Don't know if/how it may help you, but between the moment, the box is created and the moment, it's detached, it is stored under RYD_HAS_box global variable. So probably during that time one could one way or another apply the code, I found on BIKI:

[ "AmmoboxInit", [ RYD_HAS_box, true, {(_this distance _target) < 10} ] ] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

Personally I have not much experience with Arsenal. 

11 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

Anyway to easily add Arsenal to the supply drop as an option?

Good idea, Rydygier might be able to add it to something in the next update coming up, forget the fix btw which

was still done but hes got something bigger coming up ;)

Update v1.2

• Script now comes in Eden Editor Module
  • Added virtual Arsenal option to the Supply Drop

New video will demonstrate, and show you how to configure & setup

the editor module (also linked in the OP)

Module has its own thread in the addons & Mods complete section, see it here:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/221095-release-hermes-airlift-services-mod/

Please use that thread for all module based questions, script related questions can be asked here.

Download for v1.2 of script contains:

• Script
  • 2 demo missions (script & module)
  • Has Addons (editor module)

Armaholic page for the module coming soon, Steam Workshop for the module coming soon as well!

Thanks to Rydygier and his dedicated work, without him this script and module would not be possible.

Cheers, have fun, and Happy New Year!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thank you, and Welcome to Bis forums!

You guys really need to thank Rydygier for this, he is the brains behind the script and module, i just gave alot of ideas, testing, and of course threads,

videos and all the other stuff surrounding it.

Lets not forget those in the credits too, whom gave their feedback, and ideas too.

Guys, this mod/script, in my opinion, is the best of the year. Really good. Perfect job, congratulations.

Just a note: it is not running on MP, on dedicated server. I'm looking forward to seeing when you can upgrade to work in MP. Thanks for your job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd love the upgrade the MP and dedicated, also.

Thanks for adding the arsenal.

12 hours ago, Veiamiope said:

Just a note: it is not running on MP, on dedicated server.

Figured that, thanks for the feedback!

Rydygier mainly coded it for singleplayer, i dont think he knows how to code for multiplayer especially not for a dedicated server, if there is anyone willing to

help with code in terms making it work on a dedicated please let us know, its up to Rydygier really but im sure if he could make it work knowing how

to code he probably would for MP.

7 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

Thanks for adding the arsenal.

Welcome thanks for suggesting it, its a good feature!

Yeah, I probably already mentioned, how I hate MP scripting (yet you, ppl, each time I write a piece of code, keep tormenting me with it! :P ). Still, since I'm at least able to test this on dedi myself, I can try. Muggy jungle of locality once more then...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Awesome, thanks for the great work and considering the communities request.

More, than 100 code changes later...

Here is HAS 1.2 dedi test

I put it directly here for testing purposes (script version only), not official release. 

Added also few universal code changes, that should be included in next HAS version regardless, how this experiment will go (collecting used weaponry amongst the units was bound to player's group units only, not defined units - wrong, flight ceiling change actions was gone too early after slingload delivery...). 

This version should, by intention at least, work also in single player. 

Try various settings and situations. I tested only some on single PC, where dedi was set and I was playing client-side. In general - works. Apart from usual in MP slight "rickety" feeling due to client-server delays, known issues are:

- once UNHOOK waypoint wasn't finished properly, heli stuck over target position, reason unknown. In few later tests it worked fine.

- kbTell doesn't work (some sentences not there, but at least one (HQ request confirmation) was audible, but... distorted in very peculiar way, really weird), so voicechat setting better keep "false".  Didn't tried remoteExec spell on it yet, not sure, if it is global, or local or what. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Yeah, I probably already mentioned, how I hate MP scripting (yet you, ppl, each time I write a piece of code, keep tormenting me with it! :P ).

Haha.   I totally sympathize.  I too hate MP scripting, and I'm constantly hounded (pun intended) about making JBOY Dog MP compatible!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 02/01/2019 at 07:34, Rydygier said:

Sim, eu provavelmente já mencionei, como eu odeio o script MP (mesmo assim você, ppl, cada vez que eu escrevo um trecho de código, continuo me atormentando com isso!: P). Ainda assim, desde que eu sou pelo menos capaz de testar isso em dedi, eu posso tentar. Selva abafada da localidade mais uma vez então ...

man, if this works in mp, it will be the mod of the decade...go ahead! Tks a lot!

On 02/01/2019 at 12:20 PM, Rydygier said:

More, than 100 code changes later...

Here is HAS 1.2 dedi test

I put it directly here for testing purposes (script version only), not official release. 

Added also few universal code changes, that should be included in next HAS version regardless, how this experiment will go (collecting used weaponry amongst the units was bound to player's group units only, not defined units - wrong, flight ceiling change actions was gone too early after slingload delivery...). 

This version should, by intention at least, work also in single player. 

Try various settings and situations. I tested only some on single PC, where dedi was set and I was playing client-side. In general - works. Apart from usual in MP slight "rickety" feeling due to client-server delays, known issues are:

- once UNHOOK waypoint wasn't finished properly, heli stuck over target position, reason unknown. In few later tests it worked fine.

- kbTell doesn't work (some sentences not there, but at least one (HQ request confirmation) was audible, but... distorted in very peculiar way, really weird), so voicechat setting better keep "false".  Didn't tried remoteExec spell on it yet, not sure, if it is global, or local or what. 

Ok, you really did!. Congrats! 

is running on MP. I tested the demo mission on the dedicated server, and it works perfectly. (ping 102)
In the test of transport, it worked without problems. In the supply drop test, just at the moment of landing the load, the helicopter did not land, although it released the smoke signals as well as the light. I canceled then (after a lot of time). The helicopter dropped the load on the way back to RTB.

But it's already very good!

TKS

• Like 2

the helicopter did not land, although it released the smoke signals as well as the light

That's interesting. There's definitelly something wrong for dedi with "UNHOOK" waypoint procedure, but if light and smoke was placed, that means, AI considered that waypoint completed (completion statements was executed). Sadly, I can't fix a waypoint. Maybe some workaround will be possible though... Meanwhile I recommend set slingload to false on dedi (boxes will be paradropped instead). Thanks a lot for the feedback!

2 hours ago, Veiamiope said:

In the supply drop test, just at the moment of landing the load, the helicopter did not land

So you tested just the slingload, what about the paradrop?

On 05/01/2019 at 1:30 PM, Rydygier said:

That's interesting. There's definitelly something wrong for dedi with "UNHOOK" waypoint procedure, but if light and smoke was placed, that means, AI considered that waypoint completed (completion statements was executed). Sadly, I can't fix a waypoint. Maybe some workaround will be possible though... Meanwhile I recommend set slingload to false on dedi (boxes will be paradropped instead). Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Ok guys, I deactivated slingload and it really works. At times, the smoke signal takes about 3 to 4 turns of the helicopter to be seen, but if you use the indication on the map, it works quickly.
I have performed some tests to assist you in developing in dedicated MP.

method and results:

1 ° All bots activated, slingload off - perfect working, transport and drop (parachute);
2° other bots disabled (only player), slingload off - perfect transport and drop operation;
3 ° All bots, sligload off, Warlord protocol - does not work the menu, but the message that helicopter is ready appears;
4 ° All bots, slingload off, Changing the name of the units (from unit1 to John, unit2 Mark... for example). Even changing the names in RYD_HAS_STT (I think this is a problem of my lack of knowledge ... LOL) does not work.

I'll continue testing later, thanks again for the script!

• Thanks 2

I was testing your mission (script for dedi) in a dedicated server and it work ok.

The problem is when I mix your script with missions such as Liberation. It seems that in those missions when you load any Arsenal saved loadout it mess all the code because transport and support option in action menu disappear. In your original example mission is not happening at all.

For sure is not your code, it is the mixture of two complex scripts.

I will keep digging in this issue and try to find a solution. 

This is a great idea for any kind of mission and if finally works in Liberation I will be very happy :f:

Thanks! Mixing two or more scripts/mods always makes all sort of issues possible. Better to test without any other mods/scripts, this way we're sure, every encountered bug is originating from the HAS itself. 

On 17/12/2018 at 8:11 AM, Rydygier said:

Of course, whatever unit you switch into, has to be also defined as chosen for airlifting. That's up to mission designer, to ensure that. Then, the unit, you switch into, should have the call heli action.

So I'm trying to add the new unit to the STT pool like this:

//// onPlayerRespawn.sqf

_newUnit = _this select 0;

[_newUnit] call RYD_HAS_NewUnits;

It is just not working, it doesn't make a thing. Also, for some weird reason I can't call the helos, I get the "no elegible heli" error message even tho when I embark the helo I can do the transport action.

I know you hate MP code, sorry!

Well, that was the idea, but... Actually, 1.3, which is coming, has amongst several new goodies implemented integrated way to ensure, chosen unit after respawn will get back call actions. In my tests (dedi and client on the same PC, me playing client side) it works. Due to added new stuff code gets more and more complex, that means, working with it and testing it becomes more and more time consuming (yep, mostly because MP aspect...), but hopefully will be released soon enough (Gunter decides that). 

• Like 1

i keep getting this error upon entry of a chopper-

12:05:43 Error in expression <on RYD_HAS_Caller;
_box = objNull;

if (RYD_HAS_isSupplyRun) then
{
RYD_HAS_box >
12:05:43   Error position: <RYD_HAS_isSupplyRun) then
{
RYD_HAS_box >
12:05:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_has_issupplyrun

1.3 is coming and so such errors in any tests, but in any case, could you give me whole RPT that includes this log? Such error usually begin from something else, that for example breaks syntax. 

thats the entire rpt regarding your script the rest is all cup island related rpt comments ive ran it quite a few times and still get same error upon entry of heli 1 or 2

to be clear in your demo mission if you get in the copper at start /rather than call it to you, it gets this error. if i call it to me, then get in, i dont get the error. i wanted to use the script to transport to and from location.

I also would like to know if you plan on making the script work when the item you use is dropped.  In otherwords if i pick up the commanders radio or backpack(whatever you choose in the script) i can call in a chopper. otherwise if leader dies we are left with no ride back.

Edited by WarhammerZeus
reasons

Well, the good news is, no such error encountered in 1.3 at entering the chopper at the base. 

HAS actions are bound to the units rather than items (there is an option for manual adding needed actions to the some object, but things are too complex in 1.3 to fully support that option). Dropping required item will remove actions, but picking it by the unit not defined for HAS use will do nothing. But I see a workaround that needs no change in the 1.3 code: simply add every player to the chosen units array, but give them only one required item. Whoever amongst these units has it - can make calls. Not because the item itself, but because a chosen unit has it, still the result is same.  It will be easier to achieve with changes, 1.3 introduces.