On 3/3/2019 at 3:01 PM, Delta Hawk said:

Good news everybody. I've updated my DHI Uniforms mod to include PASGT helmets. As a result the name is now DHI Uniforms and Equipment. Due to popular demand I've added kneepads. As I continue work I'll be adding more equipment.  The next thing I'm going to work towards are M1 helmets with covers and added different goggles to the helmets starting with Sun Wind and Dust goggles.  

Hide contents

Change log

- Added Patron Nametapes (Thanks guys!)

- Added Kneepads (usm_kneepads_blk,usm_nvg_kneepads_blk) (glasses and NVG slot)

- Added Rhino mount (usm_rhinomount)

- Added PASGT helmets with cateyes/Rhino mount/Rhino mount W/strap)

- Added TDS

- Updated skivy wound texture

Any plans for PASGT vests?

I'd say that it would be great if the new DHI uniforms were used to replace USM equipment because it's more user-friendly with other mods, although I understand that would require completely redoing the vests. Maybe start with a basic rifleman's PASGT/LBE and work your way from there?

Also, here's a pic of Wikus from District 9 wearing an ill-fitting PASGT, because I was watching it when I saw this.

district_9_07.jpg

mfw no District 9 mod

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, extracrispi said:

Also, here's a pic of Wikus from District 9 wearing an ill-fitting PASGT, because I was watching it when I saw this.

That ain't no PASGT, that's an IBA. 😛

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ballistic09 said:

Correct, no shoulder pads and visible MOLLE webbing

Delta has stated in the thread before that he wants to eventually update everything from USMM. That would include the PASGT vest and RBA

3 hours ago, ballistic09 said:

All these years I've thought it was a PASGT because of the collar....

200_d.gif?cid=3640f6095c75e8db546f495a45

On 3/4/2019 at 12:01 AM, Delta Hawk said:

Good news everybody. I've updated my DHI Uniforms mod to include PASGT helmets. As a result the name is now DHI Uniforms and Equipment. Due to popular demand I've added kneepads. As I continue work I'll be adding more equipment.  The next thing I'm going to work towards are M1 helmets with covers and added different goggles to the helmets starting with Sun Wind and Dust goggles.  

Reveal hidden contents

Change log

- Added Patron Nametapes (Thanks guys!)

- Added Kneepads (usm_kneepads_blk,usm_nvg_kneepads_blk) (glasses and NVG slot)

- Added Rhino mount (usm_rhinomount)

- Added PASGT helmets with cateyes/Rhino mount/Rhino mount W/strap)

- Added TDS

- Updated skivy wound texture

COOL! Will the equipment (backpacks/vests) be updated to match the color of the DHI uniforms later on? 

tEI0aGm.jpg

My Iraqis are really diggin' their new kneepads and PASGTs... :wink_o:

Great work! :smile_o:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Delta has stated in the thread before that he wants to eventually update everything from USMM. That would include the PASGT vest and RBA

USMM doesn't actually have an IBA as far as I know; which is unfortunate as A3 lacks a really good high-quality IBA at the moment.

59 minutes ago, Laqueesha said:

USMM doesn't actually have an IBA as far as I know; which is unfortunate as A3 lacks a really good high-quality IBA at the moment.

RBA, as in Ranger Body Armor.

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

RBA, as in Ranger Body Armor.

Oops, my bad. Thought the R was an I; mine eyes have failed me.

• Haha 1

Gentlemen... Behold!

Delta 

FD7687427904E4971CEC932549DB286F5C1D2797

FDB8FE93300DA0F5B79899F1E629B3548E0D13D2

1246D458EDE5A7C99DABD1B21FEF34BB68CA42A5

E560A3396C60906647BA7006A977947ADF6B707B

9A778A332BB504851F9049FA298F431CD6257DC3

04A9866FA624C8B26270E568E576107DF81C4D86

D44C0FDA1E64CB2C443F35B82DC59D2DBAFE8DD1

Rangers (had to cheat a bit and carefully angle these pics so the clipping wouldn't be obvious)

18B47DD0B4279FEAD18FE84E45614C7A9099BE05

859F13DE9CAA4D49EDC933C3C73604A83E28DCAC

FCC3EEEF888E0DC124E1F2299AA7EF62AC611326

79BB104CC676A8E09F78CDFD3275A74D779EFDB9

BD5CE513E51A1C64D555F967D6A8A6AACEE27E71

Counter-Strike

AF4F6CCEF2AA59445370695B49F4CCE9794CA24F

And for you old school Call of Duty fans...

B511148C4A4FD63B244B44C92E9FBCF95E6B213A

15601E4C37B5089C430817F48172140B9B46F47E

It took me about four hours to take all these screenshots. Hope you enjoy them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 3/3/2019 at 10:55 PM, wsxcgy said:

also, if you need any references on things going forward, I've got a decent amount of shit I've collected. SWDGs, leather speedlace boots, wool watch cap, cold weather cap, MX-991/U, and a whole bunch of ALICE crap including the medium pack, IFAK, and E-Tool+carrier, plus all the normal stuff of course. I should also be getting a steel pot soon to pair with the M1 liner and woodland cover I already have. not that any of it is particularly complicated, but I figured I'd put it out there.

Awesome, I'd like to see some leather boots (like in this pic) added to the mod some day, they're kick-ass.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 9:55 PM, wsxcgy said:

looks like a really nice update! can't wait to play around with it. I guess its time to retire those RHS PASGT retextures I did to match your uniforms.

also, if you need any references on things going forward, I've got a decent amount of shit I've collected. SWDGs, leather speedlace boots, wool watch cap, cold weather cap, MX-991/U, and a whole bunch of ALICE crap including the medium pack, IFAK, and E-Tool+carrier, plus all the normal stuff of course. I should also be getting a steel pot soon to pair with the M1 liner and woodland cover I already have. not that any of it is particularly complicated, but I figured I'd put it out there.

EDIT: picked up the M1 steel pot, also got a PASGT vest, will gladly provide reference shots if needed.

Well I actually already have most of it.  Due to my location it's easy and cheap to find a lot of this gear.  Just a couple weeks ago I went to a Navy Army surplus store and bought US surplus SWD goggles.  My brother (you won't believe this) bought an IBA and two SAPI plates for $5. (See, told you you wouldn't believe it)  I actually buy a lot of this stuff to make my 3d models and textures as accurate as possible so if you want to support my mentally exhausting and financially debilitating obsessive compulsive disorder visit my Patreon page.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, extracrispi said:

All these years I've thought it was a PASGT because of the collar....

200_d.gif?cid=3640f6095c75e8db546f495a45

Exactly how I felt when I looked at a set of real SWD goggles.  I was so naive and mislead with my USM mod.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:23 PM, fingolfin said:

My Iraqis are really diggin' their new kneepads and PASGTs... :wink_o:

Great work! :smile_o:

Never thought I would want to play as the Iraqi Army.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, Laqueesha said:

whats%20behind%20the%20black%20box.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Delta Hawk said:

My brother (you won't believe this) bought an IBA and two SAPI plates for $5. (See, told you you wouldn't believe it)

Bruh

...they got a website? Lol

• Like 4

He got them a from an old lady that didn't know what they were at a flee market.  Not sure how she got them.  You can find insane deals at flee markets if you know what you're looking for.  My brother also one time found 8 200 round bags of South African 7.62 for about .30 per round.  I told him to pick up 2, wish I told him to pick up all 8.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

My brother (you won't believe this) bought an IBA and two SAPI plates for $5. (See, told you you wouldn't believe it)

5 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

He got them a from an old lady that didn't know what they were at a flee market.  Not sure how she got them.  You can find insane deals at flee markets if you know what you're looking for.  My brother also one time found 8 200 round bags of South African 7.62 for about .30 per round.  I told him to pick up 2, wish I told him to pick up all 8.

I really don't believe it, holy shit. I dished out 75 bucks for my PASGT vest. its in great shape and I've found them relatively more difficult to find lately, but jeez. $5 WITH SAPI plates. looks like I'm moving to Texas boys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Love the additions - especially the PASGT helmets - but they don't seem to have any kind of ballistic protection/explosive resistance value (only a "weight" value). Is this intentional? Admittedly I don't know how the ballistic/explosive stuff even works, but the stock helmets and RHS helmets have a value assigned.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 7:24 PM, Delta Hawk said:

Some people just want to watch the world burn....

• Like 2

I'd personally prefer a PASGT vest, but I won't say no to an IBA. Those of us who throw small amounts of money at Tim from time to time on Patreon will know a bit more about things coming in the near future....

(Still haven't forgotten about Desert Tiger Stripe)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I post screen pics and news about ideas, development research, up coming projects and stuff that I'm currently working on that I haven't announced publicly on my Patreon.  I'm trying to think of other interesting stuff I can included on it.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, colosseum said:

Love the additions - especially the PASGT helmets - but they don't seem to have any kind of ballistic protection/explosive resistance value (only a "weight" value). Is this intentional? Admittedly I don't know how the ballistic/explosive stuff even works, but the stock helmets and RHS helmets have a value assigned.

My bad, I forgot how the armor values changed.  Next update will include correct armor values.

• Like 3

Since Tim hasn't said anything yet, the SWD goggles are now out, along with a small bonus

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

those SWDGs are a work of art. really puts the old ones you did to shame.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

those SWDGs are a work of art. really puts the old ones you did to shame.

Thanks!  I found a pair at my local surplus store and they are very different than how I thought they looked.  I put a lot of detail into it since it was so close to the face which people tend to focus on a lot.

23 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Since Tim hasn't said anything yet, the SWD goggles are now out, along with a small bonus

Thanks!  And yes, there is a small bonus 😉

• Like 7

Sorry if this bothers you, but I was wondering, what exactly was the "drama and grief" caused by allowing reskins?

The SWDs and the bonus are great! Also really like the added ballistic/explosive values on the PASGTs. 

Looking fwd to M1 helmets (maybe you'll use the excellent RHS GREF version as a base?) -- and especially M1s with various covers.  Would be awesome to see the P42 "frog" camo, Mitchell pattern, OD green, Tigerstripe, ERDL, M81, etc. 

• Like 2