Kalle M.

ArmA II Campaign "Operation Nightingale"

overview.png

Hi folks!

This is my official release of "Operation Nightingale", a singleplayer campaign set in Chernarus 2008.

* Features 13 missions including the prologue.

* Combined Operations and ACR/BAF/PMC lite or full are required.

Editing and/or releasing my work without my personal authorization is prohibited.

Redux version 1.01

* Changed waypoint combat modes from RED to YELLOW to make AI units stay and advance in formation. No stragglers.

Download via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13eTJKwcn8DT9qn9FLIxXX0Z_m2ZwjBNm/view?usp=share_link

This campaign does not represent my current mission editing skills as it was developed about 4 years ago and lots of shit has changed since then. However, I have reworked the campaign but I kept most of the concept as original. My editing methods have changed alot since I first started working on this.

Enjoy!

Kalle

Edited by Kalle M.
Update 1.01
  • Like 4

There's been some mistakes in mission 1.

Some of the triggers have incorrect path for scripts. I will play the mission through and upload the updated version soon.

Thanks.

In the 1st mission, there' s an inside script not found and I'm stuck at the castle. I think there's a trigger which is not activated. I had to use the "end mission" cheat otherwise the mission wouldn't finish

• Like 1

On 16.12.2018 at 10:59 PM, nettrucker said:

In the 1st mission, there' s an inside script not found and I'm stuck at the castle. I think there's a trigger which is not activated. I had to use the "end mission" cheat otherwise the mission wouldn't finish

Thanks, I'll check it out. Did you play the newer version or the one I first uploaded?

Hello Kalle

No, I did play the first version 1.0, but I only proceeded through mission 3 and I liked it so far. Unfortunately, RL issues prevented me to go on for the time being but I will catch up hopefully.

Cheers

On 20.12.2018 at 8:32 PM, nettrucker said:

Hello Kalle

No, I did play the first version 1.0, but I only proceeded through mission 3 and I liked it so far. Unfortunately, RL issues prevented me to go on for the time being but I will catch up hopefully.

Cheers

Thanks, I think the problem is in the first mission. I noticed the same before fixing the first mission. Glad you have enjoyed:D

Hello Kalle and anyone who can help with this mission.

When attempting the insertion HALO mission I exit C-130 and there's a split second view of my parachute rigging which then disappears. When I think I'm at a safe height and toggle open parachute nothing happens. That is, no chute opening, but my characters head lolls forward and arms go limp. Then I hit the ground and die.

Could anyone shine a light on my problem please.

Many thanks B9

On 3/29/2019 at 12:40 AM, b9gamer said:

Hello Kalle and anyone who can help with this mission.

When attempting the insertion HALO mission I exit C-130 and there's a split second view of my parachute rigging which then disappears. When I think I'm at a safe height and toggle open parachute nothing happens. That is, no chute opening, but my characters head lolls forward and arms go limp. Then I hit the ground and die.

Could anyone shine a light on my problem please.

Many thanks B9

Hi! Thanks for informing about your problem. I'm going to test it and see if there's anything I can do about it. I also noticed that my campaign has some mistakes here and there, I will probably soon update the campaign.

The HALO script is made by BIS so I believe it should work, it worked last time when I played it. I'll check it just in case!

Kalle.

Many thanks for the reply Kalle - can't wait ti try it.

BTW, it might be that I'm missing something?

Lots of progress has been made on improving the missions to higher standards. I am currently enjoying Christmas holiday but will continue to work on this when I return home.

Cheers

• Like 1

perfect, keep working! :yay: Do you have a link to download the latest version you have running?

Cheers :rthumb:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dalber24 said:

perfect, keep working! :yay: Do you have a link to download the latest version you have running?

I'll update the post when it's ready for release.

On 12/27/2022 at 10:36 PM, dalber24 said:

Hello there. First 8 missions are now available to be tested. The prologue and a smaller briefing mission are also included.

Please provide feedback and criticism if possible.

8 hours ago, Kalle M. said:

Hello there. First 8 missions are now available to be tested. The prologue and a smaller briefing mission are also included.

Nice!!! :yay::shoot:

8 hours ago, Kalle M. said:

Please provide feedback and criticism if possible. 

sure, no problem. :slayer:

Cheers

• Like 1

hi @Kalle M. some feedback

Prologue, it would be nice to add an altitude meter, for situational awareness, since you can't see anything. 2 things can happen: you open the parachute too soon and you miss the insertion point, then you notice that you are there but too high and you try to make circles to fall as close as possible, or you open it too late so that it is not an endless fall and you are very far from the point, the measure would help a lot.

In the prologue, when meeting with the Napa contact, at the end of the conversation he tells you to go to the castle... so I ran towards the castle, I didn't understand that I had to follow the AI, I thought that the AI just ran away anywhere, I never followed the contact, I thought I had to run, when I heard that the AI gave the order to get in the vehicle, I went back to look for the door, it would be good to add to the dialogue something like... follow me, I have a vehicle or whatever.

after the first fight before the castle, the ai remains prone to the ground as if it were in combat, and is not injured, it stops a few steps ago and returns to prone ground until it reaches the castle, which obviously takes forever, once who arrives at the castle stops and runs away.

Hell on Earth mission, it would be nice to be able to take control of the unit with the RPG, sometimes the AI is a bit stubborn and it gets tedious trying to force it to do its job, anyway then you find a dead guy with an rpg.

Show Time mission, First try... the mission starts with low FPS "30" as if there was a script hanging, I eliminate the troops and the artillery, I go to the meeting point when I arrive automatically go to the next objective "clear ot power plant" which immediately appears in green as completed, meanwhile if you wait the reconnaissance team never arrives, you go to the power plant to see what happened and when you go there the FPS go up to 60, you arrive and find all the enemies dead including BAF troops, continue to the next objective, you arrive and they are also all dead, apparently the BAF vehicles and troops have eliminated practically everything, with the exception of those inside the building that I eliminated, the mission never happens For finished, look for more enemies, I did not find anything alive other than two shilkas shooting at a hangar, I destroyed the 2 but the mission was not finished either.

Second attempt, I eliminate the troops and artillery, I go to the meeting point, they are waiting for me there, we head towards the next objective, when they arrive they are all dead, I still did not mark it as finished, so I start looking for a living soldier in it area, I don't see him in time and he shoots at me, I notice that I'm hurt, they send someone to treat me but he never arrives and I die.

Third attempt at 6:30 after the start of the mission, I eliminate the troops and artillery, I go to the meeting point again, they are waiting for me, on the way we meet enemies and we enter into combat, we eliminate them, we continue on our way to the Power Plant, We couldn't get there, other troops finished with everything and marked that objective as completed, we began to run towards the final objective, immediately afterwards the mission was finished, the AI also eliminated that objective.

Finish the mission I click to continue and a sign appears with the message "Error in campaign structure" and the game closes.

ERRORS From RPT

Spoiler

File Campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.Chernarus\scripts\faat.sqf, line 37
Error in expression < then {
{_gun disableAI "_x";} foreach [move,target,autotarget,anim];
_gun setCo>
  Error position: <move,target,autotarget,anim];
_gun setCo>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: move
File Campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.Chernarus\scripts\faat.sqf, line 37
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\guerrillas1.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\guerrillas1.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\guerrillas2.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\guerrillas2.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\guerrillas3.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\guerrillas3.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\alert.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\alert.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\r01.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\r01.ogg'
Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolCZ/: Missing word Disengage
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\r02.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\r02.ogg'
Empty word in sentence ''
User menu description 'BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication' not defined.
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\r03.ogg'
Cannot load sound 'campaigns\nightingale_beta\missions\04invasion.chernarus\sound\r03.ogg'
Warning Message: No entry 'Campaigns\nightingale_beta\description.ext/Campaign/Chapter1.x02Sitrep'.
Warning Message: No entry '.template'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry 'Campaigns\nightingale_beta\description.ext/Campaign/Chapter1.x02Sitrep'.
Invalid mission name
ErrorMessage: Error in campaign structure

That's what I have so far, I'll play mission 4 a few more times to see what happens.

Regards.-
GHOST

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, dalber24 said:

Prologue, it would be nice to add an altitude meter, for situational awareness, since you can't see anything. 2 things can happen: you open the parachute too soon and you miss the insertion point, then you notice that you are there but too high and you try to make circles to fall as close as possible, or you open it too late so that it is not an endless fall and you are very far from the point, the measure would help a lot.

In the prologue, when meeting with the Napa contact, at the end of the conversation he tells you to go to the castle... so I ran towards the castle, I didn't understand that I had to follow the AI, I thought that the AI just ran away anywhere, I never followed the contact, I thought I had to run, when I heard that the AI gave the order to get in the vehicle, I went back to look for the door, it would be good to add to the dialogue something like... follow me, I have a vehicle or whatever.

after the first fight before the castle, the ai remains prone to the ground as if it were in combat, and is not injured, it stops a few steps ago and returns to prone ground until it reaches the castle, which obviously takes forever, once who arrives at the castle stops and runs away.

Hell on Earth mission, it would be nice to be able to take control of the unit with the RPG, sometimes the AI is a bit stubborn and it gets tedious trying to force it to do its job, anyway then you find a dead guy with an rpg.

Show Time mission, First try... the mission starts with low FPS "30" as if there was a script hanging, I eliminate the troops and the artillery, I go to the meeting point when I arrive automatically go to the next objective "clear ot power plant" which immediately appears in green as completed, meanwhile if you wait the reconnaissance team never arrives, you go to the power plant to see what happened and when you go there the FPS go up to 60, you arrive and find all the enemies dead including BAF troops, continue to the next objective, you arrive and they are also all dead, apparently the BAF vehicles and troops have eliminated practically everything, with the exception of those inside the building that I eliminated, the mission never happens For finished, look for more enemies, I did not find anything alive other than two shilkas shooting at a hangar, I destroyed the 2 but the mission was not finished either.

Second attempt, I eliminate the troops and artillery, I go to the meeting point, they are waiting for me there, we head towards the next objective, when they arrive they are all dead, I still did not mark it as finished, so I start looking for a living soldier in it area, I don't see him in time and he shoots at me, I notice that I'm hurt, they send someone to treat me but he never arrives and I die.

Third attempt at 6:30 after the start of the mission, I eliminate the troops and artillery, I go to the meeting point again, they are waiting for me, on the way we meet enemies and we enter into combat, we eliminate them, we continue on our way to the Power Plant, We couldn't get there, other troops finished with everything and marked that objective as completed, we began to run towards the final objective, immediately afterwards the mission was finished, the AI also eliminated that objective.

Finish the mission I click to continue and a sign appears with the message "Error in campaign structure" and the game closes.

ERRORS From RPT

Reveal hidden contents

_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
Invalid mission name

That's what I have so far, I'll play mission 4 a few more times to see what happens.

Regards.-
GHOST

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

The AI in the first mission should proceed to the castle normally. I'll check that. You have a GPS that has an altitude indicator. I'll add a hint for the player to use it.

About the mission Show Time, I have now limited viewdistance for better performance and rebuilt all OPFOR formations. I'll check it once more to be sure.

Also, the campaign structure is now fixed. I have made some changes here and there to simplify it.

I'll get to it once I have done my duties today.

On 1/15/2023 at 4:55 PM, dalber24 said:

ERRORS From RPT

Reveal hidden contents

_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
_gun setCo>
Invalid mission name

Regards.-
GHOST

I uploaded a new version including the first ones slightly updated.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kalle M. said:

I uploaded a new version including the first ones slightly updated.

great, I'm going to try and see how it goes.:shoot:

Thx :rthumb:

• Like 1

Hi!

some feedback, in the prologue now everything works perfectly, but the mission never ends, the Napa contact reaches the castle with you without problems but the mission is not finished. To continue testing the rest I had to cheat... "endmission".

The following missions went well until when I got to mission 3 I was taken out of the missions menu, from the campaign,

cpQ4cW7.jpg

I don't know if it should be like that or not, but I simply clicked mission 3 to continue and it worked fine, at the end of the mission 3 continued to mission 4, it worked fine, but at the end of the mission, it again sent me to the missions menu,

yuwZU11.jpg

so like the previous time I tried to continue with mission 4, but it simply returned to the last save point of the mission 4, and this time the button says RESUME instead of CONTINUE, when the mission ends it never continues to mission 5, it's as if the campaign ended there.

So far everything I've played has been very entertaining, good job and thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dalber24 said:

Hi!

some feedback, in the prologue now everything works perfectly, but the mission never ends, the Napa contact reaches the castle with you without problems but the mission is not finished. To continue testing the rest I had to cheat... "endmission".

The following missions went well until when I got to mission 3 I was taken out of the missions menu, from the campaign,

cpQ4cW7.jpg

I don't know if it should be like that or not, but I simply clicked mission 3 to continue and it worked fine, at the end of the mission 3 continued to mission 4, it worked fine, but at the end of the mission, it again sent me to the missions menu,

yuwZU11.jpg

so like the previous time I tried to continue with mission 4, but it simply returned to the last save point of the mission 4, and this time the button says RESUME instead of CONTINUE, when the mission ends it never continues to mission 5, it's as if the campaign ended there.

So far everything I've played has been very entertaining, good job and thanks.

Thanks for the feedback once again. I'll check it ASAP.

I am currently working on the last mission so I'll release the full campaign soon.

The redux version is finally here!

Enjoy!

• Like 1