In the userconfig.sqf

Do you have this set to true?

RYD_HAS_UseSupportsMenu = true;//if false = mouse actions will be used to call transport, supply, to cancel request or to change flight ceiling.

When true - these actions will be available via supports menu (0-8). Destination choice actions will be always under mouse action menu.

@Gunter Severlohe

I never understood why you could not have multiple support requesters assets (modules) vanilla linked to different units to use in the same mission. Why can you only have one link to the vanilla modules.

You dont need to use @ my name avibird1 i will get notification without it because i follow the thread like you.

As for your question, what does that have to do with HAS?

18 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

why you could not have multiple support requesters assets (modules)

Because you only need one, you can place as many assets (art, cas, transport ect,.) as you want, you just need to sync them all to the support requester.

If you wanted multiple users that can call for supports then just sync them to the requester too.

Unless im not understanding your question thats pretty much how you do it.

Are we talking about your mod or vanilla. 

I am talking about vanilla. What I have seen yes you can syn as many user to the the modules but the first unit that use it is the allow one who gets the icons and the ability to use the support modules with vanilla. I had a script that allows the support modules to follow the player when he switchs to a new unit but that is not what I wanted. I wanted two different JTAC units in different squads to have access to the vanilla modules but only the first units that uses it will get the support modules working. 

I am wrong about this. I have not tried to syn multiple units to have them.use the vanilla modules. For my second unit I use a few other mod to give me CAS art supplies pickup. 

I use @ just to indicate the question is directed to you and not somebody else my brother 

7 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

In the userconfig.sqf

Do you have this set to true?

RYD_HAS_UseSupportsMenu = true;

Yes, otherwise it uses scroll wheel interaction.

It shows in the menu just not the root menu.

I have to open the menu then select "reply" then "support" shows in that menu.

10 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

I am talking about vanilla.

What im referring too, but i already answered from what i know, outside that it may not be possible.

As for HAS as im sure you know you can sync everyone and they'll get the option to call.

4 hours ago, Dramacius said:

It shows in the menu just not the root menu.

Are you not pressing 0-8 because thats the only option i get, like i said before, test on a blank map,

no mods, vanilla assets only, setup a heli or a few, get a fresh version of the script, or link your mission so i can

test it out and see whats going on as i dont have your issue.

Gunter let me clarify.  I know there's a big difference between single player coding in versus multiplayer coding but I really don't understand all the nuances between the two. With that said.

A mission that is design for a host server that has two squads of 20 playable units with team switch enabled that has two JTAC units one in each squad. 

I have try to setup it up with one requestor module for each unit with all the vanilla support modules link. I have tried to set it up with only one requestor module with both units syn to all the vanilla modules and only a few to each unit individually. 

What I get it who ever a switch into first gets the support icons available the second units my switch into it does not get the icons and does not have the modules available.  When you say you can have multiple units with the support module working ? This is not the case for me.  

Can you please explain to me what I'm doing wrong or I misunderstanding what you're saying. 

My solution is to use other mods the mimic all the vanilla support modules so each unit has equal abilities. Thanks avibird 

I figured out what's going on.

You are accessing the menus by pressing 0-8 I was accessing the menus by pressing Backspace the scroll wheeling to the option '0 Reply' then '8 Support'. I thought when I ran the demo I was able to press Backspace then scroll wheel directly to '8 Support' but that may not have been the case.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

When you say you can have multiple units with the support module working ? This is not the case for me.  

Because you need to use a code that transfers the function to the next playable unit.

A thread you posted on in 2020 is how you do it https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/144510-multiple-support-requesters/

I did that in my The ISIL Foothold mission when i had playable units setup https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/223200-spcoop-the-isil-foothold/

where when i died or even switched to the next unit then all supports would transfer to the unit i chose.

Lets keep this thread specific to HAS, so future questions about your issue use the linked thread for the

multiple support requesters as ideally thats what you want.

Hi, sorry to be bothering you again.

I am having issues with night signals, none that I use are being detected by the helicopter, the daytime signal is working.

This is the code

RYD_HAS_SignalClassesNight = //parent classes of ammo shot, that will be considered as proper position marker for pick up spot. Leave empty if no signal should be required - night
    [
    "Chemlight_base",
    "FlareBase"
    //"SmokeShellGreen",
    //"F_Signal_Green"
    //"F_Signal_Red"
    ];

what can I use to put other non vanilla flares/chemlights?

I am using non vanilla smoke rounds fine in the daytime with this code:

RYD_HAS_SignalClassesDay = //parent classes of ammo shot, that will be considered as proper position marker for pick up spot. Leave empty if no signal should be required - day
	[
	//"SmokeShell",//any color
	//"SmokeShellBlue",
	"SmokeShellGreen"
	//"SmokeShellRed",
	//"SmokeShellOrange",
	//"SmokeShellPurple",
	//"SmokeShellYellow",
	//"F_Signal_Green",
	//"F_Signal_Red",
	//"FlareBase"
	];

So far, my problem was related with some PC account problem. Creating a new local account fixed the problem with Hermes MOD!!! Very happy to be able to use it as it should.

Wrong section. Not related with script version.

Edited by STyx2909
Wrong section.
  • Like 1

Hey, so i have a problem.

CAS and transport helicopters just fly away after 20-ish seconds, into the direction of the enemy.  

Any ideas what could be the cause? They're parked on an LHD. (but it did work the last time i fooled around with arma)

ty for any insight

Vanilla heli's or helicopters from a mod?

On 11/20/2023 at 3:32 PM, Rok Stuhne said:

They're parked on an LHD

When parked on the ground on a helipad object do they do the same?

11 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Vanilla heli's or helicopters from a mod?

When parked on the ground on a helipad object do they do the same?

hey, tnx for the response, vanilla, placed on helipad on the LHD.

They seem to activate when combat starts and in this example, for some reason the ship's VLS starts shooting at a radar or helicopters ~10km away, which then activates the choppers. one of them gets activated even if i just take off from the ships and do a circle over it. Even if i remove the vls, they seem to get painted by radar as soon as i take off or something....

there is no room to place them on land

1 hour ago, Rok Stuhne said:

there is no room to place them on land

I meant on a blank map when you place the heli's on a helipad with nothing but them do they do the same?

@Rydygier any ideas here about why helis would activate when combat starts?

About the only thing that comes to mind for that is just the ai pilots are self preserving themselves, though thats

a bit backwards if their flying towards the enemy, lol

Rok you running any other mods, or using any other scripts and if so what are they?

IIRC there's nothing in Hermes, that could trigger such behavior. In HAS everything is triggered on player's demand. I guess, there's many other possibilities outside HAS. 

To be sure, what's the cause, normal course of action is to disable part of used mods/scripts whatever and test with the rest etc. until you determine the culprit. To confirm or exclude HAS specifically, try and compare without HAS. And then also with HAS only, no other mods whatsoever - "vanilla repro". 

On 11/23/2023 at 10:36 AM, Rydygier said:

IIRC there's nothing in Hermes, that could trigger such behavior. In HAS everything is triggered on player's demand. I guess, there's many other possibilities outside HAS. 

To be sure, what's the cause, normal course of action is to disable part of used mods/scripts whatever and test with the rest etc. until you determine the culprit. To confirm or exclude HAS specifically, try and compare without HAS. And then also with HAS only, no other mods whatsoever - "vanilla repro". 

I mean it works as advertised on it's own, in the demo mission. But even if i copy the two helicopters from the demo and copy the HAS folder and put everything asin the demo on that map, it's goes to crap.

I think it has to do with addons/scripts....idk...was just asking around to see if there's any tips. Gonna shuffle around some assets on that map over the weekend, see what happens.

54 minutes ago, Rok Stuhne said:

I think it has to do with addons/scripts....idk

So... list what mods your also running, and scripts, or you'll be floating around this subject and wasting time when you could be

building a cool mission with the script. Rydydgier and i been at this script since 2013 so it very much works right out of the box

granted there aren't any gremlins in the cockpit messing with the controls from other mods, so what mods, and scripts are you using?

well, idk, upon some further testing i dont think it has to do with HAS script, i just noticed it on the vehicles running it first. This is from another map, where there's no radar and vehicles just keep engaging. 

In the pic below, the helicopters on the deck are tied to HAS, the boat in the welldeck isn't. All are meant to be used by the player, to either get to the island or call support.

On the island there's a 4 flag conquest game with lots of AI soldiers going on and with as single respawning vehicle, tied to a flag capture. When that vehicle spawn happens, the ship's cannons engage and the helicopters and the boat all leave the ship and are busy by getting shot down and sometimes, one of them gets a waypoint to 0,0,0 and waits there. (can see in spectator mode)   idk why, but originally i thought because of this waypoint, that it maybe has to do something with HAS.

err.jpg

15 hours ago, Rok Stuhne said:

the ship's cannons engage and the helicopters

Sounds like you have the good guys sitting on the deck of the bad guys boat, if that sounds right?

What faction is the boat, and assuming from the looks of the screenshot the helis are blufor correct?

If all thats the case then make sure both factions are allied in the attributes tab/general.

If it is and or their on the same side then it seems theres something else going on, idk need more details.

10 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Sounds like you have the good guys sitting on the deck of the bad guys boat, if that sounds right?

What faction is the boat, and assuming from the looks of the screenshot the helis are blufor correct?

If all thats the case then make sure both factions are allied in the attributes tab/general.

If it is and or their on the same side then it seems theres something else going on, idk need more details.

no, it's not that :P 

the cannons fire at what they're supposed to, and the "commotion of the combat" somehow activates the helicopters when they're supposed to be ready until they get the call from the player (me)