On 1/10/2019 at 11:11 AM, Delta Hawk said:

Thanks for the support guys.  Someone informed me who this person was and they'll be dealt with accordingly.

• Haha 4

Unrelated note, I distinctly remember a friend of mine from school, on the morning after the OBL raid, having a print-out of the CNN front page taped on his chest

He sure as hell got a high-five from me

• Haha 1

Honestly though, Why do you care DH? Its not like he's uploading it anywhere and claiming to be his. You literally found a photo on reddit in which the BDU wasn't even the point and witch hunted his ass. As far as i understand he retextured it for himself/his group. I get that its "Your baby" that you spent a lot of time on it for nothing, so there's a lot of emotional attachment, but thats kind of ridiculous, like if BIS forbid modding becouse it ruins "muh perfection". the "If you want it this way then make it yourself from scratch" which is not yet, but very close to the "patent everything" company bullshit that all it does is making things suck a bit more. Like when GM ordered OWI to cut HMMWV from Squad becouse they didn't pay them. Greedy c*nts dont have enough from the military contract, now they extort from people that they know have to pay them becouse it cannot be possible to portray something realistically without those assets. OWI said "screw that" and uses MRAP instead, but what if some other smartass gets the same idea with something actually essential?  Thats the reason MGS V has those fantasy weapons while all previous ones had real things. Also why Arma 3 is set in 2035, which, lets be honest, is an interesting setting, but completely sucks for millsim. RHS is basically a standard mod. Its all becouse of Money and stupid restrictions, nothing more. Looks like i went really off-topic there. Regardless- He wanted a Multishit BDU, he retextured yours, nothing more. Do whatever you want mate, i dont blame ya, the EULA is clearly there, he broke it. All i'm saying is that its a bit too restrictive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, TesACC said:

Honestly though, Why do you care DH? Its not like he's uploading it anywhere and claiming to be his. You literally found a photo on reddit in which the BDU wasn't even the point and witch hunted his ass. As far as i understand he retextured it for himself/his group. I get that its "Your baby" that you spent a lot of time on it for nothing, so there's a lot of emotional attachment, but thats kind of ridiculous, like if BIS forbid modding becouse it ruins "muh perfection". the "If you want it this way then make it yourself from scratch" which is not yet, but very close to the "patent everything" company bullshit that all it does is making things suck a bit more. Like when GM ordered OWI to cut HMMWV from Squad becouse they didn't pay them. Greedy c*nts dont have enough from the military contract, now they extort from people that they know have to pay them becouse it cannot be possible to portray something realistically without those assets. OWI said "screw that" and uses MRAP instead, but what if some other smartass gets the same idea with something actually essential?  Thats the reason MGS V has those fantasy weapons while all previous ones had real things. Also why Arma 3 is set in 2035, which, lets be honest, is an interesting setting, but completely sucks for millsim. RHS is basically a standard mod. Its all becouse of Money and stupid restrictions, nothing more. Looks like i went really off-topic there. Regardless- He wanted a Multishit BDU, he retextured yours, nothing more. Do whatever you want mate, i dont blame ya, the EULA is clearly there, he broke it. All i'm saying is that its a bit too restrictive

its HIS intellectual property and as such its HIS decision how people use HIS creation. If he doesn't want some twats messing with his shit and not even doing a good job at it, its his right. maybe it is restrictive but that's kind of the point. so what? as the wise prophet Mick Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want. that's life man. anyways, there's other options. the vanilla game itself has a BDU-style uniform that everyone is free to retexture. there's other mods that have more open EULAs that add stuff like this. there's plenty of other options besides fucking with DHI and infringing on his IP. attitudes like this are what drive people away from creating things for everyone to enjoy.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

its HIS intellectual property and as such its HIS decision how people use HIS creation. If he doesn't want some twats messing with his shit and not even doing a good job at it, its his right. maybe it is restrictive but that's kind of the point. so what? as the wise prophet Mick Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want. that's life man. anyways, there's other options. the vanilla game itself has a BDU-style uniform that everyone is free to retexture. there's other mods that have more open EULAs that add stuff like this. there's plenty of other options besides fucking with DHI and infringing on his IP. attitudes like this are what drive people away from creating things for everyone to enjoy.

Not to mention unlike GM and other companies he doesn’t earn any money with this mod. So, the comparison is flawed in this (and many other ways). Delta Hawk put many hours of his life into is, allows everyone to use it for free and all he asks in return is that no one violates the EULA by retexturing his stuff without permission.

• Like 4

Its just my opinion man, not "the ultimate truth". I can have those, so do you. Chill. The main point is- Why give a crap if someone changes/breaks a thing for himself? I'd personally draw the line on uploading it instead of "dont touch my shit, dont even look inside. Period." Which is well, harsh. And hurtful to the community. Imagine if everyone behave like that, imagine how much fewer and worse mods and missions we would have. Who never reverse engineered anything throw the first stone. Of course i'm talking about seeing how's something made, not outright ripping out like this guy, which im ok with AS LONG as he doesn't distribute it/pass as his own/whatever. Its a different story then.

To show you what i mean- There's a campaign called Cold War Crisis, its the OG Flashpoint campaign remade in A3. Lads called Lago, Kickass and Cnotk made it and did a tremendous job. Sadly, it uses 2010s RHS units. As i feel it would be better with actual 80s stuff so i'm slowly turning it to DH units. For myself. Because i want to play it that way. Maybe when i'm done i'll send it to the original creators, maybe they'll upload it as another version with some more dependencies, who knows.  Right now Its not affecting anyone other than me, and i'm not going to upload it or parts of it as my own. So whats the big deal that someone has a bit of fun with something you made? Live and let live mate. That is all.

As for the GM bit- well, now that i see it myself, that was really a pointless rant, wasn't it? I think it had to do more with venting some hatred towards some corporations out rather than actually being useful here, as it doesn't really make sense and can be read as mod maker bashing that it wasn't intended to be. I'll give you that. Just disregard it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

38 minutes ago, TesACC said:

The main point is- Why give a crap if someone changes/breaks a thing for himself? I'd personally draw the line on uploading it instead of "dont touch my shit, dont even look inside. Period." Which is well, harsh. And hurtful to the community.

In my view the “personal mods” out there that are “just for me” or “my group” are more hurtful to the community than ONE modder saying: “Please don’t touch my stuff.” It robs people like Delta Hawk of their motivation and shows a very basic lack of appreciation. And while it always starts with somebody doing it for themselves, it ends up in some modpack for the group/clan most of the times. In this particular case: Why even show pictures of the retexture if it is truly just for oneself?

Imagine if everyone behave like that, imagine how much fewer and worse mods and missions we would have. Who never reverse engineered anything throw the first stone.

As for the reverse engineering thing: Not much to reverse engineer with binarized models and there are plenty of texturing tutorials out there, if you want to learn how to create decent retextures. Heck, there are even source files for complete add-ons. Really no one needs to open Delta Hawks pbos if they want to learn anything about modeling/modding.

Also, in this case you could just ask Delta Hawk for help/advise.

To show you what i mean- There's a campaign called Cold War Crisis, its the OG Flashpoint campaign remade in A3. Lads called Lago, Kickass and Cnotk made it and did a tremendous job. Sadly, it uses 2010s RHS units. As i feel it would be better with actual 80s stuff so i'm slowly turning it to DH units. For myself. Because i want to play it that way. Maybe when i'm done i'll send it to the original creators, maybe they'll upload it as another version with some more dependencies, who knows.  Right now Its not affecting anyone other than me, and i'm not going to upload it or parts of it as my own. So whats the big deal that someone has a bit of fun with something you made? Live and let live mate. That is all.

Well, if the authors allow this, it is fine. If they don’t, it’s not – technically. If you don’t tell anybody, never show any screenshots and never release it, nobody will care because nobody knows. Same thing would be true for Delta Hawks add-ons by the way.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TesACC said:

Which is well, harsh. And hurtful to the community. Imagine if everyone behave like that, imagine how much fewer and worse mods and missions we would have. Who never reverse engineered anything throw the first stone.

You know, there's this crazy thing called "asking for permission before touching somebody else's stuff..." It's a radical concept, I know, but it used to be fairly commonplace in this community.

The only reason not to ask is if you know you're going against the author's wishes from the start. Being a dick and disrespecting an original author's wishes just so you can leech off of bits of their work is far more harmful to the community than a dev saying, "don't reverse engineer my shit without my permission." Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

• Like 10

Hi Tim, your work is amazing.  Thank you very much for sharing it!  My friends and I have had a lot of fun with this and USM!

One thing that would be really nice to have is a high rolled version of the tucked uniform.  I don't know how hard that would be to do and I'm sure you want to avoid bloating the uniform list, but it would be perfect for scenarios with armies that tuck in their blouses and roll their sleeves, like the French.

Anyway, just a thought.  I'm sorry someone messed with your creations like that, really.

• Like 3

On 09/01/2019 at 7:25 PM, Delta Hawk said:

Well this mod was release for barely a month and someone already retextured it smh.  All it takes is for one joker to ruin it for everyone else.  If anyone knows who did this please let me know.

*insert joke about how the US Army ripped off Crye Precision's intellectual property by stealing Multicam and stamping "OPERATIONAL CAMOUFLAGE PATTERN" all over it here*

I despise Multicam with a passion rivaling CNN's hatred of President Trump but even I have to admit that Crye Precision should be paid for their work.

I swear, the Department of Defense makes New York bankers look like honest hardworking Yeomen.

Edited by R0adki11
removed image - no quoting images as per forum rules.

9 minutes ago, extracrispi said:

*insert joke about how the US Army ripped off Crye Precision's intellectual property by stealing Multicam and stamping "OPERATIONAL CAMOUFLAGE PATTERN" all over it here*

I despise Multicam with a passion rivaling CNN's hatred of President Trump but even I have to admit that Crye Precision should be paid for their work.

I swear, the Department of Defense makes New York bankers look like honest hardworking Yeomen.

Crye WAS paid for their work back in the late 90's/early 00's; and because Scorpion W2 was made under contract for the Army, the Army retained intellectual rights to it. Later on Crye modified it just enough to avoid legal problems (adding certain extra patterns, as well as changing the color scheme up a bit) into what we now know as Multicam. In the early 10's the Army was looking to replace UCP with something new, Natick submitted their updated Scorpion (modifying the color pallet to be similar to Multicam) along side other patterns, like US4CES. Multicam was expressly disqualified from the competition because Crye wanted to charge too much for royalties, so Crye submitted something else. And the rest, as they say, is history and off topic. :whistle:

• Like 1

Wow, interesting conversation.  Before I jump into this issue I want to let you all know I've updated the Steam Workshop item.  Changelog below.  I've also added a key.

Spoiler

V1.05
- Added Patron Nametapes
- Added new desert BDUs
- Added tan and black skivies
- Updated ERDL to highland (I will always confuse the two)
- Updated Portugal Lizard
- Fixed extra skin bug
- Fixed desert boonies
- Fixed urban BDUs

On 1/16/2019 at 2:44 PM, TesACC said:

Honestly though, Why do you care DH? Its not like he's uploading it anywhere and claiming to be his. You literally found a photo on reddit in which the BDU wasn't even the point and witch hunted his ass. As far as i understand he retextured it for himself/his group.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:15 AM, TesACC said:

The main point is- Why give a crap if someone changes/breaks a thing for himself? I'd personally draw the line on uploading it instead of "dont touch my shit, dont even look inside. Period."

I care because it's my work.  I don't allow retextures for specific reasons.  I don't charge people for my work (for the record I'm against players paying for addons).  All I ask is for people to respect my wishes and EULA that I have created for specific reasons, which is a small request for what I hope is a great addon to use for free.  I get it, it's difficult for some people to do something so simple and easy.

And you can't justify someone retexturing someone else's work with trying to figure out how to do something.  It's also not a matter of opening a pbo to figure out how to do something.  Everything anybody needs to figure out how to make a uniform addon is freely available on the internet...except for heart and you're not going to find that in someone else's work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 9

Awww, no desert tiger :(
One day

Glad to see the patreon nametags though! Looking forward to it :)

Too late for this update, but I'm just gonna leave this right here..... https://www.patreon.com/deltahawk/

BTW I should reiterate my appreciation that you don't use flags on your uniforms. That lets people like me who prefer fictional factions to avoid IRL bullshit to have awesome things like this: 

7F5E83B8C33524D6C1101A0E8B6C5CC199D377DC

Man Ace Combat is so awesome

PS: Your Portugese DPM is still being referred to as Lizard

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

Wow, interesting conversation.  Before I jump into this issue I want to let you all know I've updated the Steam Workshop item.  Changelog below.  I've also added a key.

Hide contents

V1.05
- Added Patron Nametapes
- Added new desert BDUs
- Added tan and black skivies
- Updated ERDL to highland (I will always confuse the two)
- Updated Portugal Lizard
- Fixed extra skin bug
- Fixed desert boonies
- Fixed urban BDUs

Could you add removable kneepads like you have with USM?

I'm so close perfecting a Task Force Ranger impression

when-youre-gunning-down-somalians-at-bak

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

BTW I should reiterate my appreciation that you don't use flags on your uniforms. That lets people like me who prefer fictional factions to avoid IRL bullshit to have awesome things like this:

Or real life stuff like this:

ubQkh7w.jpg

:wink_o:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Mr fingolfin (lord of all noldor), where can I find this vest?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jacobs said:

Mr fingolfin (lord of all noldor), where can I find this vest?

It's a retexture of the RHSSAF MD-12 vest. This particular texture isn’t released yet, but you can find a version in tan and M81 woodland in my AAF mod.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/28/2019 at 6:17 AM, fingolfin said:

That's one sexy Iraqi!

On 1/27/2019 at 8:56 PM, Hvymtal said:

Awww, no desert tiger 😞
One day

Glad to see the patreon nametags though! Looking forward to it 🙂

Too late for this update, but I'm just gonna leave this right here..... https://www.patreon.com/deltahawk/

BTW I should reiterate my appreciation that you don't use flags on your uniforms. That lets people like me who prefer fictional factions to avoid IRL bullshit to have awesome things

Man Ace Combat is so awesome

Ooh, Ace Combat! I would get AC7 but I'm broke AF right now. It's almost 90 dollars on Steam!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Laqueesha said:

That's one sexy Iraqi!

Words seldom heard in this combination. :grinning:

But thanks! :wink_o:

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2019 at 7:56 PM, Hvymtal said:

The class name is usm_portliz, so I would have to change the classname to portdpm.

On 1/28/2019 at 3:58 AM, extracrispi said:

Could you add removable kneepads like you have with USM?

I'm making a separate mod for gear that will include kneepads 😉

On 1/28/2019 at 5:17 AM, fingolfin said:

insert awesome picture

That is freakin great. Just glancing at it on my phone looks like a real picture.  You should post that on twitter or something.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:50 AM, Laqueesha said:

That's one sexy Iraqi!

2 hours ago, fingolfin said:

Words seldom heard in this combination. :grinning:

But thanks! :wink_o:

lol couldn't agree more.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello @Delta Hawk, could you add this texture to your uniforms? also a variant of the caps of the same color. Additionally, do you think you could add a check of your uniform using the belt shown in this photo?

uniforme-1.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yurichenk said:

Hello @Delta Hawk, could you add this texture to your uniforms?

If you mean green, they're already in the mod.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1