1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

I was under the impression that the current ERDL was Lowland, due to how green the "tan" color was (might have been my monitor settings...). If it is the case the the current is highland and you want lowland, more power to you, since it would more readily differentiate it from Woodland.

oops, you're right.  I just mispoke.  The current one is lowland, I'm thinking about switching it to highland.

I'll have to see how bad the conflict is to determine if I should switch the names.  In the long run (if even years but hopefully not) all the old USM stuff would get redone.

It definitely affects uniforms that appear in both USM and DHI BDU, though it does seem to depend on the load order. I'm not sure about the headgear, if there is a conflict, then I can't really check easily because of the total overlap other than compare the BDUs and headgear. I'm taking pics of some apparent conflicts right now, I'll get back to you in PM when I have some solid examples

Edit: Details in the PM. Summary for forumgoers is that the full-sleeve, untucked versions of Black, DCU, DCU-Marines, and Wood Urban are overridden by USM and do not appear. Woodland and Choco Desert are spared due to having differing classnames (w vs wdl and d vs des). DCU Special with the black shirt and boots is spared, and no other variations are affected. Load order has no effect either way so long as both mods are in the list somewhere.

Also, every single piece of headgear is overridden by USM; USM's old textures now seem to take primacy over DHI, leading to cases of sometimes wild mismatches. Wood Urban and Choco Desert are the best examples:

Spoiler

DHI

3C826BAF6E8E03E4D4D31B737629641983F1AED7

DHI + USM

89E07D6ADA74729E007731D3936669C8E97CAAC7

DHI

8BD9718437C96FED581518CB89B462A9D627CD80

DHI+USM

375776FF4AA80B7E43B2DFD925B18DAD354E302E

Don't mind the vest, I originally took these pictures for Delta's benefit and used the vest clipping to differentiate old and new uniforms, old corresponding only to itself and roughly RHS Russian fitment, and new corresponding to Arma 3 standard fitment

I shot some fix-it ideas to him. We'll see what he does. 

On the ERDL thing, I'd personally like lowland to stay in some way, as it offers a similar-but-distinct alternative to Highland/Woodland, whereas Highland is literally just smaller woodland.

• Like 4

I know you plan on adding more gear, but I was just wondering if you have plans to add an M1 with woodland cover? I think it'd be perfect for some late 70's/early 80's scenarios. 

• Like 5

Oh if an M1 were to show up I'd want more than just Woodland :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Broseph_Stalin90 said:

I know you plan on adding more gear, but I was just wondering if you have plans to add an M1 with woodland cover? I think it'd be perfect for some late 70's/early 80's scenarios. 

I would like to add M1 helmets with covers, but I would only do the usually camos for M1s.

As for the conflict between USM and DHI if it's just clipping issues and odd colors I may just leave it.  The long, long term goal is to update everything.  I have to think about it and get feedback.

• Like 5

Hello, thank you for mod, really nice.

I have a question, there is no template for nametapes? 

Cheers.

• Like 1

Any plans to incorporate elements of this into USM (ex. replacing the existing BDU models/adding unit/flag patches) or vise versa (resizing and porting vests from USM to this)?

Also, are kneepads still a hidden feature like USM or no?

On 12/2/2018 at 6:03 AM, Ulmann said:

I have a question, there is no template for nametapes?

I will be rolling out the nametape template soon.  Right now there's a bunch of developer garbage in the .psd that I need to clean out.

20 hours ago, extracrispi said:

Any plans to incorporate elements of this into USM (ex. replacing the existing BDU models/adding unit/flag patches) or vise versa (resizing and porting vests from USM to this)?

Also, are kneepads still a hidden feature like USM or no?

No, the USM mod is old.  I make remake some of the gear but that's an extremely time consuming process.  The USM mod aged well but I will have to put even more effort into redoing the equipment.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

I will be rolling out the nametape template soon.  Right now there's a bunch of developer garbage in the .psd that I need to clean out.

No, the USM mod is old.  I make remake some of the gear but that's an extremely time consuming process.  The USM mod aged well but I will have to put even more effort into redoing the equipment.

I thought you said you wanted to update everything to the new models?

USM  may be old, but it's by far your most popular mod and while this one is a great too, a lot of communities are going to opt to use one mod and but not the other (if I were to guess, many would keep using USM but not adopt DHI for the sake of saving disk space or whatnot). It would be nice to get some of the features for DHI such as the ability to attach unit and flag patches or if all else fails, fixed BDU, DCU, and DBDU models with the flag/unit patches of say the Army's 10 most famous units (101st and 82nd Airborne, 75th Rangers, US Army Special Forces, USASOC, 1st Armored, 1st Infantry, 1st Cavalry, etc.). Some BDU and DCU models using the standard black leather boots instead of jungle/tan (BDUs nominally came with black and DCUs were frequently issued in black as late as 2004) would also be nice.

One last thing, I found this picture US Army Special Forces in Bosnia wearing Ranger Body Armor with flag patches and black SWAT vests. I just thought you might like it.

AP_9904120673.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, extracrispi said:

USM  may be old, but it's by far your most popular mod and while this one is a great too, a lot of communities are going to opt to use one mod and but not the other (if I were to guess, many would keep using USM but not adopt DHI for the sake of saving disk space or whatnot). It would be nice to get some of the features for DHI such as the ability to attach unit and flag patches or if all else fails, fixed BDU, DCU, and DBDU models with the flag/unit patches of say the Army's 10 most famous units (101st and 82nd Airborne, 75th Rangers, US Army Special Forces, USASOC, 1st Armored, 1st Infantry, 1st Cavalry, etc.). Some BDU and DCU models using the standard black leather boots instead of jungle/tan (BDUs nominally came with black and DCUs were frequently issued in black as late as 2004) would also be nice.

One last thing, I found this picture US Army Special Forces in Bosnia wearing Ranger Body Armor with flag patches and black SWAT vests. I just thought you might like it.

Most popular?  It was my only one for A3 :P But thank you!  Again, I would like to redo the whole USM mod, but that would be extremely time consuming.  There might be a solution to this but we'd have to see how it works out.  And to be honest, without a decent, inclusive weapon pack I would be stuck with requiring CUP for authentic weapons, or RHS, which doesn't even have a M16A2.  At this point I would probably be better off making separate mods of uniforms, vests and headgear that includes more than the normal military issued gear and let other's make their own config mods to create units.

Those guys look like Delta.

• Like 8

Yup, I'm pretty sure they're 1st SFOD-D.  Where did you get that picture?  Wait, nevermind, apparently this was Kosovo in the late 90s.

On 04/12/2018 at 7:25 AM, extracrispi said:

Tac Vests mod released a vest really similar to this one. 

Edited by jacobs
Removing the image from the quote

Hey guys, here's the nametape template https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoq56saz4x2u1c2/nametapes template.psd?dl=0.  The font being used is Allstar.  This font most resembles the font that is sewed onto the nametapes for the US military.  To use your texture you'll have to include it in the mission folder.  If you would like your nametape included in the mod for ease of use visit my Patreon page for more information.

How to make your nametape

Spoiler

Open up the photoshop file with a 2d editing software.  Turn on all of the layers for either OD green or Desert.  Edit the text line for name.  Turn on the layer for branch of service or make your own military organization.  Choose what rank you want.  Most ranks are included for Army and Marines.  If using Army ranks make sure you turn on the layer for the cloth part that best fits the size of the rank.  Choose what badges are present if any.  Save the file as a 32 bit .tga file.  You should name the file "branch of service_rank_name_odg or des_ca"  So for me it would be "marines_cpl_hawk_odg_ca".  Use texview or what have you and save it as a .paa.  Place in your mission file for use.

To use it in game you'll need to use the setobjecttexture command, which you can learn more about here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture.  The code will look something like this "this setobjecttexture
[0,"enter the location to your texture\name of your texture_ca.paa"]"

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 11:19 PM, Delta Hawk said:

Hey guys, here's the nametape template https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoq56saz4x2u1c2/nametapes template.psd?dl=0.  The font being used is Allstar.  This font most resembles the font that is sewed onto the nametapes for the US military.  To use your texture you'll have to include it in the mission folder.  If you would like your nametape included in the mod for ease of use visit my Patreon page for more information.

Hi, Delta! I was wondering if you could extend the nametape texture to include more parts of the uniform. Like the old USM mod, which included the chest pockets (and the right nametape was bigger). Perhaps the pocket flaps and chest pockets, and a nametape on the right rear pocket (like USMC and USN do). I've added a picture to demonstrate:

YAYb7K5.jpg

P.S. Is there a way to get patches on the right sleeve?

On 12/7/2018 at 12:21 AM, Laqueesha said:

Hi, Delta! I was wondering if you could extend the nametape texture to include more parts of the uniform.

P.S. Is there a way to get patches on the right sleeve?

It can't extend that much unfortunately.  That's a lot of real estate which means larger textures.  For the most part it'll stay the way it is.

So the patch on the right sleeve is for the clan.  Don't look at me, look at BIS.  Bless their hearts, but a proper nametape/shoulder patch system is far overdue.  Unless I can get a general consensus with what to do with the other sleeve or I someone can create a module that assigned patches it'll have to stay that way.

I want to show you all what I'm working on now.  The BDUs are basically done.  I make change and or add a camo later, but for now this is my priority.  It's just plain Jane PASGT helmets but hopefully the quality will last for ten years.

1?token-time=2145916800&token-hash=HYRU_

• Like 15

Tim actually has a PASGT in late 90s/early noughts trim, you can bet your bottom it'll be done properly :)

I asked a few questions on patreon and seeing as the cat's out of the bag now, I'll relay what he answered. His pic he had of his lid had the NVG bracket with the overhead tension strap. I asked if this configuration would be available:

I will include the strap for special helmets, but not for normal military helmets.

I also asked about helmets without covers and alternate chinstraps (3pt marine, 4pt MICH are what I had in mind), but got no answer. Whatever his specific plans are, things are progressing at what appears to be a good pace so far. 

• Like 1

I absolutely love the quality on your uniforms, and I can't wait to see the rest of the gear, so to see you've already done some work on the helmets makes me super excited! Small note though, are the uniforms supposed to have so little inventory space? I understand the vanilla uniforms might seem a bit too roomy, but the BDUs have so little inventory space, with ACE I can barely carry a few morphine sticks in them! It would be nice they had a bit more space, if that's okay with you.

• Like 4

According to the Marines, the pockets are just there to look pretty

• Like 1

definitely wouldn't expect them any time soon because I understand the kind of time it would take, not even factoring in all the other things that need to be done with this and with your other projects, but is there any chance IBAs are on your radar at all? they cover a pretty big time-span with overlaps with this project and no one has really done them well in arma 3, let alone done them delta hawk style.

• Like 2

I very much would like to do IBAs.  I actually made one for A2 but if never got past 3ds Max.  While the HP is still good I would have to redo the low poly, which of course would take time.  I work full time and do this in my spare time, so at this rate if I did make IBAs it wouldn't be until late next year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delta Hawk said:

I very much would like to do IBAs.  I actually made one for A2 but if never got past 3ds Max.  While the HP is still good I would have to redo the low poly, which of course would take time.  I work full time and do this in my spare time, so at this rate if I did make IBAs it wouldn't be until late next year.

Don't worry about it, after all addon making is always just a hobby. I am sure people can wait.:f:

• Like 5

I dunno what you're talking about, ya chump! I want IBAs and I want them no-

uc?export=view&id=1roCMytdIGWorMwY_LYASD

Oh yeah, no problem, take all the time you need dawg, no pressure, I can wait forever if I have to!! *Nervous smile*

For real tho we do want your stuff whenever its in a release-ready state, but it's your ship we're on and you set the priorities

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 9:22 PM, Delta Hawk said:

I want to show you all what I'm working on now.  The BDUs are basically done.  I make change and or add a camo later, but for now this is my priority.  It's just plain Jane PASGT helmets but hopefully the quality will last for ten years.

--snippety snap, the image is gone--

This is some fap material. Looking forward to seeing it in game! :eyeheart:

I really like the mod, it's perfect for some good old 80/90's action (and not only for that, of course). Only things that are missing are vests and helmets, but I'll eagerly wait for them; here's a little something, as a token of appreciation (I had to use other mods to make complete loadouts, but whatever, I thought you might appreciate):

58971D7B4A6AFA077FAA38C852B9AA8E342218E3
              695CC2F91322369B20061EF3A22E2353D0BCC305
              C9BB62D98143B30CB5B82523D3528508DDF55AD8
              032BB1E1D8A6150FE206D66FFCE7AED86C189F7D
              4BE861D8ACB22259D8F1E13FF2E6A65A71EAE94C

• Like 3

13 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Don't worry about it, after all addon making is always just a hobby. I am sure people can wait.:f:

It's kind of unethical to call "just a hobby" all the content, without which Arma would be just another dead game.

Edit: I may sound too much entitled, but "symbiosis" is a better term.

• Confused 2