Ok guys and gals, I've decided how to approach the 4k situation.  I will be adding a new uniform set (shhh! it's a secret) and I'll make it 4k while leaving the BDUs as 2k.  I'll see what happens with the file size.  For the performance I want your guy's feeback.  If the impact is negligible I'll make the appropriate textures 4k.  If a lot of people are being negatively impact I'll look into making an optional HD texture upload.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 5/29/2019 at 8:48 PM, Delta Hawk said:

I've been doing this...sort of.

Does anybody have any pictures of US military in cold weather gear or M65 field jackets?

I have some photos in this folder, its not much but i hope it will be helpful. Also me andd my reeneacment grup had some photo session with cold weather gear but its mostly ECWS system: https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheJarheads/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1684263351650224 https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheJarheads/photos/?tab=album&album_id=776190682457500 and one grup from czech that used for their photos M65 parka and M65 Jacket: https://www.facebook.com/pg/82nd-Airborne-Division-Grenada-re-enacting-Czech-Republic-177367108961138/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2280726751958486&ref=page_internal Hope it will help 🙂 

2 hours ago, Kilroy1993 said:

I have some photos in this folder, its not much but i hope it will be helpful. Also me andd my reeneacment grup had some photo session with cold weather gear but its mostly ECWS system

Are you all shooting blanks?  You guys are very meticulous judging by the gear so it kind of make me think you all went through the red tape to shoot blanks.  That's the M51 "Fish tail" Parka btw. Learned that recently.

• Like 1

Hey Delta Hawk, would you ever consider adding a scuba variant of your uniforms with fins? That would be so awesome. Just a thought!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/29/2019 at 11:48 AM, Delta Hawk said:

I've been doing this...sort of.

Does anybody have any pictures of US military in cold weather gear or M65 field jackets?

Yeah, but would you update USM (so those communities that already have the USM but won't get DHI get to play with it) so those groups that already have the mod can use it or just add it on to DHI?

Also, got you covered.

4105d25dadedff62f13af69912733e16.jpg

BBNzoNe.img?h=405&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

us-troops-wearing-cold-weather-gear-part

us-troops-wearing-cold-weather-gear-part

US-Army-Satellite-Phone-Skugrici-Bosnia-

qMUM0.jpg

• Thanks 1

IMO until the RBA and PASGT vest are done USM should be left as-is, or just left as-is indefinitely and let it be as it was

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 7:07 PM, Delta Hawk said:

Are you all shooting blanks?  You guys are very meticulous judging by the gear so it kind of make me think you all went through the red tape to shoot blanks.  That's the M51 "Fish tail" Parka btw. Learned that recently.

No we not, we cant use real weapons outside of big reeneacment events. Gun laws in Poland are more strict thean in US so we are forced to use airsoft replics, also its impossible to find M16A2 here, A1 yes and its not so expensive but later versions no. We have this red ends for fiering blanks because our impressions in this session were based on marines moutaine warfare exrcise in Brigport California. About cold wether gear, from what i know US military had three diffrent systems after world war 2. The first one was M51 with trousers, jacket and fishtail parka, the second one similar to M51 is M65 with new jacket, trouser and M65 parka that is difrent thean M51. The last one is used to this day and its ECWS system. If you need photos i can make for you photos of mine M65 woodland jacket, M65 OG trouser, first gen ECWS parka and ECWS first gen Fleec.

• Like 1

I was at Bridgeport.  Beautiful area.  Only place in California did I truly enjoy.  Thank you for the offer of photos but they're unnecessary now because, big surprise, I've already made a M65 Field Jacket.  I chose the M65 because it has a longer life span (70s-mid 2000s) than the ECWS.  This will be the only cold weather jacket I'll make for a long time.  After an update I'll move onto other equipment.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

I was at Bridgeport.  Beautiful area.  Only place in California did I truly enjoy.  Thank you for the offer of photos but they're unnecessary now because, big surprise, I've already made a M65 Field Jacket.  I chose the M65 because it has a longer life span (70s-mid 2000s) than the ECWS.  This will be the only cold weather jacket I'll make for a long time.  After an update I'll move onto other equipment.

Other Gear..... Hopes for M1 helmet or NBC gear intensifies. I agree that M65 ist the best choice, ther is already one mod with ECWS system in Arma. it would be great to have winter camo but this gear probably have a very low spot on your to do list 🙂 

20 hours ago, Kilroy1993 said:

ther is already one mod with ECWS system in Arma.

which mod is that?

• Like 1

On 5/31/2019 at 9:15 PM, Hvymtal said:

just left as-is indefinitely and let it be as it was

Nein.

1559711372930.png

On 6/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, Delta Hawk said:

I was at Bridgeport.  Beautiful area.  Only place in California did I truly enjoy.

What? You don't like our concrete jungles ridden with Sodomy and Typhus? Also, how could you say that when Point Reyes exists?

bigs-Chimney-Rock-Beach-Point-Reyes-Nati

On 6/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, Delta Hawk said:

I've already made a M65 Field Jacket.  I chose the M65 because it has a longer life span (70s-mid 2000s) than the ECWS.

Just Olive Drab or will it come in other flavors too?

Also, if you want something a little more modern for winter gear, you could always make PCUs (which entered service in the BDU's twilight years).

47xrev7.jpg

• Like 5

M65 will come in all the standard colors, according to an answer on PATREON (sparkle sparkle). I'm assuming that means even urban tiger xD

• Like 1

21 hours ago, extracrispi said:

Nein.

What? You don't like our concrete jungles ridden with Sodomy and Typhus? Also, how could you say that when Point Reyes exists?

Just Olive Drab or will it come in other flavors too?

I don't really have time to set up the USM mod again.  It's just best to focus on my two current projects right now.  I'll eventually get the most important parts from USM over to this mod.

As for California I'll be honest I was only mostly around the Oceanside area and from time to time I found myself in San Diego and LA for one reason or another.  I've also been out to some desert areas that I care not to remember.  So out of all of the places I've been to Bridgeport was the most enjoyable for me.

DHI_M65s.jpg

I know summer is around the corner but hopefully this will be cool. Today's update adds basic cold weather gear, the M65 field jacket in all current camouflage patterns and two different versions of the US GI wool scarf (the alternative version was kindly donated by Cunico). The M65 field jacket has been the staple of cold weather gear for the US military for half a century. With the jacket and inside liner the M65 jacket can keep you warm even in freezing weather!

The M65 uniforms are in 4k. Please let me know what you think of the 4k, if the file size has made a negative impact and any performance related issues. For the facewear gear I've also made NVG versions of them. I have disabled the NVG capability with the NVG version of the facegear. Before anyone expresses strong feelings about this please see below for my reasoning.

Patreon plug 😳: My work is not a 3rd party DLC. You don't have to pay for what I hope is triple AAA video game art quality. It's free. But if you really enjoy my work and are able please visit my Patreon page and consider becoming a Patron.  Even if it's just for a month or two I would still greatly appreciate it 😃https://www.patreon.com/deltahawk

Reason behind disabling the NVG ability of NVG version of the facewear

Spoiler

I wanted to give players the ability to use facewear gear with my facewear gear, so I made NVG versions of my facewear. This normally would give players NVGs, but I felt this was not fair to players who didn't have NVGs in 80s or 90s scenarios. FYI NVGs were hardly ever issued in the 80s and 90s. It would be like using my facewear as an excuse to conveniently get NVGs. I'm not going to include NVG capable versions of my facewear because I'm already making a lot of duplicates and if players want to use NVGs that badly I would encourage them to use the facewear version along with the NVGs of their choice.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

The m65 looks beautiful, not going to lie the 4k looks way better then the 2k. The file size wasn't bad for me I think it wouldn't effect anything if the rest of the uniforms were 4k. But then again some people can run the game at its highest point, other then that I love it keep up the good work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, payne2010 said:

The m65 looks beautiful, not going to lie the 4k looks way better then the 2k. The file size wasn't bad for me I think it wouldn't effect anything if the rest of the uniforms were 4k. But then again some people can run the game at its highest point, other then that I love it keep up the good work!

Agreed, it looks super cool. Gonna play around a bit more to see if there are performance issues but I've noticed none so far. 
Brilliant work as always @Delta Hawk!

Ok guys, I'm going a bit off topic here: I've recently came across an original 3 color field jacket and I couldn't resist, I bought it. I noticed that the spot where the patch should be is empty because someone (probably the old owner or the surplus shop) ripped it off. I could recognize the shape (cause it was still visible on the shoulder) and it looked like it was the classic 101st airborne insignia. I'm going to buy a new one to stitch there, the thing is, I like stuff to be as authentic as possible so... How the patch should be? Like the one in the photo? Because I've seen several variations, like the tan one (https://i.gyazo.com/c20fa2e1f06a2a1eae4ce144dc417b6b.png) and I don't really know which one is the most correct.

4105d25dadedff62f13af69912733e16.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, red_spring said:

How the patch should be? Like the one in the photo? Because I've seen several variations, like the tan one (https://i.gyazo.com/c20fa2e1f06a2a1eae4ce144dc417b6b.png) and I don't really know which one is the most correct.

In the 90s and going into the early 2000s it was common to see service members wear subdued OD green patches, ranks and nametapes because it may not have been possible to get desert patches, ranks and name tapes sewed on for the whole unit.  Everyone in a unit had to be the same and since they already had subdued OD green that was what they generally went with.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

In the 90s and going into the early 2000s it was common to see service members wear subdued OD green patches, ranks and nametapes because it may not have been possible to get desert patches, ranks and name tapes sewed on for the whole unit.  Everyone in a unit had to be the same and since they already had subdued OD green that was what they generally went with.

Thank you very much, I'll go for that then. This one has tan name tapes and medic/nurse (dunno) insignia sewn on the collar. I'm posting some photos of it just to be sure:

rnrPlim.jpg?1

Was it a 101st patch? I'm not seeing things, right? 😂
egNZsJR.jpg

XCLsWO0.jpg

G67tHPd.jpg?1

Sorry for derailing the thread a bit, I just want to be extra sure before I mess it up. 😅

So, green patch? Is it a go?

Since that particular jacket has desert nametapes, I'd go with a desert-colored patch. That said, I don't think it was a 101st patch. The shape is different.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Laqueesha said:

Since that particular jacket has desert nametapes, I'd go with a desert-colored patch. That said, I don't think it was a 101st patch. The shape is different.

Hmm, what can it be then? I know there's like a gazillion different patches (the US army is pretty big) but... anything particular in mind? 

Kinda looks like the shape of the 11th or 13th Airborne, but those units haven't been active in decades. My guess is it might be some unit patch with a Ranger tab above it, but I'm not sure. That there's a nurse patch on the collar might help narrow it down.

11 minutes ago, Laqueesha said:

Kinda looks like the shape of the 11th or 13th Airborne, but those units haven't been active in decades. My guess is it might be some unit patch with a Ranger tab above it.

Hmm, it might be the last one, I'll probably have to do some digging. I thought it was the 101st because of that tab, but I actually forgot that they're not the only ones that have a tab over the unit insignia. Thanks for the input mate, I'm afraid it's gonna be a long search.
The nurse patch can actually narrow it down a bit? Nice. I still have no clue where to look, but that's a start for sure.

• Like 1

@Laqueesha That blouse would have belong to an officer since it has a "branch" rank insignia, right?

• Like 1

The 4K textures look good; file size doesn't bother me much.

32 minutes ago, Delta Hawk said:

@Laqueesha That blouse would have belong to an officer since it has a "branch" rank insignia, right?

I think so; army nurses are all officers from my understanding.

• Like 1