Dr_Wrecker

[WIP] The Mech Superiority Project (Code Geass, Gunda, FMP, More)

Notice of Cancelation

At this time I regretfully have to announce the cancellation of this project. The team we had has lost interest and moved onto other projects. Unfortunately at this time I am not skilled enough to make a mod like the one intended. I am sorry to have let everyone down.

The Mech Superiority Project

The mech superiority project is a mod project intended to bring mechs from some of everyones' favorite animes to ArmA. Currently in production we have the Humanoind autonomous Knight, also known by fans of Code Geass as the Knightmare frame. This project has several goals before its completion; first to make functional mechs capable of not only participating in combat, but being a serious tactical weapon. Second is to make an effective and realistic pilot system, this goal comprises of multiple things; effective switching of weapons for mechs, defensive systems (shield usage, interceptors, etc), cockpit design and functionality. Third is to work on maneuverability (Flight, boosting). 4th goal is to have awesome giant mech battles. We intend to use the knightmare frames as a proof of concept before moving onto the much larger Mobile Suits from various Gundam series.

Armaments

To help accomplish the first goal two sets of armaments have been chosen to be both as faithful to the source material, and as effective as possible. The Knightmare is the equipped with a Knightmare Assault Rifle -2 (Name below was a typo). Mounted on top of the missile launcher which holds 4 90mm HEAT rockets, and underneath is a 5.5 machine gun. The slash harkin is a bonus for precise alternate fire, although it's firing will be limited it is a powerful weapon. This weapon system allows the knightmare to fight a variety of enemies effectively. The second sent makes use of an 120 mm cannon capable of taking out even more heavily armored targets from greater distances.

30f674ab1ea40674f66743fe73ecd6df.png

75c1eb321add6b3fb085e031b2746acf.png

4e32bec3b91b24fe3b8266e2e52f8a3e.png

83b19b9ae1df588224273a4b53700d80.png

Current Progress

We have progressed to the configuration phase along with some texturing. We've hit a hiccup in the configs and it is slowing down our progress somewhat but we continue forward. 

52d3b7b1f20c206c5fb056174450f6e7.jpg

7b5ef1a4df053094ddfaa8ee063f7990.png15d731f47c84fbd25c24681a49e92fab.png

ceaca62412a136cc9a1198c6c34bebbe.png

d5227891e4101c495e2b64abb35188b2.png46d1521755eb54e1b080e1a78a571cb1.png

Seeking Help/ or Join us in the fight

We are currently looking for modders interested in being a part of this project to help us complete this project and achieve goals. If interested in helping or joining us in the good fight join us on our discord at: https://discord.gg/YK7wDmQ

Our Mod Team

Zephyrsouza

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

A very interesting project, regarding getting the mechs to walk. You may want to contact the Lost Dragons Mod - 

• Haha 1

Interested to see what comes out of this! But I do got to warn you, mech stuff is probably the hardest to achieve mod you can take on. So expect a lot of head scratching and sleepless nights trying to figure out how different things work/ how you can use the engine wrong to produce walking machines.

Im very glad more people are making mechs. Always interested to see a fresh approach on the challenge. The few mech mods for arma so far have solved the walking part pretty differently. Excited to see how you will attack it. I agree with HorribleGoat, you are in for a ride ^^

Zaku II are planned down the road but the Knightmare was the smallest mech and will let us get the configs down for future projects. 

The current approach is to turn the mech into actual player characters and not as a traditional vehicle/tank.
Upside to this is the vehicle will be able to be driven by custom animations and look correct in terms of movement.

Downside is the mech is now a character so features like ejection wont be easily done, if its even possible.

Yeah walking vehicles are difficult. I've been doing a kind of a hybrid man/tank combinations myself, but for humanoid mechs the character way might be the best approach I think. Ejections and stuff like that can be done, just need to be clever with it.

Now the Knightmare is just trying to see if it works but if it does work do you have any idea of scale that you want to try and get to and what mechs? So far Zaku II and the Knightmare has been mentioned. 

Are they planned to have a new skeleton or will it be using a different method? It would be cool to get some screenshots with them in poses and whatnot.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:32 AM, Sir BadNade said:

Now the Knightmare is just trying to see if it works but if it does work do you have any idea of scale that you want to try and get to and what mechs? So far Zaku II and the Knightmare has been mentioned. 

The scale of the mechs will be true scale, so long as Arma will allow it.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, Sir BadNade said:

Are they planned to have a new skeleton or will it be using a different method? It would be cool to get some screenshots with them in poses and whatnot.

They will have a new skeleton, at the moment we have no poses to show. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, First Sea Lord Kiwi said:

any plans for Zaku's or UC Gundam mobile suits?

Actually right now we're on break from the project due to the team wanting to pursue other projects. At this time I unfortunately cannot confidently confirm any mech besides the sutherland.