Is it just me or are the new helmet woodland textures too dark compared to the  rest of the uniforms? Does anyone have a dl link to version 1.11 or can upload it please?

On 7/8/2019 at 8:17 PM, Georg_Ravioli said:

You can't use USM and DHI together, they share classnames and it will cause errors.

I think I have a solution.

Push an update to both mods that adds the prefix "USM" or "DHI" to all items' filenames.

Nononononononononononono never change classnames unless it absolutely has to be done or you may break older content!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Loving the mod and super looking forward to PASGT vests, hope I'm not out of line by asking this. I have made a config patch adding versions of the LBE with M7 bayonets instead of M9s, and I wanted to make ones without buttpacks as well, but when I disable the buttpack using "hiddenSelections[]" the 2 canteens also disappear. Could they possibly be made a separate selection? In my research I've found many units didn't use buttpacks, and I'd love to have that without having to ditch canteens as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GordonWeedman said:

Just curious, but why exactly is RHS allowed to reskin your BDU?

We have not been "allowed" to reskin it in general terms.

We asked to use the model, currently for the purpose of equipping the HIDF with one ERDL camo BDU, and that texture is applied directly to a copy of the model binarised within the RHS pbo.

The original lowland ERDL uniform texture was made by DH (was featured in an earlier version of this mod IIRC, before being replaced with highland ERDL) and only small colour adjustments were done for RHS, to match Tanoa's mud etc.

The model within RHS lacks any hiddenSelections to retexture it.

That doesn't really answer why were you allowed to reskin use the model with an altered texture though.

Is it because you removed the hiddenSelections? Or did Deltahawk make the different ERDL skin?

23 minutes ago, GordonWeedman said:

why were you allowed to reskin use the model

Same reason we were "allowed" to use his HMMWVs and other things since the very beginning RHS for Arma 3. He's a member of the team and like everybody else, contributes what he wants to, in the way he wants to.

23 minutes ago, GordonWeedman said:

did Deltahawk make the different ERDL skin? 

That's what I said in the first reply, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Same reason we were "allowed" to use his HMMWVs and other things since the very beginning RHS for Arma 3. He's a member of the team and like everybody else, contributes what he wants to, in the way he wants to.

I didn't know he was part of the RHS team.

3 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

That's what I said in the first reply, isn't it?

You said he made the original lowland ERDL skin, not the edited one with mud and different colours.

New DHI update released today includes PASGT flak jackets!

unknown.png

On 8/17/2019 at 4:32 PM, GordonWeedman said:

I didn't know he was part of the RHS team.

You said he made the original lowland ERDL skin, not the edited one with mud and different colours.

I made the edited one too.  I try not to add too much mud to my textures but this was a special case.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:49 AM, coffeeshock said:

Is it just me or are the new helmet woodland textures too dark compared to the  rest of the uniforms? Does anyone have a dl link to version 1.11 or can upload it please?

They're too dark for a reason.  It's hard to illustrate this but I try to match colors, shades and fades to real life as best as possible.  I actually have this stuff.  If you look at the character the helmet, which has a twill fabric cover, is next to the upper, back torso of the BDUs, which is ripstop fabric.  Ripstop tends to fade faster than twill and the upper back tends to fade faster than the rest of the uniform because of sun light, salt from sweat, and the wear of gear.  I'll admit it's odd, but it's completely realistic.  If you compare it to the M65 jacket, which is a poplin fabric with an inner liner (not to mention field jackets aren't worn a lot), the colors and fades are more similar.

I'm sure the flak jacket will raise some eye brows, but trust me it's 100% accurate.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 1:06 AM, Georg_Ravioli said:

Loving the mod and super looking forward to PASGT vests, hope I'm not out of line by asking this. I have made a config patch adding versions of the LBE with M7 bayonets instead of M9s, and I wanted to make ones without buttpacks as well, but when I disable the buttpack using "hiddenSelections[]" the 2 canteens also disappear. Could they possibly be made a separate selection? In my research I've found many units didn't use buttpacks, and I'd love to have that without having to ditch canteens as well.

You're right a lot of soldiers didn't carry buttpacks often.  I'm going to think about how to show this.  Not sure about the M7 but I'll think about it.  Do a lot of people know the difference between the M7 and M9?

haven't gotten the chance to play with them yet but the kevlars are looking smazzy. right off the bat I really appreciate the difference in dye between the body of the vests and the cloth accents like the pockets. looks just like the one I've got. you always seem to come through with the small details only a true autismo would pay attention to. can't wait see what whats in store in the future.

• Like 2

Heh, I knew that USM/DHI was the real deal as soon as I saw the print lines on the BDUs and saw the military ID card was totally accurate.

Beautiful work as always.  I have to say I'm most looking forward to the M1 helmet covers though, have been ever since you began your new phase of DHI.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

You're right a lot of soldiers didn't carry buttpacks often.  I'm going to think about how to show this.  Not sure about the M7 but I'll think about it.  Do a lot of people know the difference between the M7 and M9?

To be clear, the only "issue" that arose was the buttpacks and canteens being in the same hiddenSelection[]. The M7 vs M9 bayonet is basically a non-issue, you can also hypothetically have M9 bayonets and no buttpacks, if not for the canteens being linked to them.

IMO, separating the 2 canteens from the buttpack wouldn't create a huge issue, as long as config is updated to show them both by default. If one doesn't want the buttpacks, they can just remove that selection, and visa versa for the canteens.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Georg_Ravioli said:

To be clear, the only "issue" that arose was the buttpacks and canteens being in the same hiddenSelection[]. The M7 vs M9 bayonet is basically a non-issue, you can also hypothetically have M9 bayonets and no buttpacks, if not for the canteens being linked to them.

IMO, separating the 2 canteens from the buttpack wouldn't create a huge issue, as long as config is updated to show them both by default. If one doesn't want the buttpacks, they can just remove that selection, and visa versa for the canteens.

I can separate them...sort of.  It won't be as easy as it sounds.  I was lazy with making my LODs and used the merge function, so now on the other LODs the canteens and buttpacks are one, so I'll have to work on that.

• Thanks 1

Loving the new content. These are top quality uniforms.

I have a request, if possible, could you make a set of uniforms/helmets and vests with AK mag pouches in Syrian woodland camo? Also pretty please with sugar on top bring back the safariland pistol holster lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

Loving the new content. These are top quality uniforms.

I have a request, if possible, could you make a set of uniforms/helmets and vests with AK mag pouches in Syrian woodland camo? Also pretty please with sugar on top bring back the safariland pistol holster lol

They look like normal woodland BDUs with shoulder lapels.  I really can't add variants with small details like that, especially since I plan on adding a lot more gear and equipment.  I will fix the Safariland holster.  I forgot to hide the low profile vest.

• Like 2

DM, for Syrians, just use the M65 field jacket, seems to be an acceptable substitute.

Love the update Delta Hawk, you make my Arma dreams come true every update lol! I have a question about the helmet with the rhino mount and strap, is it just for looks or do you plan on adding nvgs that mount on it? Anyhow keep up the good work!

Yay PASGTs, after wearing one I can now sympathise with my ARMA man! (And people who actually wore them in combat!)

Also I thought I should mention Delta, the ARMA 2 mod and this one is what inspired me and a few others to start collecting and using this gear for airsoft (not a nerd I promise!) purposes. While I imagine you already have most of the gear we have, if there is a certain piece you need references photos give me a shout. Got some rarer/uncommon pieces.

It's old school time again!

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, Delta Hawk said:

They're too dark for a reason.  It's hard to illustrate this but I try to match colors, shades and fades to real life as best as possible.  I actually have this stuff.  If you look at the character the helmet, which has a twill fabric cover, is next to the upper, back torso of the BDUs, which is ripstop fabric.  Ripstop tends to fade faster than twill and the upper back tends to fade faster than the rest of the uniform because of sun light, salt from sweat, and the wear of gear.  I'll admit it's odd, but it's completely realistic.  If you compare it to the M65 jacket, which is a poplin fabric with an inner liner (not to mention field jackets aren't worn a lot), the colors and fades are more similar.

I'm sure the flak jacket will raise some eye brows, but trust me it's 100% accurate.

I see, very interesting. I just remembered it being kinda "equal" in a previous version and assumed maybe something had changed with the 4k update. Thank you for the update and info.

Anyway are the IBAs still planned? I think you teased them a few months  ago iirc...

• Like 1

Any chance of getting backpacks in this mod? I remember the US Military Mod included a nice M5 medic bag -- right now there aren't many good options for backpacks (at least that I've found). The CUP ALICE packs look like they're directly ported from A2, and the RHS ALICE packs are the enormous "large" size with frames (I don't think these are realistic for combat units to be patrolling with but I could be wrong). It would be awesome to see some of the smaller rucks (like the M5 and the smaller ALICE) in the DHI pack. 

BTW, the new LC-2 webbing options are seriously my favorite thing to come to A3 in a while. Great work!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, colosseum said:

Any chance of getting backpacks in this mod? I remember the US Military Mod included a nice M5 medic bag

3 hours ago, Freddo3000 said:

@colosseum

If you check his patreon, there is a mention of it if you scroll down: https://www.patreon.com/deltahawk/posts

Funny you should ask.  Next updated will include the M5 Medical bag, which was used by the US military for about half a century.  My Patrons have been able to follow the development of this bag and give feedback up to this point.

M5_Medica.jpg

On 9/13/2019 at 7:34 AM, coffeeshock said:

I see, very interesting. I just remembered it being kinda "equal" in a previous version and assumed maybe something had changed with the 4k update. Thank you for the update and info.

Anyway are the IBAs still planned? I think you teased them a few months  ago iirc...

The USM aren't as accurate.  Those covers were a little too bright.  When I made those I didn't have an actual PASGT with woodland cover.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, khaosmatical said:

Yay PASGTs, after wearing one I can now sympathise with my ARMA man! (And people who actually wore them in combat!)

Also I thought I should mention Delta, the ARMA 2 mod and this one is what inspired me and a few others to start collecting and using this gear for airsoft (not a nerd I promise!) purposes. While I imagine you already have most of the gear we have, if there is a certain piece you need references photos give me a shout. Got some rarer/uncommon pieces.

It's old school time again!

Yes, I have just about everything in my modification except for the M9 and M7 bayonet, IFAK, buttpack...uh...uh...yea, got the rest.  I just might take a picture of all this junk for the fun of it.  Benefits of living next to a military base 😉

• Like 8