Demify

When are you going to fix this

WHY IS IT when i fall into a wall i float and then die, this has been a issue for a long time so i was wondering when u are going to fix this bug or if u can be bothered to fix this

Hi, welcome to these forums.

I'm going to assume that's a problem with the engine.  So it's highly unlikely it'll be fixed in arma 3. 

• Like 1

What kind of situation does the falling into the wall occur? Are mods involved?

I mean yes you can clip into objects accidentally that's a fact but also its not that common if in vanilla gameplay I think. 

21 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

What kind of situation does the falling into the wall occur? Are mods involved?

I mean yes you can clip into objects accidentally that's a fact but also its not that common if in vanilla gameplay I think. 

That can occur in Kunduz map, with a bunch of walls. I experienced that. But as Stanhope said, it's an engine issue. You fall "into" the wall with plenty of collisions and you die before reaching the ground.
@Demify  a good usage of the forum is to write some fine title to help for the search or even the interest of the topic. Feel free to modify it!

Kunduz is a custom map and may use custom assets thus it can be issue with those particular assets or the creation of the terrain. When you say you clip into walls and fall indicates that they are tall which does not sound vanilla assets and thus migh not be as much engine issue but wrongly made or used objects. Although such can happen with vanilla stuff too, I dont think its that common.

Which is why its important to give out exact details of the situation and how it can be reproduced. 

• Like 4

The clearest example with vanilla assets can be made by using certain walls that aren't meant to be walked on as bridges/placing them horizontally (I did this in Georgetown to try and make a walkway between 2 skyscrapers... couldn't use horizontal walls, had to use pavement pieces), or the fishing trawler.

On 6.1.2019 at 6:38 PM, HorribleGoat said:

Which is why its important to give out exact details of the situation and how it can be reproduced.

They mean when you try to walk on objects that don't have a roadway. Clipping into the geometry instead and floating around.

That's just how the Arma engine works. Can't just "fix" that.

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

They mean when you try to walk on objects that don't have a roadway. Clipping into the geometry instead and floating around.

That's just how the Arma engine works. Can't just "fix" that.

Exactly what I was after, there is right way to use objects as they are intended to use by design and then there are ways to use them incorrectly which can cause buggy behaviour.

Because people love my metaphors that much.

You are taking a fork, and trying to eat your soup with it, and then wonder why it doesn't really work that well.

What is Bohemia supposed to do? Hammer onto the fork till it turns into a spoon?

• Haha 4