Hud Dorph

update 1.86 verify signatures

I can honestly say I am loving the update thus far, still diving into all the updated features. Thank you BI dev's for all your hard work. 

• Like 3

As this thread is getting quite toxic, i would like everyone to remember we have forum rules for a reason. Please follow them, otherwise members may find they have to spend an enforced vacation from the forums.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, ZN Anhor said:

Oh nice ....... what is with A3XAI? Enigma Exile Revive? Advanced Rappeling? Now all players must download this now client side?

This could not be the solution .........

Enigma revive can be run as a server addon in ExileServer addon folder same with A3XAI and the Rappel mods. I have all them all running on my box now.

G'day, just jumping in to report that our dedicated server has zero issues with joining when V2 signatures are enabled.  We run a whole bunch of mods and I was able to join straight away.

@@Imperator[TFD] do you run any Sever side mods? Do you allow optional mods? 

I think the problem is more centric to Server side mods and optional mods that are added by only adding Keys. 

This doesn't mean that what works for one server works for all.

I have a Warfare/BECTI server that runs fine, however our Exile servers have mods similar to what @CabooseMinusOne is talking about. There's server side only mods that run and are only needed by server and at times are not part of Workshop as they are small "mini" mods with special functions etc.

This creates quite a juxtaposition you could say.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NutzMcKracken said:

@@Imperator[TFD] do you run any Sever side mods? Do you allow optional mods? 

I think the problem is more centric to Server side mods and optional mods that are added by only adding Keys. 

This doesn't mean that what works for one server works for all.

I have a Warfare/BECTI server that runs fine, however our Exile servers have mods similar to what @CabooseMinusOne is talking about. There's server side only mods that run and are only needed by server and at times are not part of Workshop as they are small "mini" mods with special functions etc.

This creates quite a juxtaposition you could say.

Our modset and keys etc are pretty strictly controlled so there are no client-side mods allowed.

We are running only 1 server only mod that I recall.

A few of our guys are reporting issues.

I'm also having the dedicated server crash whenever I #missions as the logged in admin.  It's spitting out a missing param for the revive system.

Also at the risk that I make myself unpopular again and will be excluded from the discussion again ............. the update and the associated error is now online for 19 hours, until when can we expect a solution?

I find interesting the fact that the not insignificant error so far by BI on all public channels (Twitter, Steam, arma3.com) is kept silent.

Only the full-bodied announcement of the 1.86 milestone can be read.

Very bad problem management .........

It would be especially for server operators a relief if they do not constantly explain to their players that not the server but BI is to blame for the current situation.

• Like 1

Thread cleaned up, off topic posts removed. As stated earlier we have forum rules for a reason.

• Like 4

Please try out the hotfix available @ rc_limited branch with beta access code LimitedRCBranch186 and report if the issues you were experiencing are now gone and it behaves the same as it behaved in 1.84.
(cache not released, multiple instances hanging, people unable to connect, server side mods not working....)

steamCMD

-beta rc_limited -betapassword LimitedRCBranch186

Verify in RPT that you're running the correct version (1.86.145242). The hotfix build may look compatible with the current stable one, but it's not.

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.86.145242

You can also join the Discord #Troubleshooting or #server_admins threads for immediate comms.

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, oukej said:

Please try out the hotfix available @ rc_limited branch with beta access code LimitedRCBranch186 and report if the issues you were experiencing are now gone and it behaves the same as it behaved in 1.84.
(cache not released, multiple instances hanging, people unable to connect, server side mods not working....)

steamCMD

You can also join the Discord #Troubleshooting or #server_admins threads for immediate comms.

Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately the hot-fix does not work for 

verifySignatures   					= 2;

The launcher will show all the mods and the server as red, and additionally if you join anyway even though the mod keys are included in the keys folder you cannot connect, even with just the mods in the server line -mods loaded you still cannot connect, the server asks you to remove the mods, even though the mods are required for the loaded mission file.  Sorry, was worth a try though.

Edit; 

verifySignatures =1; 

Also does not work, (signature mismatch)

Edited by Ry4nD
second try

2 minutes ago, Ry4nD said:

Unfortunately the hot-fix does not work for 

verifySignatures   					= 2;

The launcher will show all the mods and the server as red, and additionally if you join anyway even though the mod keys are included in the keys folder you cannot connect, even with just the mods in the server line -mods loaded you still cannot connect, the server asks you to remove the mods, even though the mods are required for the loaded mission file.  Sorry, was worth a try though.

have you updated with the rc_limited both server and client?

• Like 1

Yes, can confirm only the mods loaded as required by the mission in the serverside -mods@cba;@othermods 

signed keys in the keys folder, 

both client and server running LimitedRCBranch186

client only running mods required by server launch parameters. 

Server hangs, while the user can only hear water, black screen, user has joined, hangs on mission loaded from bank 

verifySignatures = 2;

Edited by Ry4nD

Can you please share the mod list you are using?

100%

-mod=@CBA_A3;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Terrains_Maps;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Weapons;@RHSUSAF;@task_force_radio

Same here, sry.

-mod=@CBA_A3;@Exile;@EBM;@ES;@EM;@prei;@Unsung

My Hoster provide us now a rollback to 1.84 .......... this is what we do till the problem is solved.

Ok I can confirm the hotfix now works with verify=2 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wait one or two days ....... should others check it first.

4 hours ago, ZN Anhor said:

I wait one or two days ....... should others check it first.

Why not check on your own server? The more feedback BI get, the quicker this issue can be resolved.

• Like 3

Well armahosts are telling us that our server error "waiting for a different process to release the cache lock" is as a result of the update, so we can even test the hotfix.. anyone else having this issue?

On 12/4/2018 at 5:06 PM, oukej said:

steamCMD

Verify in RPT that you're running the correct version (1.86.145242). The hotfix build may look compatible with the current stable one, but it's not.

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.86.145242

Thanks a lot!

Updated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How far is a official hotfix ATM? A solution for the majority of players ......... just a question.

14 minutes ago, ZN Anhor said:

How far is a official hotfix ATM? A solution for the majority of players ......... just a question.

From some of the feedback i saw on the Arma3 discord that the release client hotfix issued yesterday has resolved the issues. So hopefully we will see a release today. But only @oukejwill know that answer.

The hotfix has been released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, oukej said:

The hotfix has been released.

Thanks for all your hard work in resolving the issue :rthumb:

• Like 1

Thanks, I've found it by now. Everything is working with 1.88! Tested by myself, thx!