G'day @Delta Hawk

Loving what you're delivering to the community. Do you have any plans for variants of your Boonie hats (e.g. rolled or folded brims)?

@wsxcgy Oh you poor innocent, ignorant soul 🤣

Can you please add Wikus to the mod. All things are better when Wikus is with us. Lost but never forgotten, always in our hearts.

I'm loving these uniforms the the accessories you've made for them. Very high quality and tons of variations to choose from. The pistol holster/belt is fantastic and works very well with other uniforms too, namely the vanilla A3 pilot uniform. Could you possibly add the leather GI gloves to the NVG slot?

On 4/27/2019 at 4:54 PM, Hvymtal said:

Tim, I understand how you feel, but Arma 3 is about shooting stuff and winning, not examining minutia. Good details are a good thing, but when you're actually playing and not just playing soldier Barbie (….....) stuff like that tends to become suddenly less important

You're absolutely right.  ArmA is a milsim.  People can still enjoy customizing their units though.  Typically when people start out making missions they start at the unit's loadout.  And for me personally I believe it's that little tiny attention to detail that makes my work enjoyable by a lot of people.  One of the greatest compliments I got on my work was I showed a veteran a picture of the BDUs in-game and he noticed the worn fabric over the buttons.  That little bit of authenticity invoked memories for him and he was able to connect to my work on a deeper, personal level.  An object in a game is not just art, it's a story and a purpose that builds the world that a player is in.

It'll obviously be different for everyone based on their imagination, but then you get into the concept of taking an idea that someone has of something and reinventing it.  Good example is the fabric textures.  I remember in A2 it was normal to see ripstop pattern on everything, including body armor and helmets.  When I made the USM mod in A2 a couple people noticed my body armor had a Cordura nylon pattern instead of ripstop.  Another example is the movie "Saving Private Ryan".  In hindsight we don't think much of it, but when it first came out people had a different idea of what WWII and D-Day was but that movie changed that. (Though that movie is ridiculously inaccurate)

Yea, in the grand scheme of everything little stuff like that is just little but I try to make that little stuff have as much of an impact on a player as possible.

On 4/28/2019 at 1:28 AM, wansec_6 said:

G'day @Delta Hawk

Loving what you're delivering to the community. Do you have any plans for variants of your Boonie hats (e.g. rolled or folded brims)?

Eventually, yes.

12 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

I'm loving these uniforms the the accessories you've made for them. Very high quality and tons of variations to choose from. The pistol holster/belt is fantastic and works very well with other uniforms too, namely the vanilla A3 pilot uniform. Could you possibly add the leather GI gloves to the NVG slot?

I'll consider it but it should be possible.

• Like 13

speaking of ripstop or a lack thereof... is there any chance of winter-weight 50/50 nylon cotton BDUs?

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

speaking of ripstop or a lack thereof... is there any chance of winter-weight 50/50 nylon cotton BDUs?

The twill fabric?  Some of the BDUs are the twill (though not very good) but I do have plans on making special woodland BDUs with the twill fabric.

• Like 4

Do you plan on adding flight suits and flight vest in the future or are you just sticking to ground unit uniforms?

• Like 1

Saw this on the ArmA reddit. I know you said you wanted to add a function for custom name tapes, ranks, and insignias that was easy to use. GM has a system built in thats pretty easy to use. The player names was news to me though.

• Like 2

If you ever plan on adding the M17 I have actually a pretty good asset that I could donate , maybe hopefully save you some time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cu3b4ll said:

Saw this on the ArmA reddit. I know you said you wanted to add a function for custom name tapes, ranks, and insignias that was easy to use. GM has a system built in thats pretty easy to use. The player names was news to me though.

I don't know how they did this but it would be cool if mods could get access to those functions as well, it's a great feature in my opinion. I heard that GM uniforms also adapt to the soldier's rank, dynamically changing based on the attributes you set in the editor.

By the way @Delta Hawk, really appreciated the new alice kits, especially the mg variant since it's the role I play the most (or should I say, it's the only role I play 'cause I love it). Did some "Op. Just Cause" inspired stuff and played around a bit. Can't wait to see what's coming next. 😉

P.S. Guys, do you know if there are mods adding older scopes? Like the Aimpoint 2000/5000 series for example; I know that people mostly used iron sights at the time, but some of the lads I play with aren't really used to american ones and are having a bit of a hassle aiming down range.

2 hours ago, red_spring said:

P.S. Guys, do you know if there are mods adding older scopes? Like the Aimpoint 2000/5000 series for example; I know that people mostly used iron sights at the time, but some of the lads I play with aren't really used to american ones and are having a bit of a hassle aiming down range.

Try BOW: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=656182838

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Laqueesha said:

Thanks, I'll give it a spin. Have you tried CUP by any chance? I recall using it a long time ago and then switched to RHS, without touching it again. Does it have something I can use in that low tech context or it's just A2/A2:OA era stuff?

They've added some new variants of the M16A2, they might have some old optics, I personally prefer iron sights but the M68 Aimpoints work fine. On the topic of M16A2s I prefer GSTAVO M16s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, and while I'd normally agree with that sentiment @cu3b4ll, some people are bothered by having an optic on their gun that wasn't released until 2000, or 1993/97 if you want to count the early Comp models (Comp in 93, ML in 97). Then again, from a modeling perspective the 2000, 3000, and 5000 are quite literally just tubes with a battery case stuck on, and adding pic-compatible scope rings is a matter of just finding a pair. Plus Aimpoint's discontinued products section offers most of the dimensions to get the scale right....

Funny side note, the Comp was developed as a more compact solution for high-end IPSC shooters sticking Aimpoint 3000s and the like on their handguns, hence the name. So Aimpoint not only invented the red dot, but the first red dot for pistols as well, which ended up being a favorite for combat rifles. Huh 🤣

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cu3b4ll said:

They've added some new variants of the M16A2, they might have some old optics, I personally prefer iron sights but the M68 Aimpoints work fine. On the topic of M16A2s I prefer GSTAVO M16s.

Gonna check it out, thanks!

17 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Yeah, and while I'd normally agree with that sentiment @cu3b4ll, some people are bothered by having an optic on their gun that wasn't released until 2000, or 1993/97 if you want to count the early Comp models (Comp in 93, ML in 97). Then again, from a modeling perspective the 2000, 3000, and 5000 are quite literally just tubes with a battery case stuck on, and adding pic-compatible scope rings is a matter of just finding a pair. Plus Aimpoint's discontinued products section offers most of the dimensions to get the scale right....

Funny side note, the Comp was developed as a more compact solution for high-end IPSC shooters sticking Aimpoint 3000s and the like on their handguns, hence the name. So Aimpoint not only invented the red dot, but the first red dot for pistols as well, which ended up being a favorite for combat rifles. Huh 🤣

Heh, I'm an iron sight man as well, especially when I play as the russians. I kind of prefer the russian irons compared to the american ones. Don't really like the ring they usually have, but it's not too much of a bother honestly. The only times I use scopes are when I play in modern era settings, the Acog and the SU-230 are two favourites of mine, the Aimpoint gets the third position, right behind them.
Who would have thought, a pistol sight ending up becoming a sight for combat rifles. That's a funny fact indeed. 😂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, red_spring said:

Thanks, I'll give it a spin. Have you tried CUP by any chance? I recall using it a long time ago and then switched to RHS, without touching it again. Does it have something I can use in that low tech context or it's just A2/A2:OA era stuff?

They have some old stuff, like the M16A1 in there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We also have 727s (labeled as M16A2 carbines b/c markings and most ppl don't care about AR minutia), and all of our pre-RIS ARs and AKs are still LLM compatible thanks to barrel clamps. Plus they look snazzy. There's also a limited selection of IBAs and PASGT vests, and a lot of the older stuff has been reworked and made loved again
A1 w/ grenade launcher currently absent; didn't have time to fit it in before the latest CUPdate, but if you don't mind things breaking on occasion, dev builds are publicly available

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

We also have 727s (labeled as M16A2 carbines b/c markings and most ppl don't care about AR minutia), and all of our pre-RIS ARs and AKs are still LLM compatible thanks to barrel clamps. Plus they look snazzy. There's also a limited selection of IBAs and PASGT vests, and a lot of the older stuff has been reworked and made loved again
A1 w/ grenade launcher currently absent; didn't have time to fit it in before the latest CUPdate, but if you don't mind things breaking on occasion, dev builds are publicly available

Ooh, where can I get the juicy dev builds?

FYI the last niarms update also added some old school ARs, specifically A1s and A2s both with and without M203s. Unfortunately, as they were donated models and not actually made by toadie the models themselves aren't too great and their scale feels a little off. Config wise they're quite good though.

Dude, loving the new ALICE gear (especially the M203 grenade vest version!)  Very big improvement over the baseline ALICE gear in RHS GREF.  Nice stuff.

• Like 1

Is it possible with a version where the pants are not tucked into the shoes?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ruff said:

I actually came here to ask the same question. Would love to see this too!

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 3:26 PM, payne2010 said:

Do you plan on adding flight suits and flight vest in the future or are you just sticking to ground unit uniforms?

I'd love to but I'm busy with a lot of other stuff.  ArmA has always lacked good flight suits 😞

On 5/8/2019 at 11:35 AM, cu3b4ll said:

I'll definitely look into doing that!

On 5/8/2019 at 12:01 PM, yevgeni89 said:

If you ever plan on adding the M17 I have actually a pretty good asset that I could donate , maybe hopefully save you some time. 

Pm

On 5/8/2019 at 5:52 PM, red_spring said:

I don't know how they did this but it would be cool if mods could get access to those functions as well, it's a great feature in my opinion. I heard that GM uniforms also adapt to the soldier's rank, dynamically changing based on the attributes you set in the editor.

By the way @Delta Hawk, really appreciated the new alice kits, especially the mg variant since it's the role I play the most (or should I say, it's the only role I play 'cause I love it). Did some "Op. Just Cause" inspired stuff and played around a bit. Can't wait to see what's coming next. 😉

CUP added some good quality old school Aimpoints mostly seen in the early 2000s.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:38 PM, ruff said:

Not really, I didn't model them properly years ago so to make unbloused versions would require redoing a lot of work.

• Like 3