Michele

Between The Lines cutscenes problem

I can't see the cutscenes. The error is that addon "objects" is missing.

I tried installing Kegetys Editor Addon 1.11 and the error changes in "editorupdate102" missing.

I can read the briefing and play the mission without problems.

I found on the internet some .pbo about objects (objects1, objects2, objects4 ) and also objects.pbo that seems to be the missing one but nothing happened.

Maybe Between the Lines is too old for OFP 1.96 ?

Is not there anyone who played it?

Michele, I'm not familiar with the mission you've mentioned but you can use Mikero's Editor Upgrade 102 (aka Editor103) to avoid this kind of conflicts.

Download from here.

If you still get an error message, decrypt the pbo, edit the mission.sqm file and delete objects1, objects2, objects4 from the "addon" section, at the beginning of the file.

Let me know if this helps!

11 hours ago, l.k. said:

If you still get an error message, decrypt the pbo, edit the mission.sqm file and delete objects1, objects2, objects4 from the "addon" section, at the beginning of the file.

I tried the Editor103 but nothing changed. For your information the installation program of the campaign puts the EditorUpgrade101 in the AddOn folder.

Anyway I decrypted the .pbo but there is no clue of "objects" in the mission.sqm. I used the Find function of Notepad.

Maybe I should put the campaign .pbo in the Res/Campaigns folder ? I will try also reinstalling OFP and patching it until 1.30 (the last patch of 2001?)

Thanks anyway!! :)

10 hours ago, zulu1 said:

Apparently this is not a user made campaign, but a commercial release from a 3rd party company. https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005QKGX

I can not find this in my file archive, so I can not help.

As some one who played OFP for hundreds/thousands of hours, I've never seen that before. Looks quite interesting.

I hadn't realized that it was on sale on Amazon! :exclamation:
This reminds me of "Planet of War", another mission pack (illegally) put on sale which later received bad reviews.

Anyway, back to your problem, Michele: would you mind to load a copy of the mission.sqm file Mediafire (or similar file-sharing platform) and share the link so I could look into that?

16 hours ago, l.k. said:

This reminds me of "Planet of War"

They did a third product called "The Last Enemy". I recently bought "Between the Lines" because I heard of it back in 2001 and also I saw it on the shelf of the local store.

It comes with a multilanguage manual and three campaigns.

I will load the file this evening.

17 hours ago, l.k. said:

Anyway, back to your problem, Michele: would you mind to load a copy of the mission.sqm file Mediafire (or similar file-sharing platform) and share the link so I could look into that?

The first campaign folder is called BTL1, inside it there is the "Missions" folder and also a MISSION.SQM file. I'm loading the MISSION.SQM of the first mission anyway.

https://www.4shared.com/file/v-yflpOpda/MISSION.html

If you need more files I will load them.

Since this refers to the pre-Resistance campaign, using pre-Resistance addons, the root of the problem may be lack of RequiredAddons=[] dependancy in config. For some reason, after releasing Resistance, it was quite common to encounter false missing addon errors (especially when playing pre-Resistance stuff), and to counter that BIS added addon dependancy in config (and IIRC addon preloading). I know it happened to me a lot when using some ancient stuff (like first Kegetys' addons).

Another bad practice of the time was introducing several CfgPatches sections in one config/pbo - after Resistance addonmakers abandoned this habit.

On 5.01.2019 at 1:15 PM, R0adki11 said:

As some one who played OFP for hundreds/thousands of hours, I've never seen that before.

Somebody haven't read the FAQ:wink: (Avon Lady's description makes XMP campaign look less than interesting though...)

• Like 1

My experience with making missions and quirky addons taught me two things about missions complaining about missing addons.

1. If it says missing addons and you find it listed in the addons section of the mission.sqm, then remove the entry.

2. If it says missing addons and it is not listed in the addons section of the mission.sqm, then add it.

btw...keep in mind the entries are classnames and not the name of the pbo file.

16 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Somebody haven't read the FAQ:wink: (Avon Lady's description makes XMP campaign look less than interesting though...)

Oh i certainly have the read the FAQ, i've been playing BI Games since the OFP Demo. Probably read it back 15 or so years ago :whistle:

21 hours ago, zulu1 said:

2. If it says missing addons and it is not listed in the addons section of the mission.sqm, then add it.

Do I have to add "objects" in Class Mission, Intro, OutroWin and OutroLoose ?

Here is an extract of the mission.sqm :

version=11.000000;
class Mission
{
    addOns[]={};
    randomSeed=13902339.000000;
    class Intel
    {
                briefingName="$STRNG_1";
        month=4.000000;
        day=8.000000;
        hour=23.000000;
        minute=55.000000;
    };
    class Groups (ETC...................)

Modified shouls be like this ?

version=11.000000;
class Mission
{
    addOns[]={"objects"};

or like this ?

version=11.000000;
class Mission
{
    addOns[]=

{

"objects"

};

2 hours ago, Michele said:

Do I have to add "objects" in Class Mission, Intro, OutroWin and OutroLoose ?

Here is an extract of the mission.sqm :

version=11.000000;
class Mission
{
    addOns[]={};
    randomSeed=13902339.000000;
    class Intel
    {
                briefingName="$STRNG_1";
        month=4.000000;
        day=8.000000;
        hour=23.000000;
        minute=55.000000;
    };
    class Groups (ETC...................)

Modified shouls be like this ?

version=11.000000;
class Mission
{
    addOns[]={"objects"};  

or like this ?

version=11.000000;
class Mission
{
    addOns[]=

{

"objects" Yes

};

Both entries are essentially the same. You may notice that all sections begin with { and end with };

The second is more typically what you see.

addOns[]={"objects"};  

addOns[]=

{

"objects"

};

So, I've looked into this and I confirm what krzychuzokecia said.

You need to add the addonsAuto section as well to the mission.sqm, otherwise you'll get the error message, regardless of the fact that you have the addon or not.

Once you make sure that the latest editor upgrade is in your addon folder, modify your mission.sqm file so that it looks like this:

class Intro
{
	addOns[]=
	{
		"editorupdate102"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"editorupdate102"
	};

[...]

Of course do the same at the beginning of the file for class Mission as well.

version=11.000000;
class Mission
{
	addOns[]=
	{
		"editorupdate102"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"editorupdate102"
	};

[...]

I'm afraid, however, that you'll need to edit every mssion.sqm file in order for this trick to work.

If I find a better solution, I'll post it here.

19 hours ago, l.k. said:

Once you make sure that the latest editor upgrade is in your addon folder, modify your mission.sqm file so that it looks like this:

class Intro
{
	addOns[]=
	{
		"editorupdate102"
	};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{
		"editorupdate102"
	};

[...]

So I need to download Kegetys editor upgrade (102) and write it as you wrote above. and what about adding "objects" ?

Because I tried adding "objects" in the mission.sqm of the first mission (as suggested by zulu1) and now I can see a cutscene never seen before but I think something is still missing, 

because at the very start of the mission I still get the error.

Anyway thank you all for the support!