Tankbuster

mission.sqm, line 0

OK, it's fixed. Had to rename to mission folder to make the error go away.

Thanks to everyone here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Here's a link the the SW version

Cool...

19 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Can you send me a dropbox link to the pbo? I don't have steam access here.

18 hours ago, Dedmen said:

As I said, no access to SW right now as I'm at work.

I'd say a rename is more a workaround than a fix.

I agree, it's a workaround, not a fix, but given the environment we are in, it is perhaps the best way.

• Like 1

I'm just experiencing the same error! line0:'.0072':'6'encoutered instead of '='

As usual I started Arma to continue my scenario in Editor. I opened first Poseidon, sublime Text 2, for editing scripts, checking the last days work, modifying few things.

When I opened my mission (on CUP Kunduz map).... All edited objects have disappeared! Vanished! I closed the editor, had a look at sublime Text: the mission.sqm became:

Spoiler

version=53;
class EditorData
{
    moveGridStep=1;
    angleGridStep=0.2617994;
    scaleGridStep=1;
    autoGroupingDist=10;
    toggles=1;
    class Camera
    {
        pos[]={2048,26.046001,2048};
    };
};
binarizationWanted=0;
class AddonsMetaData
{
};
randomSeed=8179129;
class ScenarioData
{
    author="PierreMGI";
};

Nothing more!

I could reverse to last change (as far as you don't close the Sublime text). Then I recovered the 1200 k binarized file...

But the error forbid me to open it on Eden.

There is something weird, not linked to steam publication... (This mission isn't on steam yet).

Looking for a way to recover it (Weeks of work). I didn't binarize anymore work on progress!

Oh, I feel for you, Pierre. I'm beginning to think that there is nothing more exciting than a simple file corruption going on here.

hopefully you can restore from a backup?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Oh, I feel for you, Pierre. I'm beginning to think that there is nothing more exciting than a simple file corruption going on here.

hopefully you can restore from a backup?

Yeah, I took the habit to export as single/multiplayer scenario... sometimes. I depboed a recent sqm.

What did you use to depbo? Sounds like that may have gone wrong

• Like 1

Maybe BI will fix it in 1.86? LOL! :rofl::rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

The pbo manager v1.4 beta,  using it for ages!

I used it after this issue to recover my most recent working file (sqm only, fortunately the sqf weren't impacted)

Followup question... I too use Poseidon and am suspecting that as we both have it common and have this issue. But it can't be... I did a binary compare of the mission folder and apart from the SQM, they were identical.

I didn't have any grey hair until I got into this game!

• Like 1

Right. Poseidon seems to be instable these past weeks (more crashes than by the past). Modifying something in eden while binarized sqm is open (not specifically displayed), could be an issue?

• Like 1

I've NEVER edited the SQM using any text editor, it's just too easy to break. But I've never had Poseidon crash.. never. It's very stable for me. It'd be nice if @Tom_48_97 gave it a little more lovin', for sure, it knows nothing about the platenumber command family, for example .

Visual Studio Code <3

Here to promote! :happy:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tankbuster said:

I've NEVER edited the SQM using any text editor, it's just too easy to break. But I've never had Poseidon crash.. never. It's very stable for me.@Tom_48_97

You can't promote that as a rule. Opened sqm (unbinarized) is not related to this line 0 error. You can work in sqm. I did that dozen of times without errors or crashes.

It's an easy way to check, on the fly, the result of your work from editor. mission.sqm is updated.

For example, when I decided to remove all R3F stuffs from a mission, I replaced the R3F edited units by CUP ones in Eden. (no harm).  So, as intended, the "R3F" occurrence felt drastically in sqm.

But, I forgot some customized crate contents (not the crate itself) and, I had to shift some class names for weapons... Directly in sqm without problem.

Re-checking. Saw some resilient "R3F" in triggers.. same method.

At the end, the "R3F" was not found everywhere in sqm which was updated, btw, for addons[] and addonsMetaData[].
NOTE: You can even delete a whole entity (or item), deleting the entire itemX class of an item (example item106 in class entities) but you have to rename the last class (example item351 to item106) then modify the  items[] = 352 at the beginning of class entities to items[] = 351;  (count from 0 to 350)

I do not recommend that for synced objects like modules. These links are treated apart.

If you don't have any more unwanted items from an addon, you can delete some remaining strings referring to this addon,  in addons[] and addonsMetaData[].

I recommend to backup the mission.sqm before editing it, but Poseidon is fine for undoing all your work (if kept open).

So, I can affirm my brand new mission crash (line0) occurs far after any manipulation like this. Not related.

Concerning Poseidon crashes (closing app), neither related, I remarked this seems to be more frequent, like the ALT TAB which crashes my video, more often at mission start, when I ALT TAB for another windows app. This occurred then was fixed months ago, and back for several weeks (despite all W10, NVIDIA, Steam, Arma updates).

And the error mysteriously reappears. Exact same symptoms. Fuck Steam Workshop.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

And the error mysteriously reappears. Exact same symptoms. Fuck Steam Workshop.

After it was working few days before. Yeah! Fuck Steam Workshop! :rofl:

• Thanks 1