Hello,

I ran into some small trouble with my upcoming horror mission:

SILENT ABDERA | COMING SOON™...

The problem is that I'm using objects/items in my mission that are interactive.

And I simply want to have them as props.

Here's two examples:

9DcJfFG.jpg852WQ5V.jpg

I have tried to disable simulation as well as turning them into simple objects, but it doesn't help.

This is not the only object action problems I have.

In the mission I'm having quite a lot of these items what I call notes, but they work as leaflets.

I wanted the leaflet to have a look of a document, so I used a intel document. I pasted the leaflet script into init, and it works and looks great.

But, it also has the dreaded take intel action, and I don't want that.

07VafV3.jpg     GIpnP6L.jpg     RslS7SA.jpg

Thanks in advance! I hope the images give clear description of what I want to achieve. Enjoy your weekend soldiers!      3fRtUFb.jpg

There a a few options,  set health bar to 0  or use setdamage 1 on caps and other objects sometimes works but not on intel for that you could force them to become a simple object  by placing this in the init box of the object [this] call BIS_fnc_replaceWithSimpleObject;

15 hours ago, f2k sel said:

There a a few options,  set health bar to 0  or use setdamage 1 on caps and other objects sometimes works but not on intel for that you could force them to become a simple object  by placing this in the init box of the object [this] call BIS_fnc_replaceWithSimpleObject;

Thanks! Works great!

Hey guys, sorry to bring up and old thread but i have been trying toi attempt to remove the exact same action with no luck using the suggested line.

my init line is much simpler though as i am doing other things with triggers after the item is collected:

"this addaction["Retreive Manifest", "deleteVehicle Doc_Manifest;"];"

how do i need to modify the above so that the "Take Intel" action doesn't appear

thank you all in advance. this isn't huge, i just don't like the auto push to map and extra items added.

Edited by the_archangel_tyrael@hotmail.com
update

Simple objects don't simulate, so an addAction won't work. Is there a reason you can't use the non-intel document object?

7 hours ago, the_archangel_tyrael@hotmail.com said:

the add action is already working

Of course it is. The point is that if one makes the object a simple object in order to remove the default action, the object no longer simulates, and the addAction will not work. And so I refer you to my previous question above.