I am trying to create a LAN server so me and my brother can play on it but it never shows up on his computer. We are connected to the same internet, it always worked in arma 2 I can't see why its not working now. If anyone can help me, please do!

Guessing you are connecting the two computers directly or via another "LAN" device. Sometimes in LAN only the one computer can see the other. For Arma reasons....

It is a common occasion. To solve it you can try plugging and unplugging the LAN cables, changing where you connect the cables(if you use some sort of device and you do not connect the two computers directly) restarting the game multiple times and such. 

Oh and you can block the internet so as to be able to turn off your firewall and antivirus program. They might be blocking your game.

Not a scientific solution but it is the only one that works :thumbsup:

Most of the times...

And trying to play in LAN makes you lucky by the way. Other people cannot see each other online and they turn to other programs such as hamachi. 

7 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

Guessing you are connecting the two computers directly or via another "LAN" device. Sometimes in LAN only the one computer can see the other. For Arma reasons....

It is a common occasion. To solve it you can try plugging and unplugging the LAN cables, changing where you connect the cables(if you use some sort of device and you do not connect the two computers directly) restarting the game multiple times and such. 

Oh and you can block the internet so as to be able to turn off your firewall and antivirus program. They might be blocking your game.

Not a scientific solution but it is the only one that works :thumbsup:

Most of the times...

And trying to play in LAN makes you lucky by the way. Other people cannot see each other online and they turn to other programs such as hamachi. 

I have a feeling it was the firewall since arma 2 was allowed and arma 3 wasnt. Thank you very much!

• Like 1