed

and exploding helicopter while using ACE otherwise i dont play with AI mods.

I think other mods that influence the AI or change functions of the game will conflict

with HAS in someway, i know thats pretty obvious but ideally HAS was mainly geared towards vanilla AI use, heli type dont matter.

I really dont know what could be done to make HAS compatible with AI mods, as im sure Rydygier dont play with AI mods, nor do i so

its almost up for grabs for someone to do such thing, idk what else to say then maybe if there is a setting, or something you can change or tweak

in VCOM where you can turn off the AI enhancement for heli pilots.

Better yet maybe use some code that makes the AI pilots ... how do you say exclusive i guess would be the word, like their whitelisted if you get my idea

that would be the only best way that comes to mind if thats even possible.

Yeah, confirmed VCOM was interfering with pilot AI. Never knew it even effected them. Fixed it by disabling VCOM on the pilots.

Had two last issues where telling the pilot to INCREASE their flight ceiling by 250m made them descend into the ground and crash lol. Also fast roping into an area kicked out the person who called the transport and they died. Everyone else (players) nside wasn't able to fastrope out and the heli took off to RTB.

3 minutes ago, phronk said:

Fixed it by disabling VCOM on the pilots.

Oh nice, so VCOM does have a setting for that then, thats good to hear, wouldn't want you to have to not use the mod if

you really like it over HAS but all depends on what you want to do ingame.

4 minutes ago, phronk said:

pilot to INCREASE their flight ceiling by 250m made them descend into the ground and crash lol

Odd, Rydygier may ask for a repro for that only warning you 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Odd, Rydygier may ask for a repro for that only warning you

Yep, I may, and vanilla of course. 🙂 Since it doesn't occur in my SP tests, IIRC, it may be some other MP thing or another VCOM interference of some sort.

4 hours ago, phronk said:

Also fast roping into an area kicked out the person who called the transport and they died. Everyone else (players) nside wasn't able to fastrope out and the heli took off to RTB.

I always had limited possibility to test & debug stuff in MP and no real conditions to do so with more, than one player (no way to do so effectively), so MP environment is always more risky for HAS. There are issues not present in SP like locality and desyncs/lags/high pings etc. On the top of that there's always a risk of third party script/mod interference, game bugs and mission maker set up mistakes to make things even more foggy. And particularly fast roping part is sensitive to MP-specific issues, not all can be fixed here. I'll try, what I can, when I find more time, but it never was and, I dare to say, it likely never will be recommended option for MP gameplay. I know, I know, players like it, because it's... "tacticool" is the word? But in sake of smooth gameplay I always recommend touchdown option, fast roping, technically, is highly capricious ornament. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

"tacticool" is the word? But in sake of smooth gameplay I always recommend touchdown option, fast roping, technically, is highly capricious ornament. 

Damm i want to be "tacticool" when i sit in my  ComfyOfficeGameingChair with chips and soda just right next to me.. :sad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Play3r said:

Damm i want to be "tacticool" when i sit in my  ComfyOfficeGameingChair with chips and soda just right next to me.. :sad:

mc-donalds-special-forces.jpg

• Haha 5

Just finally checking this out.  Looks awesome & like it was an absolutely huge undertaking. 🙂

I quick read through the features list & watched a couple of the intro videos.  Can't quite tell though, is this well suited to transporting AI-only squads?  Also if so, would assume fast-rope is optional?

Thanks, yeah, one of those projects, where I stopped accepting big requests, because started to have problems with unpredicted consequences of the changes. The code has grown too complex. 🙂

AFAIK - depends. I mean, it should be possible to auto-embark AIs only, order the heli to fly somewhere, then auto-disembark them, also via fast roping (yes, optional, atm less reliable, than I would like though, apparently...):

RYD_HAS_AutoInOut = true;//if all RYD_HAS_STT units should be sent to embark/disembark RYD_HAS_Chopper automatically. Doesn't affect fast roping, which is always automatic

Thing is, someone - basically a player - has to call the heli for the HAS task and pick the destination after embarking. There's no AI routine for that parts like, say, it is in Hetman. In order to automatize those steps extra coding would be necessary. Also auto embark/disembark wasn't tested very thoroughly, not quite sure, how reliable it is. 

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

AFAIK - depends. I mean, it should be possible to auto-embark AIs only, order the heli to fly somewhere, then auto-disembark them, also via fast roping (yes, optional, atm less reliable, than I would like though, apparently...):

RYD_HAS_AutoInOut = true;//if all RYD_HAS_STT units should be sent to embark/disembark RYD_HAS_Chopper automatically. Doesn't affect fast roping, which is always automatic

Thing is, someone - basically a player - has to call the heli for the HAS task and pick the destination after embarking. There's no AI routine for that parts like, say, it is in Hetman. In order to automatize those steps extra coding would be necessary. Also auto embark/disembark wasn't tested very thoroughly, not quite sure, how reliable it is. 

Roger all that.  Sounds like to get AI-only transport working (for personal use, etc), likely all the parts are within Hermes code, I'd just need to... (re)assemble them.  Plus you guys have no doubt overcome many obstacles making this all this work.  I recall encountering many gotchas trying get helis transporting AIs & player in A2, so again I greatly appreciate your efforts here!  OK, before I dive in and try to re-cobble Hermes to perform player-less AI-only transport... curious @Rydygier do you or anyone know of a good A3 AI-only helicopter transport script, that requires no player interaction?

Well, I was interested in this topic only when I was writing Hetman AL, so I do not know anything else. Inside HAL there are lines for fully autonomous AI-by-AI heli transport from A to B, including all the "thinking" responsible for all the choices - who to transport, by which vehicle, why, and where and in what manner, but it's highly integrated with the whole decision-making thing and therefore divided across few interacting mutually files, thus hard to extract, easier may be even to write such script from the scratch... Or indeed reassemble HAS for particular, interesting parts. 

6 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Inside HAL there are lines for fully autonomous AI-by-AI heli transport from A to B, including all the "thinking" responsible for all the choices - who to transport, by which vehicle, why, and where and in what manner

That sounds quite awesome!

7 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

but it's highly integrated with the whole decision-making thing and therefore divided across few interacting mutually files, thus hard to extract, easier may be even to write such script from the scratch... Or indeed reassemble HAS for particular, interesting parts. 

I may give this a shot, and if so might have a question or two while navigating through it.  Btw - Thanks for all your hard work on these missions & scripts.  You really put out some high quality stuff. 🙂

(Btw - Seems to me a simplified AI-only helicopter transport script would come in super-handy for a lot of mission creators.  If anyone was so inclined.)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Also auto embark/disembark wasn't tested very thoroughly, not quite sure, how reliable it is. 

I think its a hit or miss, for the player i been finding it works np on the disembark but when your commanding a squad and

their supposed to get out when you do, the heli takes off while their still on it, so i usually just tell them to disembark as soon as the heli lands or im using fastrope, problem

here is they wont fastrope if you tell them to disembark.

On another note to this i may not have the auto set in the module for my mission which i need to check anyways but so far this is what

i've dealt with at least with AI under your command.

19 hours ago, madrussian said:

do you or anyone know of a good A3 AI-only helicopter transport script, that requires no player interaction?

Hmm idk if there is such a script, what you could do is go to my AI compilation list here

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/165560-ai-compilation-list-of-addonsmodsscripts-threads-for-arma3/

and for the threads look under AI CAS, Helicopters, Jets & Planes and see if theres any threads that i might have there that might show you how to set that up

there is also the script section which is the 2nd page 1st post of the thread, but i doubt there is any AI transport only without player interaction.

10 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I think its a hit or miss, for the player i been finding it works np on the disembark but when your commanding a squad and

their supposed to get out when you do, the heli takes off while their still on it, so i usually just tell them to disembark as soon as the heli lands or im using fastrope, problem

here is they wont fastrope if you tell them to disembark.

Sounds a lot like the problems I was having back in A2 trying to transport AIs with choppers.  Only I had guys "disembarking" from up in the air and falling to their deaths.  It was more like suicide.

10 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hmm idk if there is such a script, what you could do is go to my AI compilation list here

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/165560-ai-compilation-list-of-addonsmodsscripts-threads-for-arma3/

and for the threads look under AI CAS, Helicopters, Jets & Planes and see if theres any threads that i might have there that might show you how to set that up

there is also the script section which is the 2nd page 1st post of the thread, but i doubt there is any AI transport only without player interaction.

Thanks, I'll have a look.  If I manage to get some coherent AI-only helicopter transport running, I'll definitely share it (pending permissions for any borrowed code, etc, of course).