Hey Everyone,

I'm having issues with 2 out of 7 identical triggers. I have made several bases each have their own trigger responisble for completing the task and changing some map markers and flags. Most of them seem to work but 2 of them will only fire once i complete a different objective after supposedly completing the faulty one. I have checked all the conditions of the trigger and where its synced to etc but i cant find any typo's or mistakes. Does anyone know if this is a known issue for having too much triggers?

Faulty trigger example:

Condition :

{alive _x} count units enka1 == 0 && {alive _x} count units enka2 == 0;

On Activation :

"KaminoMarkerRed" setMarkerAlpha 0; "KaminoMarkerBlue" setMarkerAlpha 1; KaminoFlag setFlagTexture "\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_nato_CO.paa"; KaminoBanner setObjectTexture [0,"\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_nato_CO.paa"];

Thanks in advance!

*Edit :  I got it working now just by changing one group's name to enka3 instead of enka2.

Edited by thesuperkuif
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thesuperkuif said:

Hey Everyone,

I'm having issues with 2 out of 7 identical triggers. I have made several bases each have their own trigger responisble for completing the task and changing some map markers and flags. Most of them seem to work but 2 of them will only fire once i complete a different objective after supposedly completing the faulty one.

Faulty trigger example:

Condition :

{alive _x} count units enka1 == 0 && {alive _x} count units enka2 == 0;

On Activation :

"KaminoMarkerRed" setMarkerAlpha 0; "KaminoMarkerBlue" setMarkerAlpha 1; KaminoFlag setFlagTexture "\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_nato_CO.paa"; KaminoBanner setObjectTexture [0,"\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_nato_CO.paa"];

No, you can have 50+ triggers if you want.

Difficult to help you without your scenario. Working codes are.... working.

Verify you don't delete group when no more units. No other clue so far.

5 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

No, you can have 50+ triggers if you want.

Difficult to help you without your scenario. Working codes are.... working.

Verify you don't delete group when no more units. No other clue so far.

Hey Pierremgi,

The groups are all there, the script should just be working. And like i said it does work but only when i complete a different objective after seizing the faulty one. Almost as if it needed a reminder to update or something. The strange this is is that it should just work like the rest of those simular triggers but somehow it doesnt :(

Thanks for the quick reply

I have had enough problems with triggers that I stopped using them. I was getting nonsensical results, especially with the not present bits. Once, I had an OPFOR man that was 2000m outside the trigger, when I killed him, it fired.

11 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

I have had enough problems with triggers that I stopped using them. I was getting nonsensical results, especially with the not present bits. Once, I had an OPFOR man that was 2000m outside the trigger, when I killed him, it fired.

I'm begining to think the same thing as well. I have made a different arma 3 scenerio before and after a while i added a trigger wich seemed to be doing random things. The thing is just that i'm not yet good enough to know how to replace those triggers.

51 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

It's a point I don't share at all. Triggers are useful:

"You" (not you in particular) can visualize an easy working area or even volume! and scan every 0.5 sec for conditions. You have pre-defined conditions, working fine if you take attention, and magic variables this, thisTrigger, thisList. You can write any condition you want in condition field as far as you return a boolean. "On deact" field is useful once you understand there is no thisList here and your trigger must be repeatable.

Few rules for a max easy code.

You need to test something, without creating an init.sqf or initServer.sqf ? just add a cond. true trigger (server only or not)...

Imho, and after many hours of editing, I'm sure problems with triggers is due to bad usage of the writer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

"You" (not you in particular) can visualize an easy working area or even volume! and scan every 0.5 sec for conditions. You have pre-defined conditions, working fine if you take attention, and magic variables this, thisTrigger, thisList. You can write any condition you want in condition field as far as you return a boolean. "On deact" field is useful once you understand there is no thisList here and your trigger must be repeatable.

You need to test something, without creating an init.sqf or initServer.sqf, just add a cond. true trigger (server only or not)...

Imho, and after many hours of editing, I'm sure problems with triggers is due to bad usage of the writer.

Yeah dont get me wrong here, I love triggers because they are so easy to use. But anyway i got it working now just by changing the group name to enka3 instead of enka2 and ofcourse change it in the trigger too. I just find it strange why i need to do this to make it work while with my other triggers it worked the first time.

Anyway thanks for the help!

11 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

You need to test something, without creating an init.sqf or initServer.sqf ? just add a cond. true trigger (server only or not)...

It's just one of the many things we choose to respectfully disagree on, mate :)