Tankbuster

mission.sqm, line 0

Guys,

On the Tanoa build of my mission, I get this error when running the SW subscribed mission.

The equivalent Altis mission runs fine (the mission folders are identical apart from the sqm). I've examined the SQM of the Tanoa build and there are no obvious errors, there's certainly no fullstop where there should be an equals sign. .In fact, it's broadly the same as the SQM from the Altis version.

Builds created using Eliteness and saved via dropbox work just fine.

Any ideas, please.

b7bb691da9.JPG

20:46:18 ErrorMessage: File steamMPMission\__cur_mp.Tanoa\mission.sqm, line 0: '.': '"' encountered instead of '='
20:46:18 Application terminated intentionally
ErrorMessage: File steamMPMission\__cur_mp.Tanoa\mission.sqm, line 0: '.': '"' encountered instead of '='

Had a similar issue a while back. Solved it by starting in the editor with a new mission and merge in the bugged mission. 

@whiztler - We tried that. I loaded empty Tanoa and merged SQM in. Saved, named as fixedSQM and then published. All worked fine but when I sent the mission.sqm back to @Tankbuster it didn't work. Only notable difference was the folder name. Surely that couldn't be it.

• Like 1

Alright, so when you publish using Eden the mission works at your client but not at Tb's. Surely you both have tried a minimum/no-mods setup and TB has verified its ARMA3 installation using the Steam verify function. Folder name, when using normal alphanum chars would not cause issues. A PBO published by Haz and works at Haz and does not work at TB sounds to me either a mod issue or an Arma3  core/corrupt file issue at Tb.

@whiztler

The mission I published worked for both. Only notable difference is the name. Really odd.

• Like 1

Could you depbo the mission.sqm and copy/paste the first lines? If error is at line 0...

The final compiled SQM taken from mission.pbo in Steam is literally code at top. No idea why it does that - Related to Steam publish most likely.

@pierremgi - No idea why this happens. Our mission.sqm before we publish to workshop is fine and doesn't have any of the SQF code above. This is definitely something related to the workshop, not us.

https://pastebin.com/4eA0Zpzw

mission.sqm (after subscribing on Steam, downloading, loading and then extracting the PBO)

C:\Users\Username\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steamMPMission\Coop%2040%20Authority%20Tanoa.tanoa\mission

Our actual mission.sqm is as follows:

https://pastebin.com/gHfqzxyv

• Like 1

You should return to editor, play preview or check for its folder (if all scripts are here), save again the local mission, export to single/multiplayer (pbo)

Exchange these pbos. Re-publish a brand new mission on Steam and delete the old one.

57 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

You should return to editor, play preview or check for its folder (if all scripts are here), save again the local mission, export to single/multiplayer (pbo)

Exchange these pbos. Re-publish a brand new mission on Steam and delete the old one.

We already did that. When I did this, @Tankbuster subscribed, downloaded and played without the error. He then tried what I did but it crashed, the only notable difference is the mission folder name. He might of messed it up somewhere / did it wrong. Dunno.

• Like 1

On 27.11.2018 at 10:06 PM, Tankbuster said:

Any ideas, please.

Mission is binarized, Something expects it to be unbinarized.

1 minute ago, Dedmen said:

It isn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dedmen said:

It's not but on that note @HazJ suggested binarizing it, saving it and unbinarizing it to try to 'rewrite' the SQM but when I tried to binarise it, I got a similar message to that in the first post.

Some weird stuff going on here. I loaded the mission into the 3den editor, selected and copied all the units and markers etc to clipboard, started a new mission, pasted the stuff back in, named it the same as the old mission, saved, repacked and published..same error.

• Haha 1

Looks like a pbo packing error. It thinks the file starts sooner than it actually does.

Why are you packing with Eliteness anyway? I always thought Eliteness is just a unpacking/inspection tool.

Can you send me a dropbox link to the pbo? I don't have steam access here.

• Thanks 1

Can you publish it to SW and then subscribe and play it?

Note as it's an MP mission... from main menu > multiplayer  >server browser> host server > select subscribed mission coloured orange > play

• Like 1

As I said, no access to SW right now as I'm at work. Did you send me the broken pbo downloaded from steam, or the working one before the upload?

I wanted to check the broken one out.

mission.sqm is being preprocessed on every load/save. Errors in possibly included files could cause that error, not only mission.sqm itself.

Also, just in case, make sure all your included files end with a newline. Some end with a line having a #define, e.g.

#define IDC_PROGRESSBAR_TEXT 200

but not having a newline at the end of file. This file being #include'd will eat up the next line after #include. So in the end it might look like

#define WORLD_CENTER getArray (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "centerPosition")version=53;

Not having explicit #includes in mission.sqm does not mean the preprocessing is not done on other files.

@pedeathtrian

Yeah, that makes sense however if that was the case then it would also do it for  the Altis build. We have resolved the issue now by the way, we had to change the mission folder name, no idea why, it shouldn't really make a difference at all but it did. These aren't included in the mission.sqm by the way?

• Like 1

The Altis and Tanoa builds are identical. I work and edit on the Altis build then use symlinks to update the tanoa mission folder. I've used winmerge to confirm that the two folders are identical, apart from the SQM.

As Haz says above, I've made a new mission folder with a different name for the Tanoa build and published it to SW. I can subscribe and run the mission ow without error. 

Now the altis and tanoa have very different mission folder names and I have to remake all the symlinks which is annoying, but if thats the price I have to pay then OK.

• Like 2

Just another ARMA 3 development adventure. What else would you do with all your free time .... :f:

• Haha 2

Just now, whiztler said:

Just another ARMA 3 development adventure. What else would you do with all your free time .... :f:

What else? You mean other than a 50 hour per week job, parenting 3 kids.:)

• Haha 2