Flax

FAST2 - Arma Server and Steam Workshop Tool

Hello @Flax!

My English is very weak, I use the google translator to try to assemble the text in the best way that is understood. If you can pass the instructions / tests here on the forum I can try to perform them. Thank you again

I'm having an issue with using Fast2 where it doesn't save any changes even after I've tried a reset. Initially I had an issue where it would crash immedtiately, I think I changed the folder and re-ran it to fix it. The problem now is it doesn't save any changes made in the application. For instance, if I import a new mod list and tick the box 'Check for Steam Mod Updates on Launch' then save to the profile. When I restart the app none of changes are applied. If I delete that profile and restart, the profile's restored.

I've even tried doing a reset (using the 'Reset Fast' button) and deleted the folder then copying back. I'm not sure where it's saving my old profile data.

I'll raise it on the Discord server. Cheers

This is a great tool. Managed to get my server up and running was able to connect and see it listed as well. I am using a dedicated server and have a specific IP address I'd like to host Arma 3 on. However it defaults to my main servers IP address. 

How to I set it to use a specific IP address? Is there a command line box I'm missing somewhere?

23 hours ago, rogue221 said:

This is a great tool. Managed to get my server up and running was able to connect and see it listed as well. I am using a dedicated server and have a specific IP address I'd like to host Arma 3 on. However it defaults to my main servers IP address. 

How to I set it to use a specific IP address? Is there a command line box I'm missing somewhere?

This will have to be sorted on a networking level - nothing you can do in FAST or Arma 3. This will depend on your provider and OS that you are using. 

On 10/4/2020 at 4:14 PM, Flax said:

This will have to be sorted on a networking level - nothing you can do in FAST or Arma 3. This will depend on your provider and OS that you are using. 

I see what your saying Flax. I use an OVH dedicated server with 8 Failover IP address that I setup and windows server 2019. I host a few other games and typically there's an option to set which IP address to use. For example in rust you can point to it with a command line or in the server.cfg file. 

I was under the impression Arma 3 had a similar setup where Rust was a mod like DayZ if I'm not mistaken. 

On 9/14/2020 at 2:22 AM, mach2infinity said:

I'm having an issue with using Fast2 where it doesn't save any changes even after I've tried a reset. Initially I had an issue where it would crash immedtiately, I think I changed the folder and re-ran it to fix it. The problem now is it doesn't save any changes made in the application. For instance, if I import a new mod list and tick the box 'Check for Steam Mod Updates on Launch' then save to the profile. When I restart the app none of changes are applied. If I delete that profile and restart, the profile's restored.

I've even tried doing a reset (using the 'Reset Fast' button) and deleted the folder then copying back. I'm not sure where it's saving my old profile data.

I'll raise it on the Discord server. Cheers

I haven't played ArmA since I last posted hence the delay. I've fixed the issue, I had to do a profile rebuild to fix it.

On 12/29/2020 at 12:46 AM, Govik said:

I am having an issue adding certain mods. I suspect it has to do with the id number for the mods. The number at the end of the URL. Seems the newer mods that have a large number are not adding. For example - 2225873516 or https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2225873516

Am I wrong?

Thanks

I'm noticing this as well. Looking at the behaviour, I've had success on the tool recognizing a 10 digit ID 2073987581, but it fails to recognize a 10 digit ID 2333743487. 

It might be coincidence that the upper limit of the INT type in java is 2147483647 ...?

On 2/11/2021 at 10:30 AM, DoctorTemporis said:

I'm noticing this as well. Looking at the behaviour, I've had success on the tool recognizing a 10 digit ID 2073987581, but it fails to recognize a 10 digit ID 2333743487. 

It might be coincidence that the upper limit of the INT type in java is 2147483647 ...?

I'm also having a similar issue, seems like the idea of the limit of the INT type in Java is probably correct?
Addon IDs that will not load for me from my modset:

Hey, does the software limit how many mods you can have downloaded? I'm trying to have 2 profiles, one for general gameplay and one for a lib with a different modset, I can't seem to download any mods over the 75 mark.

On 7/8/2020 at 8:52 PM, Groin said:

Hmm.

Setting it up, SteamCMD updates and A3. Then I click create profile and it crashes, cant start it again, deleted all files and unziped again to same folder no result, crash on startup. Then I renamed folder, unziped and did it all over again. And then clicking create profile it crashed again.

I have this same issue with the latest version.

In addition, if I try to run an update (before creating a profile), SteamCMD gets stuck after "Loading Steam API...OK". It would seem like it wants a Steam Guard code, but doesn't actually pop up with a window to input it. If I cancel and change the password, it goes through almost instantly with errors about the wrong password. But with the correct password it just gets stuck, with my phone buzzing about a verification code that I cant input.

Edit: Dangit, I just noticed the previous message is from May. I take it this is dead by now.

Edited by sienihemmo