can anyone explain the weapon blueprints and how to get them i have several weapons ive unlocked but i cant pay the scrap to build them am i missing something?? i can only build the original 3 i had the grease gun blueprint but that disappeared

Blueprints need to be looted from crates. When u have one you can craft the gun and ammo for a cost of materials - Weapon parts (icon with a spring) Can be looted from the maps and crafted into weapons Each weapon require a set number of parts to craft.
Hope this helped. :)

• Thanks 1

I am still confused about the blueprints. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do in order to keep the blueprint in the inventory so I can just use scrap for it. Now people say you have to break down weapons and consumables in order to get the blueprint but that seems to be false as well. now I know u search for them in crates and such but is the honestly the only way? it seemed like the older version had a better idea by allowing us to keep the blueprint instead of having to search for them over and over thanks

On 4/1/2019 at 5:36 AM, TheJesterofTortuga said:

is the honestly the only way

Yes, it is the only way indeed. In the previous versions of the game, it was possible to deconstruct weapons to get a blueprint but we changed this system so now they can be only found in the airdrop. 

Sorry I have a question on a similar topic about the airdrop well u be removing duplicate airdrops because I feel like it's a waste of my crowns to spend when all grades of the airdrop have duplicate airdrops 

Hey Eddie!  You can get blue prints out of any crate!  If you look at possible things you get out of the crate it’ll show you what plan it is! For instance i have the ability to get the m16 plan from my blue crate.  I just need to be lucky enough to get it!  I hope this helps! 

I understand that blueprints should be extra hard to get your hands on. But I've looked in the expected loot from crates section, and there is only one weapon blueprint across them all. As the latest update isn't working I can't confirm, but it is in an extremely rare crate that would cost a lot of crowns to boost in an encounter, with no guarantee of actually getting it.

Why not offer crates for certain levels of food donations and provide more in the challenges. This would encourage outlanders to continue to improve their shelter even after reaching level 13, and take more chances/be more aggressive in/and play more encounters.

I must have the worst luck ever in this game as me and my partner spent crowns to get blue crates he almost got a blueprint in each set and I went through six sets of blue crates to get my first one that's 810 crowns for a single blueprint no we didn't die likely but seems a bit extreme

I rest my case. Thanks for the feedback JollyColt.

• Haha 1

As we're back up and running I just checked, and the only available blueprint I can get currently, is in a special issue crate! And it's for a weapon I've never used and don't want!

Fairpoint. Now that scenario is annoying!

I think it'd be nice if you could get blueprint fragments from deconstructing guns, like 10+ deconstructs could get you a full blue print.  That way you can get them somehow other than crates but it'll still take alot of luck and time.

Thats what it used to be bro I like this system more just not that u have to use crowns as much

I kind of like how the plans are set up.  no matter how much you play you wont get all the blueprints crazy fast.  even the top streams like ohdee don't have all the plans. you don't want an ace shot like him running around with an AUR lol.  it take a grind to get the guns.  i finally just got the M16 plan from a blue crate.  It took a while, but if you're patient it works.  I didn't use any crowns on it either. if you wait for other people to do it then your set.  I recommend buying insurance if in a plan getting situation though.  it will NOT save your crate if you die, but it will allow you to be aggressive at getting the crate with smaller losses.  This maybe an unpopular opinion, but I like the facts not everyone has all the plans. Yet.

Hi Silver, nothing wrong with your opinion or your tactics re insurance. Everyone develops their own tactics to suit their playing style. For me the more variations in tactics the better the overall experience. I actually didn't consider the value of insurance in the scenario you mentioned. Well worth considering if you down to your last 3 crate items and one is a plan you want.

And I agree, they all come around eventually.

• Like 1

i find it helps me 🙂 when i need a crate, and go after it I usually take a rare level weapon. the insurance really helps me. maybe even more as a frame of mind than anything else.  I don't know about you Old, but when I'm up against a wall I usually shoot arround the person. 🤣

Hi Silver, I tend to avoid PvP unless it's 70/30 in my favour. If ambushed I try to get away unless I have eyes on. Then a quick risk assessment. For example, how much loot can I lose, what my best chance of taking the attacker out, how close am I to an exit etc. Again if it doesn't give me the 70/30 feeling then I'm off.

that's a great way of doing it to.  i tend to follow that.  I also distance myself from anything sounding like an AUR haha