Is there going to be any MOPP suits or Gas Mask in the future? Love this mod keep up the good work Delta Hawk!

On 4/8/2019 at 2:46 PM, payne2010 said:

Is there going to be any MOPP suits or Gas Mask in the future? Love this mod keep up the good work Delta Hawk!

I would like to add MOPP gear, but time constraints prevent me from doing so.  I may at least in the future add gas mask pouches and the M17 and M40 gas masks.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:32 AM, Laqueesha said:

Yes, I would like to add females.  Despite stereotypes perpetuated by video games and films combat MOSs are not any more important than other MOSs in the military.  Women have always filled vital and important roles throughout the history of the US military, whether it's nurses, fuelers, aviation mechanics, air defense .etc, despite not historically being allowed to serve in combat MOS.  My goal has always been to authentically and faithfully portray the US military and women are a vital and intergrated part of our US armed forces, so yes, I would like to do that.

• Like 7

well if you do end up doing M17s, I've got the whole shebang if you want any refs. M17A1, carrier, M6A2 hood, and decon kit.

Good news everyone, Deltahawk is going rock climbing with friends!

At least that's what I think it is. He was mentioning something about gloves, harnesses, and someone named Alice over on Patreon

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Amazing mod and great work Deltahawk! One of, if not the finest US gear mod right now. Is there a possibility of adding PASGT helmets with camouflage scrim on it? It would fit very well for a Grenada/Panama mission. And besides that, they look really intimidating.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, F. Garay said:

Amazing mod and great work Deltahawk! One of, if not the finest US gear mod right now. Is there a possibility of adding PASGT helmets with camouflage scrim on it? It would fit very well for a Grenada/Panama mission. And besides that, they look really intimidating.

I plan on it, just don't know when I'll get around to it.  I'm still rolling the idea of how to even make it in my head.

Good news everybody!  I've updated my DHI Uniforms and Equipment mod to include basic, temporary LC2 gear and US GI Gloves.  The web gear is just a place holder for now, allowing me to move onto more important work.  It includes two rifleman sets, an officer's webgear, grenadier, machine gunner and guard duty pistol belt.  I've also included US GI gloves.  These are the famous US GI gloves that have been issued for decades and have their origins back in WWII.  Whether it's repelling, handling C wire, grabbing hot MG barrels or slapping people who think their political opinions matter these gloves will not fail you!

Arma3_x64_2019-04-23_14-53-01-96.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just for the record on how fast this got done, the ALICE rigs were finished less than a week ago and the gloves' mesh was finished yesterday

Tim is on a roll. 

I don't wanna spoil what's next, but I will say that there is a natural companion that went with ALICE gear most of the time...

Also, thanks a bunch for the pistol belt version. Will go nicely with MPs and the like. Hope that appears for the vests, too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice! I have a pair of those gloves I got back in 2009, still use them to this day.

• Like 2

Simple, durable utility gloves are timeless...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Just for the record on how fast this got done, the ALICE rigs were finished less than a week ago and the gloves' mesh was finished yesterday

Tim is on a roll. 

I don't wanna spoil what's next, but I will say that there is a natural companion that went with ALICE gear most of the time...

Also, thanks a bunch for the pistol belt version. Will go nicely with MPs and the like. Hope that appears for the vests, too

I did previously start reweighing the LC2 gear earlier but I finally did put it all together this week.  Yes, the gloves were done in one and half days.  I think they turned out pretty good.  Sometimes when I do stuff I look back and think "wow, I'm actually pretty good at this!"

15 hours ago, snackynak said:

Nice!

👍Just in time for a certain DLC!👍

Winter is coming.  I'm certain they'll be making their own US troops...  Hopefully what I have planned next will bring something new and different to the game that's never been done before, nor probably will ever be done.

• Like 9

I'm quite certain that my pair of gloves from boot had been in rotation since the Korean War. Those fuckers were stiff and shriveled as fuck and i could barely get my hands in em.

With this new update and Toadie's new oldschool AR's there is going to be some awesome 90's action now!

2 hours ago, khaosmatical said:

With this new update and Toadie's new oldschool AR's there is going to be some awesome 90's action now!

Sorry to take this off topic, but can you link me to information about the new ARs? I have not heard about them. 

Back on topic, have the new gloves been released? I thought they were added in with the other new stuff, but I cannot find them in the arsenal. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SterlingC said:

Sorry to take this off topic, but can you link me to information about the new ARs? I have not heard about them.

They will come with the next AR-15 pack update, she's currently uploading her patches but it'll take some time due to her slow internet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The gloves are facewear.  I wish there was more slots for accessories 😕 They're called US GI Gloves.

I don't mean to do a plug for CUP but I've always stood beside CUP since they've always had all the weapons from the 90s except for the M60.  They've recently updated the mod to include an M16A1 and a Colt M727 (labeled as M16A2 carbine) with and without a M203.  They have also updated the M16A2 with and without a M203.  These are actually very well modeled and one of the most accurate I've seen.

Interesting note if you're a nitpicker about history the M727 was never formally adopted by the US military.  Only Delta Force and I believe some Navy Seal units used the Colt M727.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just found out about that Cold War Germany DLC and it looks sick. I usually don't buy fan-made DLCs but this may be an exception.

Note that the gloves won't show up if you use the USM mod, so be forewarned. The CUP M16s are very good, though a recent update made them a bit anachronistic for Cold War/old school usage as they're now FN Herstal M16s and the M16s used in the old days were made by Colt, IIRC. I myself prefer the GSTAVO M16A2 pack as they're Colt ones, making them perfect for use with old school stuff, though they seem to have very high poly counts affecting FPS in some cases if your GPU is a bit old.

• Like 3

Queesh, what rock have you been hiding under to not hear about GM until yesterday??????

But yeah as far as CUP's classic weapons goes (and being an official tester I will happily plug), we were given permission for almost all of the stuff from ACEx2. The new M4, A4, and A2 came from that. The A1 was a project by Urban, thought the M203 did miss the release window;its coming next update and has been in dev builds for a couple weeks now (dev builds are now available publicly!).

The 727 (which is indeed labeled as m16a2 carbine as per IRL receiver markings, also because its simpler for those who dont care about the minutia of AR15 variants) was done by Dusin as a splice of A2 receiver bits and M4 Carbine everything else with "burst" scratched off and replaced with "auto", and while the 727 specifically was mostly particular to Delta, it can stand in as a reasonable facsimile of a number of A1 and A2-derived carbines used by USSOCOM and US allies throughout the 80s and 90s.

Originally the A2 carbine was going to be a burst gun a la XM4, but I pointed out to Dusin that the 727 (which is the specific model per the classname) is full auto. AFAIK, there are currently no plans for a burst XM4 carbine. Lastly, in the grand scheme of things who really gives AF about manufacturer markings. An A2 is an A2 is an A2. It's not like we're reenactors here lol

We're glad such an esteemed content creator as DeltaHawk enjoys our work (no shame in you plugging, since you have joined recently to do some textures), ACEx worked their butts off on their myriad models, and we are incredibly fortunate that they have allowed us to inherit them!

• Like 1

I just had a thought looking at the Flashlight on the vest, idk how hard this would be or if its even possible but it be pretty cool if the vest that have the flashlights actually work. So when you are doing them night ops with no NVGs you don't need a flash light on your gun! but that's just a thought I don't even know if it can be done.

Winter is coming.  I'm certain they'll be making their own US troops...  Hopefully what I have planned next will bring something new and different to the game that's never been done before, nor probably will ever be done.

Equipable WOOBIES confirmed!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, payne2010 said:

I just had a thought looking at the Flashlight on the vest, idk how hard this would be or if its even possible but it be pretty cool if the vest that have the flashlights actually work. So when you are doing them night ops with no NVGs you don't need a flash light on your gun! but that's just a thought I don't even know if it can be done.

There's a mod for that, I believe called Shoulder Mounted Light 

10 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

There's a mod for that, I believe called Shoulder Mounted Light 

oh yea I forgot about that mod, It would still be cool if it was on the fest and not on the shoulder.

19 hours ago, payne2010 said:

I probably won't put it on the vest, but if you know anything about me you'll know my views on Soldiers and Marines carrying M9 Beretta...so I may make a flashlight pistol.

21 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Lastly, in the grand scheme of things who really gives AF about manufacturer markings.

Tim's response

Spoiler

dog-smack.gif

On 4/25/2019 at 5:31 PM, Laqueesha said:

FN Herstal M16s

Yea, you should have seen my face when I looked at the markings on my M16A4 for the first time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Tim, I understand how you feel, but Arma 3 is about shooting stuff and winning, not examining minutia. Good details are a good thing, but when you're actually playing and not just playing soldier Barbie (….....) stuff like that tends to become suddenly less important

As far as my own preferences, Colt can't money, Minimi aside FN guns are top-shelf, and success of capitalism relies on actual competition. 

Besides, dog slap is better reserved for when I remind you about DESERT TIGERSTRIPE

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

when you're actually playing and not just playing soldier Barbie (….....)

people do this? I had heard stories but I didn't think there was any merit to them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3