Irradiated Bec

"Arma 3 Launcher is unable to start due to corruption in a configuration system."

Arma 3 Launcher Emergency Log
=============================
Arma 3 Launcher is unable to start due to corruption in a configuration system.
http://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting
http://feedback.arma3.com/

-----------------------------
System information
Date:               2018-12-09 13:17:58 / 2018-12-09 13:17:58 +00
Current dir:        J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3
Command line:       "J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe"
Version:            1.5.145.268
CLR version:        4.0.30319.42000
OS Version:         Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0
OS 64bit:           True
Process 64bit:      False
Personal dir:       C:\Users\Alan\Documents
Local App Data dir: C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local
Culture:            en-GB
UI Culture:         en-GB

Errors

Trace
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at System.Configuration.ExceptionUtil.WrapAsConfigException(String outerMessage, Exception e, String filename, Int32 line)
   at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.Init(IInternalConfigRoot configRoot, BaseConfigurationRecord parent, String configPath, String locationSubPath)
   at System.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationRecord.Create(InternalConfigRoot configRoot, IInternalConfigRecord parent, String configPath)
   at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.GetConfigRecord(String configPath)
   at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I've verified the game cache using Steam, I've deleted and reinstalled my files using Steam, I've manually deleted the files and reinstalled them through Steam, I've had a friend send me their functioning files and replaced the local appdata files with them, I've updated my drivers, I've downgraded my drivers. I really don't know what to do to fix this. I just wanna commit war crimes in Antistasi dammit.

As an option:

C:\Users\Name Users\Documents

Save the files and folders Arma3 in a different place, remove them from the documents. Start the game, at the start, new game files will appear in the documents.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:02 PM, lex__1 said:

As an option:

C:\Users\Name Users\Documents

Save the files and folders Arma3 in a different place, remove them from the documents. Start the game, at the start, new game files will appear in the documents.

Still crashed when I opened the launcher.

It should be noted this is a problem with the launcher and not the game; if I enter the Steam file location, I can open Arma 3 just fine through its .exe, but this doesn't load any mods which is an immediate issue.

17 hours ago, Irradiated Bec said:

Still crashed when I opened the launcher.

It should be noted this is a problem with the launcher and not the game; if I enter the Steam file location, I can open Arma 3 just fine through its .exe, but this doesn't load any mods which is an immediate issue.

You wrote that you had an incorrect start of arma3launcher.exe - delete it and check files in Steam, Steam will load it.
Mods can be connected in the shortcut to the game - create a shortcut Arma3.exe on the desktop.
Add a line to Mods, to the launch shortcut Arma3.exe (open the properties of the shortcut), thus, for example, the space after the quotes and a similar line:
-mod = @ CBA_A3; @RHSAFRF; @RHSGREF; @RHSSAF; @RHSUSAF;

mRgNoG0.jpg

6 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Mods can be connected in the shortcut to the game - create a shortcut Arma3.exe on the desktop.
Add a line to Mods, to the launch shortcut Arma3.exe (open the properties of the shortcut), thus, for example, the space after the quotes and a similar line:

(or use something like arma 3 sync)

On 12/18/2018 at 1:04 PM, lex__1 said:

You wrote that you had an incorrect start of arma3launcher.exe - delete it and check files in Steam, Steam will load it.
-mod = @ CBA_A3; @RHSAFRF; @RHSGREF; @RHSSAF; @RHSUSAF;

mRgNoG0.jpg

This is a fine solution but there is an upper limit to how many mods you can load with this, and I want to play Antistasi with my friends who have a fair few mods. I have, however, possibly figured out the cause of my launcher not working. For some reason, system.xml files for games and programs on my computer don't play nice. As such this means it's no longer an Arma 3 issue but a PC issue.

4 hours ago, Irradiated Bec said:

This is a fine solution but there is an upper limit to how many mods you can load with this, and I want to play Antistasi with my friends who have a fair few mods. I have, however, possibly figured out the cause of my launcher not working. For some reason, system.xml files for games and programs on my computer don't play nice. As such this means it's no longer an Arma 3 issue but a PC issue.

This method does not limit the number of Mods. The recording window is short, but you can put a long line there.