2 hours ago, Malcain said:

It's kind of unethical to call "just a hobby" all the content, without which Arma would be just another dead game.

Edit: I may sound too much entitled, but "symbiosis" is a better term.

I'm not sure if you know this but in a symbiotic relationship two separate entities benefit from each other.

4 hours ago, red_spring said:

This is some fap material. Looking forward to seeing it in game! :eyeheart:

I really like the mod, it's perfect for some good old 80/90's action (and not only for that, of course). Only things that are missing are vests and helmets, but I'll eagerly wait for them; here's a little something, as a token of appreciation (I had to use other mods to make complete loadouts, but whatever, I thought you might appreciate):

Thanks!  Looks great.  I'm excited to see people be creative with the mod!

• Like 5

Looks like CUP beat you to it with regards to US infantry gear. ALICE rigs, PASGT Vests, and IBAs all nice and fancy-lookin.

Snipped from CUP thread (edit: properly embedded US Army image, added woodland image)

Spoiler

20181207124822_1.jpg?width=1618&height=9

co3ZGF5.jpg

R41KppN.jpg

Still, it is CUP and thus it is meant to be more serviceable than pretty. I for one will still be waiting very patiently for the eventual rework of all your old stuffs. in the meantime, we've got some gear that will be good enough for army work... for now :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Looks like CUP beat you to it with regards to US infantry gear. ALICE rigs, PASGT Vests, and IBAs all nice and fancy-lookin.

Snipped from CUP thread

Still, it is CUP and thus it is meant to be more serviceable than pretty. I for one will still be waiting very patiently for the eventual rework of all your old stuffs. in the meantime, we've got some gear that will be good enough for army work... for now :)

For IBAs, a guy named Simkas had some good ones for ArmA 3, but he unfortunately never released them. VTN mod also has an IBA though it's not perfect.

• Like 1

There's also the USF2000 IBAs, which are probably the best available in terms of variety though the color balance needs work relative to USM, if simcardo is particularly bothered by it. I'm not a fan of VTN in general, tying the gear and the mechanics together like that. They have really nice stuff but I don't necessarily want the mechanics associated with it all the time. The CUP IBAs look like spruced-up versions of the Arma 1 versions

• Like 1

Wow, I'm glad so many people are already making this equipment!  CUP does great work, can't wait for the update.  USF2000 is a great mod too.  If you guys haven't checked out the TAC VEST mod I highly recommend it.  A huge advantage of remaking the body's to A3's size is now my BDUs are compatible with all of these other mods.

• Like 6

TAC vests are where the generic green and black body armor came form for the promotional photos. It's quite nice and gives a lot of both USSOCOM-specific items along with a healthy dose of very useful generic items including some snazzy items with POLICE written all over, if you care about that kind of thing

Having recently become a CUP tester and with the #CUPdate being inbound (thus no fear of posting something they don't want known yet), I immediately put the new CUP gear alongside Delta's BDUs. I'm pleased to say that while it's not a perfect match, it's plenty close. "Good enough for Army Work"

Spoiler

Delta's Uniforms, CUP's Kit

C7E7DD1B498996687BCB2DD5436790938BDCE12B

921C6219EDA05BB368893DA011ABD14A4D9ACC00

B528ED2A7ECA197EE6A10BD9AC02EA480B8244F0

The only one that's really noticeable is DCU (kinda), and the Olive Drab, but even then it's not a deal-breaker. IBA is slightly lighter. 

1F5005E86924D9757C88FC2557BF9D69C0C9B365

Also note the newly resized and recolored M1 helmet. Woodland M1 is a bit further off of Delta's woodland, but again, not a big deal, early 80s is no problem.

2EE313F9EBF0AC0D78A218AE9F92D28CA8A129AE

For those wondering, unfortunately it is not possible at this time to get the PASGT vest without the ALICE suspenders, for now

Community Factions Pack will have some more of the new kit to play with, as well, but CFP isn't part of CUP's dev build program, so no close-ups from me. Also be aware that the inventory space is super limited, so bring your own rucks

• Like 3

Hmm, CUP's IBA doesn't look half bad. Though I have CUP installed and can't find it in the editor for some reason.

1 hour ago, Laqueesha said:

Hmm, CUP's IBA doesn't look half bad. Though I have CUP installed and can't find it in the editor for some reason.

It's coming in their next update 

• Like 1

The CUPdate didnt derp* until earlier today, again I was granted tester status. The changelog is a leviathan so I'll let you check it out yourself. That being said, GabeN is reportedly being a mofo with upload speeds as usual, give it a couple hours. CFP's update is due tomorrow assuming GabeN doesn't just straight up say "nope.avi" to Tiger

Rest in pepperoni old RACS, you will be missed (until/unless you return at some point)

*I meant drop but I'm leaving that as it is. 

Edit: At this point in time (0900 GMT-7), Ofot reports that upload is finally freaking finished for workshop. Workshop users, CUPdate imminent

On 12/20/2018 at 10:08 PM, Hvymtal said:

*snip*

The IBAs look good, best released ones I've seen yet for A3. The M1 helmet's camo cover looks fine; I think it's supposed to be highland ERDL which is why it looks different from M81.

So I'm preparing an update.  One of the things I'm changing will be the ERDL from lowland to highland.  There's pictures confirming they made and issued very early BDU prototypes in highland ERDL.

I will be also fixing the skivies model issue, the American flag issue, and the urban BDUS along with adding Patreon nametapes.  I haven't decided on adding any new camos yet.  A lot of people have been making suggestions and I'm considering each of them but I need to limit any more textures because I plan on upgrading all of the textures to 4k, which will increase the file size quiet a bit (thankfully I just added a 4tb hard drive).  This mod was never mean to include every single camo, but rather ones that are typical for BDUs.

New_ERDL.png

• Like 11

Has T-pattern been suggested yet? I know it was only experimental, but it would add a nicely unique urban camouflage pattern, that was actually used on BDUs.

Spoiler

T-pattern_BDU_Coat.JPG

Also, wouldn't highland ERDL basically be the same as the woodland that's already in the mod?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

So I'm preparing an update.  One of the things I'm changing will be the ERDL from lowland to highland.  There's pictures confirming they made and issued very early BDU prototypes in highland ERDL.

I will be also fixing the skivies model issue, the American flag issue, and the urban BDUS along with adding Patreon nametapes.  I haven't decided on adding any new camos yet.  A lot of people have been making suggestions and I'm considering each of them but I need to limit any more textures because I plan on upgrading all of the textures to 4k, which will increase the file size quiet a bit (thankfully I just added a 4tb hard drive).  This mod was never mean to include every single camo, but rather ones that are typical for BDUs.

Will the update contain changed classnames, so it won t conflict with the USM mod?

Regards.

• Like 2

I've seen a few of the highland ERDL hot weather uniforms first hand. there was the early ones made with leftover fabric from vietnam (mostly old ERDL highland, sometimes lowland) and the later productions that were made with new prints with colors identical to the later Woodland pattern you see on the BDU (just smaller). if that picture above is supposed to be the ERDL, I'd recommend downscaling the pattern a bit more. this forum post has a nice comparison of some of the patterns for reference. also felt inspired and threw together a PSD of the ERDL/Woodland pattern with the roller slips of the early productions from the 60s simulated if you're interested. you'll probably want to adjust the colors, hopefully I've left it in a workable state, the repeat is only horizontal, shouldn't be a problem though.

• Like 3

Well this mod was release for barely a month and someone already retextured it smh.  All it takes is for one joker to ruin it for everyone else.  If anyone knows who did this please let me know.

0hhj7mdzla921.png

• Sad 2

Unfortunately I have no useful information, but may I bemoan the fact that in the current era of tacticool we are drunk on Multicam and AR-15s?

Oh well, anyhow that Multicam is pretty decent. Shame it was done without your permission... 

(No, Tim, like the annoying little shit I am, I still haven't forgotten about Desert Tiger xD)

• Sad 1

The guy didn't even get the scale right. Can't read, can't get the scaling right. Is there anything that mouth-breathing, knuckle dragging, window licker CAN do right?

• Sad 2

who the fuck even puts multicam on a BDU. this is ridiculous.

• Like 10

Thanks for the support guys.  Someone informed me who this person was and they'll be dealt with accordingly.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

Well this mod was release for barely a month and someone already retextured it smh.  All it takes is for one joker to ruin it for everyone else.  If anyone knows who did this please let me know.

0hhj7mdzla921.png

Same joker is also illegally hosting Community Factions Project in said joker's "mod".  Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2