What is so hard to believe?

A guys gets into contact with me to help on a couple of aspects.

I share my files with him.

He then throws a tantrum because he wants to change things set in place 12 months ago.

Less that 24 hours later my work shows up on steam and then here.

Simple story and not an uncommon one if youve been around here for awhile...

On 9/21/2019 at 7:39 PM, .kju said:

The fact of the matter is you have very little understanding of modding this engine, think only you can do things, and if a config looks similar to yours, it must be stolen.

Bis dont seem to think so.

Again talking about me, and again lying.

What is so hard to believe?

A guys gets into contact with me to help on a couple of aspects.

I contacted you and I told you clearly, I was doing my version of South Asia and you published yours. Look at your mod and share with you the improvements that mine included.
Nor did he have the 8 digits on the map strings (which makes it impossible for the AI to know where it is and where it is going), of sharing the start image of the map for a more polished distribution, I indicated and shared the ILS code of the South Asia airports.

I share my files with him.

You didn't share any files with me, I had to do everything about my code and share it with you.

He then throws a tantrum because he wants to change things set in place 12 months ago.

The one who got angry was you, when I wanted to "separate our paths" I literally told him. All because you didn't want to modify your work, or add roads, or restore the old sky in the Take on Helicopters style.

Less that 24 hours later my work shows up on steam and then here.

My project was finished before I spoke with you the first time, it was not published before because I like to collaborate on many projects. The difference is that I do not strut and I scream all day how wonderful I am. Since February without uploading anything, I'm still working and I can't go up the DMCA. Think...

Simple story and not an uncommon one if youve been around here for awhile...

Very rare story, of a person who separates official code of Arma 2 and Take on Helicopters, modifies it and says that he has created a mod that nobody can replicate. The first one that used another's code, was you... The Bohemia Interactive code.

I am not a programmer, I copy and modify code. But I put my references and share my code freely (good codes, not yours).
I am a graphic designer, I create 3D models and textures. But I still share my work and explain my tricks to people.
I'm older than you in game development, from Quake 2 to Half-Life 1. You can also search my name on google.
So do not try to play the card "I am the great Steven and this Jove Chiere is a poor steal codes." because the shot will come out through the butt.

• Like 3

Jove chiere, Theres no more to say.No need to carry this on.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:27 PM, .kju said:

PS: You accused me of stealing your config work in A2 days. Seems your memory is not so well, or you preferred to forget about your mishap.

I still have no idea what your saying...If you accuse someone of something show something .

Btw.You implying that it is common knowledge that i take credit for others work means that i have done it before and to many ppl.But you can only come up with your own complaint.Just now.Hardly what you accused me of...

2 hours ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

You implying that it is common knowledge that i take credit for others work

this has become common knowledge as your DMCA of somebody else uploading share-alike content was done very publicly by yourself. you yourself have provided all the facts and they are not in your favour.

further on your steam page it says

"Copyright 2019[ANZACSAS Steven].This item is not authorised for posting on Steam, except under the Steam account named ANZACSAS Steven."

which seems entirely inconsistent with the share alike license your port of BI's content is actually released on whereby others are

free to adapt (i.e. modify, rework or update) and share (i.e. copy, distribute or transmit) the material

(with some conditions)

from your recent activity  i can either conclude that you are up to no good or completely ignorant of the licenses you are working under. either way its not been pretty to watch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I've no time for any more of this rubbish from everyone.

The 14 days for steam DMCA ruling has passed and ppl can download whatever version of my work they like.

This community has lost what it used to be.Its a shame.

I have been bullied by members who dont know the inner details of what is/was going on.

P.S

Highly recommend against letting ppl in to help with any aspect of their projects.

• Haha 2

Just asking on the chance there's an update, any idea roughly when the patch with 8 digit grids will be coming? Nearly have a big mission finalized for it and wondering when I can think about rolling it out.

sgtfuzzle17,Soon bud,week or two.Ive got files pulled apart all over the place atm.

Thanks bud.

With the new patch (v1.4), the new roads are crashing the game any time I try to load into it and giving the error "too many virtual blocks requested". This is also an issue with the other South Asia map floating around on the Workshop. Are you planning on releasing an optional patch file to exclude the roads? Unfortunately in its current state I can't actually use the map unless I patch out the roads.

On a completely unrelated note, you said in the 1.3 changelog you added a satmap for use with aircraft map screens. Where is that texture located? Is it a different file to "SouthAsiaMapPic3.paa"? A friend and I have gotten it working with Firewill's mapscreens but it seems to be misaligned. We're using the following code in a description.ext (his recommended implmentation):

Spoiler

class CfgAWS_MAP
{
    class South_Asia_H
    {
        aws_mapdata = "South_Asia_H.paa";
        aws_mapsize = 122880;
    };
};

We got the mapsize from using the worldSize command. Is that number wrong or is there something we're missing?

sgtfuzzle17,Sorry bud.My files have been pulled apart due to the hassles with the re upload.I am  now uploading an update removing the roads files.

Sry for the inconvenience.

@sgtfuzzle17,

south_asia_h\data\images\SouthAsiaMapPic3.paa

Yes thats the one m8.Also the mapsize is correct also.I havnt gotten around to doing that with firewill addons,so your one step ahead on that with me.Maybe mention it to firewill.He might have a solution hopefully.

Thanx bud,:)

1 hour ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

@sgtfuzzle17,

south_asia_h\data\images\SouthAsiaMapPic3.paa

Yes thats the one m8.Also the mapsize is correct also.I havnt gotten around to doing that with firewill addons,so your one step ahead on that with me.Maybe mention it to firewill.He might have a solution hopefully.

Thanx bud,:)

If it helps at all, the below link is how he recommended setting it up. We're doing it the description.ext way just to keep our modset light and so we don't need to put anything on the workshop but it may be of help to you.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/180959-firewill-standalone-series-release-thread/?page=35&tab=comments&fbclid=IwAR0o2DrGhl1D_OEOvTOeveTksIbBEnsFMgF1QWRmTWyGTgP8-8J3v-31ebs#comment-3211166

Don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but the new update seems to have completely removed the map from my game - I can't load into it at all. 

2 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but the new update seems to have completely removed the map from my game - I can't load into it at all. 

You don't get it , it's a stealth map now 😀

My gosh...What have i done now..lol🤔

All should be sweet now m8.

Thanx for the feedback.:)

50 minutes ago, ANZACSAS Steven said:

My gosh...What have i done now..lol🤔

All should be sweet now m8.

Thanx for the feedback.:)

Happy to help. Honestly this map is really the only thing on the workshop of this scale that doesn't require a few GB of extra mods as dependencies, and the fact that it runs so well is great. I'm very happy I came across it; while I really like a lot of the PMC Terrains the fact you need to go through so much effort to install them kind of kills any mission development opportunities. 

• Thanks 1

Hi, ANZACSAS Steven, I wanted to ask you, about this...

https://www.bohemia.net/community/licenses/take-on-license-share-alike

Attribution - You must attribute the material in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the material).

Noncommercial - You may not use this material for any commercial purposes.

-----> Take On Only - You may not convert or adapt this material to be used in other games than Take On series.
Share Alike - If you adapt, or build upon this material, you may distribute the resulting material only under the same license.

If the license says that it cannot be used for another series, such as ArmA Series, and is only for the Take On series

How could you do the conversion to a series not allowed as ArmA?

Thank you.-

On 1/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, dalber24 said:

If the license says that it cannot be used for another series, such as ArmA Series, and is only for the Take On series

How could you do the conversion to a series not allowed as ArmA? 

Take On was never licensed under the license you linked. Thats just a license that modders/people can use for their projects.

• Thanks 1

- Version 1.5

- Fully compatible with CUP Mod!!
 - Tinkered with the cloud lighting and clouds/weather.
 - Edited objects to be seen from further distance.
 - Tinkered a bit.:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@ANZACSAS Steven 

when I start from Editor it gives me this error: "Cannot load texture hsim\data_h\data\env_land_co.paa"

instead when I start COOP 1-30 Air War Over South Asia: " Cannot load texture hsim\data_h\data\surfaces\ocel.paa

On 9/21/2020 at 10:55 PM, sberla101 said:

@ANZACSAS Steven 

when I start from Editor it gives me this error: "Cannot load texture hsim\data_h\data\env_land_co.paa"

instead when I start COOP 1-30 Air War Over South Asia: " Cannot load texture hsim\data_h\data\surfaces\ocel.paa

Hi m8, Sorry bud i missed your post.:(

I re-uploaded the mod a lil while ago (without any edits) due to Steam not updating correctly.Is your version 1.6 and do you still have this problem? I just ran the terrain now to double check and everything ifs fine my end.Also havnt had any reports of any issues since then.

Thanks.

Steve.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 2:50 PM, ANZACSAS Steven said:

Hi m8, Sorry bud i missed your post.:(

I re-uploaded the mod a lil while ago (without any edits) due to Steam not updating correctly.Is your version 1.6 and do you still have this problem? I just ran the terrain now to double check and everything ifs fine my end.Also havnt had any reports of any issues since then.

Thanks.

Steve.

tried now, no more error, thx!!!

• Like 1

I can`t create vehicle with scripts on  South Asia v1.6 ANZACSAS. I think it is cause this map don`t have proper roads maybe..