7 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Thanks, I'll test this, hopefully soon, then I should be able to tell something specific.  

Meanwhile, about 1.6: noted, in 0-8 variant attack helis are listed also as available for transport and supply. I'll remove from transport list any helis, that have 0 free cargo space at HAS init, but I wonder, should I restrict somehow also supply delivery list? By what criteria, if so? What do you think, guys? 

Manual route planning code implementation looks promising so far, not working yet, but that's hopefully matter of time and debugging. Caller will get map opened each time route planning makes sense: just after any task call (before HQ confirmation), and at using "choose destination" action during troops transport. Shift+LMB will add new navpoint, alt+LMB will clear all placed navpoints, LMB will end route planning (and point final coords, where expected). Also the heli should RTB using same route, so whole used route has to be memorized, at least that's the plan. 

Damm @Rydygier don't you sleep.

I asked a question yesterday and you already got a plan and are working on the script !!

i have played around with the MOD version of the HAS and i get a error every time i try to use transport from base with CUP heli. (CUP_B_CH47F_USA) 

i do have some error pictures taken in game:

2usfzvs.jpg

20axlb8.jpg

• Like 1

Nah, I enjoy 6-7 hours of good sleep. 🙂 Thanks, that will be helpful.

• Thanks 1

Definitelly, CUP helis & HAS form highly toxic relationship. If vanilla works, bud modded heli no, likely there's something wrong with the heli. First error may be related to the script itself, but this crash... It happens just after such log:

20:52:02 a3\data_f\hook\hook_f.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape

Something wrong in this heli model related with slingloading, it seems. Maybe try with paradrop supply variant to compare, if crash will happen again.  

54 minutes ago, Play3r said:

Damm @Rydygier don't you sleep

What i said, lol i wish i had his time energy and motivation i'd get alot more progress than i do.

For CUP @Play3r your not Noobbody on steam are you?

If not forgive the mix up but another user of HAS also having same issues using CUP Helis.

Keep the feedback coming in especially screenshots, and rpts they make a big difference!

Rydygier

Had this popup last night on dedicated server. It is not mission breaking. Pilot is just spamming the sidechat. Only seems to happen after you use the helo then try and use the helo again. Not sure if it happens on hosted havent tested it yet.

I see it, but that's not HAS message, one of these AI quirks, not sure, if I would be able to make it stop on my end. 

Did a couple of quick tests. With the pilot spam. It does happen on hosted and dedicated

I fixed it by putting this for the pilot

{(driver this) disableAI _x} foreach ["TARGET","AUTOTARGET"];

I figure the pilot does not need to target anything, he is just flying a taxi service. 

I did find another problem, if you have multiple helos set up for airlift. Get in one and fly to a destination. Go to another  helo that you have not flown in. Get in, you will get the addactions to transport but they will only effect the first helo you flew in originally.

Also I am getting the same error reported previously by Play3r

8 hours ago, Rydygier said:

Thanks, I'll test this, hopefully soon, then I should be able to tell something specific.  

Meanwhile, about 1.6: noted, in 0-8 variant attack helis are listed also as available for transport and supply. I'll remove from transport list any helis, that have 0 free cargo space at HAS init, but I wonder, should I restrict somehow also supply delivery list? By what criteria, if so? What do you think, guys? 

Manual route planning code implementation looks promising so far, not working yet, but that's hopefully matter of time and debugging. Caller will get map opened each time route planning makes sense: just after any task call (before HQ confirmation), and at using "choose destination" action during troops transport. Shift+LMB will add new navpoint, alt+LMB will clear all placed navpoints, LMB will end route planning (and point final coords, where expected). Also the heli should RTB using same route, so whole used route has to be memorized, at least that's the plan. 

Sounds awesome.

Leave supply delivery alone, right? Depending on the supply drop vs aircraft vs sling load or parachute. Pawnee could lift small items still and huron could lift vehicles, etc.

With the manual route planning, will elevation still be adjustable?

I did further testing and CUP and MELB and RHS still have issues with CAS vs the vanilla aircraft.

Thanks.

Works on route planning are progressing, but there are still difficult parts requiring more work, mostly around proper replacing previous path with new one on the fly. Meanwhile focused on reported bugs, all tests in singleplayer, EDEN:

i have played around with the MOD version of the HAS and i get a error every time i try to use transport from base with CUP heli. (CUP_B_CH47F_USA) 

Will be fixed. It's pure script error, not related with any mod, that will sadly occur for 1.5 each time one enters the heli to init HAS task.  And it will break the code, so don't until next HAS update, sorry for inconvenience. 

I did find another problem, if you have multiple helos set up for airlift. Get in one and fly to a destination. Go to another  helo that you have not flown in. Get in, you will get the addactions to transport but they will only effect the first helo you flew in originally.

After fixing 1. tested this (entered one heli, transported somewhere near the base, ran back on foot, entered second heli, it flew where I ordered properly), bug didn't happen, perhaps was caused by 1.

3. CUP helis and supply drop:

- CUP_B_CH53E_USMC

Parachute drop: all OK. 

Slingload: there's mentioned a3\data_f\hook\hook_f.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape error log in RPT, but there was no crash, task was performed just fine.

- CUP_B_MH60L_DAP_2x_USN

Slingload: no errors, no problems, all OK. 

- CUP_B_MH60S_USMC

Ditto. 

Summary: Didn't encountered crash bug. If crash occurs, I would suggest switching to paradrop variant, most likely can't fix nor workaround game crashes at slingload from within scripts, it's rather some model issue. 

4. Started tests of CUP helis.

a) CAS

- AH1Z

Tested in my own test scenario. This heli properly takes firing position and properly engages targets, vehicles with ATGMs, infantry with minigun. 

Here I'm concerned about bad accuracy of minigun fire. Different ballistic properties? I won't set individual trajectory amandement per each type of heli, so unless I find universally working ballistic formula, I plan to try, so the heli will adjust aiming in the smart way dynamically: if previous shot was too short: aiming goes up, if too long: will correct his aim down a bit - kind of bracketing code. That's the plan at least. 

Thanks for the quick response,

Reed

Here is repro

That repro doesn't work with CUP and MELP. Requires something more. "Kimi" something. Dowloaded it and tested. Noticed some issues with AH1Z. Depending on, where exactly I clicked, it behaves like there's no trucks there (although the code collects them all right and they are inside the area), only one truck, or all. In the first case it uses only minigun on clicked pos itself. That's expected behavior, when there's no targets in area. But there are, and that's the mystery. 🙂 So, that's what I will invesitgate next here. BTW noted some issue with using ATGMs at vehicle partially hidden behind the building. Heli shot all left missiles, all hit that building, some smarter targeting needed also here, I guess. 

That's all for today, I'll continue tommorow.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HAS 1.6 wip1

- fixed bug at entering transport heli (and hopefully all later bugs caused by that one);

- manual path planning;

- flight ceiling change values now: +/- 50, +/- 250 (yes, this should work OK with path planning, not tested though). 

Path planning only partially tested, not with radio called helis yet and only in SP (man, that was more complex, than I thought) but that's wip version after all. 

Path planning is optional and possible, after map is opened automatically and you see path drawing instructions displayed on screen. Path navpoints (shift+LMB) should be chosen before final destination (LMB), as LMB ends path planning. If there are already some navpoints, new will be added on the top of them, but inserted before final destination waypoint. When deleted on the fly, heli will resume flight towards final destination. Also heli should RTB along same path, it used, just in reversed order.  All thing still need more testing, it's likely, there are circumstancies, where path planning usage will malfunction somehow. Please, report details of such usage. Note, heli's turning radius is quite huge at usual speed, so take this into account when planning navpoints. It is waypoint based, so heli should follow navpoints with accuracy around 100 meters. 

Next I'll continue path planning tests, and when this part is sorted and working, next stage would be further CAS tests with CUP helis including an attempt to make aiming smarter/adaptative/more accurate regardless of projectile ballistic properties.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick update. 

I was able to do some quick testing, found a couple of things. I first tried the new version in one of my missions, then tested with your demo mission. Getting the same errors.

I tested on hosted MP , so I did not test the path planning as you said it is SP only. If you respawn you will not get actions when you get in a helo, before respawn everything works fine. I added respawn to your demo mission to test this.

Also getting this error

if ((_firstWP select 1) < _currIx) then
{
_gp setCurre>
 8:37:49   Error position: <select 1) < _currIx) then
{
_gp setCurre>
 8:37:49   Error Zero divisor

this error happens when I give the helo a destination (no path planning, just a destination) and also when I respawn. It maybe you meant for this new version to be tested in SP only and in MP it is going to throw errors

Thanks. No, this version is given exactly to be tested, used and abused in any ways I didn't try,  to discover as many problems with it, as possible. Your report will help. Not expected troubles after respawn though, didn't touched anything there recently. Quoted error - well, I was focused so much on testing path planning, I didn't tested without it. 🙂

Hotfixed wip1 file under previous link. This quoted error shouldn't appear any longer. 

Getting the same errors.

Can you remind me these errors?

Did some really quick tests on the hotfix. I have to go into work so will test more when I get a chance.

Tests were done with your demo mission and respawn enabled.

Results:

I am not getting this error anymore

if ((_firstWP select 1) < _currIx) then
{
_gp setCurre>
 8:37:49   Error position: <select 1) < _currIx) then
{
_gp setCurre>
 8:37:49   Error Zero divisor

However,  respawn problem is still present. Everything seems to work fine until you respawn, then you loose addactions in helo. Also, after respawn, if you run far enough out to call helo using support menu. Helo will never respond to call. The support menu comes up but nothing happens with helo. Again before respawn it works fine.

• Like 1

Thanks again. Yes, I see it, after respawn you get no mouse actions back. But you get back 0-8 supports, if used that variant. I have to investigate mouse actions then, other issues after respawn as well, but that's next time. 

Haven’t had a chance to test, but will. 

Was thinking with the addition of the path planning or not. Could you add a way to change the aircraft speed in addition to the elevation you have already added?

setSpeedmode Maybe??

Setting to half will help turning radias and when ai comes into land. Full will help longer stretches from point a to b. 

Thanks for the idea. I'm somewhat reluctant about adding even more user actions, there will be too crowdy IMO, but who knows, maybe I'll be able to apply according speed changes automatically - if pilot closes to the tight turn point, could temporarily slow down on his own, if scriptable easy enough. We'll see. 

25 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

Thanks for the idea. I'm somewhat reluctant about adding even more user actions, there will be too crowdy IMO, but who knows, maybe I'll be able to apply according speed changes automatically - if pilot closes to the tight turn point, could temporarily slow down on his own, if scriptable easy enough. We'll see. 

Awesome, thanks for the consideration.

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

I have a UI that can be used with scripts so you can get rid of the AddActions and have as many options as you want. If you are interested I can send it to you...

Here is a pic:

75645424abfb489cd427d35ec1c66552bf6ae893

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, appreciated. Frankly, I was considering making GUI for HAS myself, but postponed that idea, at least for now. I may think about this again at some later point, when no more pressing "todos" etc. As for this case, IMO seems more realistic, when pilot controls heli's speed on his own. I mean, he is the pilot after all. 🙂

@Rydygier

I have a small question about the Module for HAS, i found this on the steam forum

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/18/810939350816640562/?l=danish

it is about you can sync the module tru trigger to a player, but i can't get it to work with the HAS module but vanilla support modules work fine when i do like in the tread.

HAS_support synchronizeObjectsAdd [Marksman];

/\ ModuleName                                         /\ UnitName

and trigger is setup with 

Spoiler

5dt63a.jpg

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/synchronizeObjectsAdd

can you give me some help on what i do wrong..

Well, this will not work, because module checks for synced units only once, at init, and ignores anything synced later. If you want to use trigger to enable HAS calls at chosen point, do this:

1. Sync units to the module as usual. 

2. in the modules init field (for example, can be any init field in fact) put this code:

HAS_myUnits = [Marksman,AndListOfAnyOtherUnitNamesThatshouldGetHASCallsIfYouWant];nul = [] spawn {waitUntil {time > 0.1};{_x setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",false,true]} foreach HAS_myUnits;};

3. In your trigger, instead of activation code, you have there, paste this:

{_x setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",true,true]} foreach HAS_myUnits;

After that, defined units should get HAS calls, when trigger become activated. Not tested, but should work, I hope. May be one problem in MP, but not sure. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

Well, this will not work, because module checks for synced units only once, at init, and ignores anything synced later. If you want to use trigger to enable HAS calls at chosen point, do this:

1. Sync units to the module as usual. 

2. in the modules init field (for example, can be any init field in fact) put this code:

HAS_myUnits = [Marksman,AndListOfAnyOtherUnitNamesThatshouldGetHASCallsIfYouWant];nul = [] spawn {waitUntil {time > 0.1};{_x setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",false,true]} foreach HAS_myUnits;};

3. In your trigger, instead of activation code, you have there, paste this:

{_x setVariable ["RYD_HAS_canCall",true,true]} foreach HAS_myUnits;

After that, defined units should get HAS calls, when trigger become activated. Not tested, but should work, I hope. May be one problem in MP, but not sure. 

great will give it a try and get back.