On 1/31/2019 at 5:17 PM, Laqueesha said:

If you mean green, they're already in the mod.

It would have to be a bat with glasses to be able to call "GREEN" to that uniform that is included in the mod.

This is not the right place to ask but i have no idea where to do it.

What size should a camo picture be to use in texturing uniforms? i usually find small pictures don't really work because the pattern repeats too often.

The correct answer should be, the pattern reflects that used in the real world.

If you do detailed retexturing the pattern won’t repeat. The better retextured mods don’t slap a camo down as is and use it in the game. Instead, they ‘cut’ the camo to fit seams, pockets etc. this effectively breaks the camo pattern and looks more realistic.

But yeah, there’s a whole thread dedicated to modding and retextures.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/162-arma-3-addons-configs-scripting/

4 hours ago, kerozen said:

This is not the right place to ask but i have no idea where to do it.

What size should a camo picture be to use in texturing uniforms? i usually find small pictures don't really work because the pattern repeats too often.

look up pictures of the camo you are trying to make on real articles of clothing, try to match that. there's no hard rule to sizing camouflages, your texture resolution, your pattern resolution, and the actual size of the camouflage will all vary.

• Like 1

I love this mod -- truly some of the best, most detailed uniforms available in-game. Really looking forward to seeing your take on the 3rd pattern jungle fatigues -- especially if you plan to provide lowland ERDL versions of these!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, colosseum said:

I love this mod -- truly some of the best, most detailed uniforms available in-game. Really looking forward to seeing your take on the 3rd pattern jungle fatigues -- especially if you plan to provide lowland ERDL versions of these!

He already had lowland ERDL from the very start, he replaced it with highland ERDL.

15 hours ago, colosseum said:

3 hours ago, GordonWeedman said:

He already had lowland ERDL from the very start, he replaced it with highland ERDL.

In the future I may make TCUs, which will include lowland ERDL.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, colosseum said:

There was lowland, but it's now highland. If you want lowland, the closest thing I can think of is wsxcgy's RH retex, which has them.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:51 AM, Delta Hawk said:

In the future I may make TCUs, which will include lowland ERDL.

Forgive me for being an idiot but what are TCUs?

TCUs (Tropical Combat Uniform) are a version of the 3rd pattern OG-107 uniform modified for use in hot and humid climates, hence the name. They were the standard-issue battle dress for most US forces during the Vietnam War after their mass introduction in 1966, and were officially produced in olive green and ERDL by the US for the USArmF, while Tigerstripe copies made locally were popular as well. There may or may not have also been a khaki version of OG-107 for use in arid environments; I don't remember nor can I easily find sources or reference photos, and period photos of US forces in the southwest desert just wore OGs cause who cares, it's home duties

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 3:49 PM, GordonWeedman said:

Tropical Combat Uniform I believe.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:16 PM, Hvymtal said:

TCUs (Tropical Combat Uniform) are a version of the 3rd pattern OG-107 uniform modified for use in hot and humid climates, hence the name. They were the standard-issue battle dress for most US forces during the Vietnam War after their mass introduction in 1966, and were officially produced in olive green and ERDL by the US for the USArmF, while Tigerstripe copies made locally were popular as well. There may or may not have also been a khaki version of OG-107 for use in arid environments; I don't remember nor can I easily find sources or reference photos, and period photos of US forces in the southwest desert just wore OGs cause who cares, it's home duties

Thank you.

During the first BRIGHT STAR exercise in 1980 (probably the first major deployment of US troops to the Middle East since Operation Blue Bat in 1958) US Army personnel mostly wore ERDL and RDF fatigues with OG-107 patrol caps. Air Force personnel almost exclusively wore regular OG-107 uniforms. Given that the Iran Hostage Crisis and Russian invasion of Afghanistan had only occurred the year before, it's understandable that American military planners had not foreseen the need for a desert uniform up to that point.

BRIGHT_STAR__80_28.jpg

BRIGHT STAR '82 saw the first significant fielding of the Desert Battle Dress Uniform (which had been in development as early as the Six Day War of 1967 but was repeatedly shelved because Vietnam took precedence), although ERDL and OG was still in common use.

DF-ST-82-10120.jpeg

IIRC, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment attached to Task Force Ranger wore some kind of tan BDU (you can tell that they're not traditional flight suits because they're two pieces and Night Stalkers can clearly be seen blousing the pants in various photographs).

The only really good photo I can find of one is the prop uniform that Glenn Morshower wore in the film. It's definitely not an OG-107 judging from the position/number of pockets and covering over the buttons, but it might be partially based on it.

196843.jpg

Also obligatory begging for Delta Hawk (peace be upon him) to add Task Force Ranger equipment (PT Body Armor, Raid DCUs with shiny black boots, flag patches, flight suits) to USM.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nice pic of bright star!

The tan uniform is a two piece nomex flight suit. I remember when I was young I saw woodland versions worn by helicopter pilots on fort hood. They didn't look like the bdus my dad wore...at all.  I do want to make them, but they're not a high priority.

• Like 2

I love seeing photos of the Mitchell cover flying Autumn side out. Don't get to see it very often

(either that or it is just a plain khaki cover, in which case herpaderp carry on)

I also can't help but lol a bit at the use of lab safety goggles as dust goggles 🤣 

(Hey delta, have I given you your periodic reminder about our lord and savior, desert tigerstripe?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

I love seeing photos of the Mitchell cover flying Autumn side out. Don't get to see it very often

(either that or it is just a plain khaki cover, in which case herpaderp carry on)

They're ERDL Mitchell covers that have been painted over with a flat sand color. You can see the ERDL pattern underneath on the helmet on the left of this picture, where the cover has shifted a little:

fU2z8mF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2019 at 2:50 AM, ballistic09 said:

They're ERDL Mitchell covers that have been painted over with a flat sand color. You can see the ERDL pattern underneath on the helmet on the left of this picture, where the cover has shifted a little:

"Sir, we've made desert uniforms but have no helmet covers..."

"JUST PAINT 'EM SANDY DAMNIT!"

Such is Army life.

DF-ST-85-03677.jpeg

• Like 2

THERE'S an autumn side out! (dyed a bit, too)

Good news everybody. I've updated my DHI Uniforms mod to include PASGT helmets. As a result the name is now DHI Uniforms and Equipment. Due to popular demand I've added kneepads. As I continue work I'll be adding more equipment.  The next thing I'm going to work towards are M1 helmets with covers and added different goggles to the helmets starting with Sun Wind and Dust goggles.  

Spoiler

Change log

- Added Patron Nametapes (Thanks guys!)

- Added Kneepads (usm_kneepads_blk,usm_nvg_kneepads_blk) (glasses and NVG slot)

- Added Rhino mount (usm_rhinomount)

- Added PASGT helmets with cateyes/Rhino mount/Rhino mount W/strap)

- Added TDS

- Updated skivy wound texture

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

DHI_uniforms_and_gear.jpg

That "clammy skin, tender shoulders, squishy boot, 1stSgt making us do this damn march on a Friday because he wants a weekend that doesn't end with a call from the provost marshal's office" feeling.

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, jacobs said:

What is "TDS"?

File dependency management, nothing important.

Fixed armor issue with helmet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

I've updated my DHI Uniforms mod to include PASGT helmets.

• Haha 2

looks like a really nice update! can't wait to play around with it. I guess its time to retire those RHS PASGT retextures I did to match your uniforms.

also, if you need any references on things going forward, I've got a decent amount of shit I've collected. SWDGs, leather speedlace boots, wool watch cap, cold weather cap, MX-991/U, and a whole bunch of ALICE crap including the medium pack, IFAK, and E-Tool+carrier, plus all the normal stuff of course. I should also be getting a steel pot soon to pair with the M1 liner and woodland cover I already have. not that any of it is particularly complicated, but I figured I'd put it out there.

EDIT: picked up the M1 steel pot, also got a PASGT vest, will gladly provide reference shots if needed.

• Like 2

woohoo!

• Like 2