Gunter Severloh

[Suggestion] Show only missions for the map you opened in the editor

Hey guys,

something been bothering me for some time with the editor, so i created a new task on the Arma3 feedback tracker (Phabricator)

Feedback Ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T134894

Below is my exact post from the ticket:

New feature/function editor adjustment
When i start the editor, and choose a map to edit on, the list on the left should only show those missions for the map i am on.
Why is all the missions i created showing for all other maps when i opened a specific map?
This forces you to search and then search again, opening a map in the map list, and then looking for your mission
in this new list of missions for all maps when your on a specific map.

Important points:

• Expand the open mission box so all map and mission names can be read.
  • Have a box you can tick in the open missions box to allow you to see only missions for that map when you get to that map in the editor, if left unticked then default, ticked box will stay ticked until you untick it.

So if you wanted to go to another map say from Altis to edit, transfer, copy what have you, then untick the map box, and all the maps/missions list will show.

Overall idea
So the idea overall is to when you click on editor on the

main menu of the game ----> choose map -----> missions created (if any) are only seen in the list just for that map,

until you untick the missions list option to go to another map or open another mission.

Video
Here is a video of something i have done to take the search out of looking

for missions for a specific map:

Anyone know of another idea around the default way of see your missions for the map apon entering that map?

other then what i did in the video which btw isn't new, already has a built in function for that.

• Like 2

it might be possible to filter the list via scripting for the current terrain (worldName) - depends though how the engine does its own filtering

• Like 1

Thats an interesting thought kju, if anyone is interested in writing it, i would assume it would have to run as an addon correct?

yep. CBA people might be able to do it