CHICKENLICKEN

Do objects and items affect FPS.

So I’m thinking of hand placing hundreds of dead bodies , various loot , blood pools and extra environmental items into houses and streets on my mission. However will this badly affect FPS? I know I can make some objects dead in it’s atteibutes .

is there a way to cache them so they don’t load til you are near ?

also Eden interiors doesn’t seem to work on chernarus redux . I’m assuming it doesn’t use the right buildings.

whats. Disappointing is the tower blocks are so empty they are worthles.

I basically place the dead bodies above a blood pool and set health to zero 

1 hour ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

So I’m thinking of hand placing hundreds of dead bodies , various loot , blood pools and extra environmental items into houses and streets on my mission. However will this badly affect FPS?

If they are simulated, then yes, of course.

1 hour ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

is there a way to cache them so they don’t load til you are near ?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dynamic_Simulation

Even in an empty map, native buildings can impact FPS. Do the test to scout 360° at entry of the town. No need to add any objects. Of course, with an empty map, FPS stay at a very decent rate.

Each time you can use simple objects, do it. Verify if this option is available in edited attributes. If not, you can disable simulation for some decorative non-interactive objects.

Spawn active units/vehicles at the right time in your scenario.

8 hours ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

hundreds of dead bodies , various loot , blood pools and extra environmental items into houses and streets

Doing so, you will add an insuperable charge to your CPU an just have an unplayable mission.

That's why BI is using module to cleanup the battlefield from dead units and destroyed vehicles.

Due to the way RV Engine manage destroyed buildings, each time a building is fully destroyed an extra load is added to CPU charge and FPS goes down accordingly.

I know because, I have done -in the fast-  that kind of experiences on very small terrains built on purpose.

All I have get is 1FPS MP scenarios ...

You can probably use a scripted system in order to spawn dead bodies in immediate player surrounding and manage a controlled disappearance on the fly in a SP scenario but I don't know how to achieve this smoothly  :down:

In my own mission, I still use a limited amount of persistent dead bodies [never over 20] , knowing that doing so I must be more strict on battlefield cleaning rules.

Edited by oldbear
I am not really a bear, but feeling old sometimes
  • Like 1

And it depends on how close all of those objects are to the player. Having many objects in-game in various however locations is much much better than placing them all in one place. So maybe you can change your story mission a bit and have hundreds of victims separated in a number of places?

It is an Arma 3 editing errr.. lets say challenge. It does not matter how you want a mission to be. You think of a story mission and then you change it so as for the game's engine to be able to handle it. At least that is what we do.

6 hours ago, Tuenhisushi said:

Everything can change because you can win today, but at some point you may be one of the hundred people lying there?

Confucius?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Confucius?

Either professional fortune cookie writer or google translate doing its finest.

Cheers

• Haha 3

... or a spam bot :exclamation:

@ JohnKalo : the main question is, why having all those corpses all over the map?

In MP, there is probably no solution due to the amount of IA being managed by the server.

If it's to do a Post-Apocalyptic video, it must be done as a video, step by step, location by location with a lot of editing.

thanks for input.

I don't wan t too many. its post apocalyptic map on chernarus redux, and time is running out to evac before Russian government drops Nukes to eliminate zombies.

So idea is there are a few bodies strewn across.

Such as when looting a house, it's more immersive to maybe find a dead body clutching his weapon  who died of starvation/ axe in the head by scaveneger

With the horro mod you can put axe in the head

For example I have a house at beginning with 3 bodies and a psychopath inside who killed them. one has an exe in the head, the other headless. there is a bathtub of blood, arms and legs etc.