Flax

FAST2 - Arma Server and Steam Workshop Tool

3 hours ago, Dedmen said:

Your SteamAPI key was inside the app? That is/was a huge security risk, you should never do that.

I know - looking back on it was stupid for sure. Was an oversight from originally building this for personal use then going public after. I'm just disappointed in myself for not realising it sooner. 

Key is revoked and new version asks users to provide their own. 

Hey, @Flax!

Could you clarify what's the difference between the "Allow File Patching: 0,1,2" under Settings - Misc. and the File Patching option under "Performance+Settings" ?

8 minutes ago, Dedmen said:

I'm familiar with 0, 1 and 2 that are selectable under "Misc". My question was, what's the difference between those and the File Patching option under "Performance+Settings" in Flax's tool.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:02 PM, Astireloth said:

My question was, what's the difference between those

Read the wiki page I sent? It says what the difference is.

hi,

compare to "manual" creation of dedicated server i've very poor perf using fast2 ( 20 fps vs 80 on client )... i try with no mod...same thing

i use profiling version of server & client

thx

ps : were is stocked save of profile server cfg ?

Am I the only one who CANNOT download it from the site provided? The "Kestral Studios" website seems to be down indefinitely, at least on my end. Any possibility we can get a mirror on Github or some such?

On 4/2/2020 at 8:54 AM, SonicJohnBH said:

Am I the only one who CANNOT download it from the site provided? The "Kestral Studios" website seems to be down indefinitely, at least on my end. Any possibility we can get a mirror on Github or some such?

My bad, site migration gone wrong - will be back up by tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay guys - it's back up now. 

Hey mate, I thought I'd make a quick request; setting up a dedicated server on Linux is just as bad - if not worse - than setting one up on Windows. We also can't seem to find any alternative tools to aid in the process and just make it more friendly to configure. If you could consider porting this to Linux (more specifically Ubuntu), that'd be incredible. For clarity, your program also doesn't work with Wine sadly. 

Can we have a scheduled function that checks for mod updates, stops the server (if possible), and updates the server and restarts it again? 

Probably way too much asked, but it would be super cool! 

A fix for the mods stopping completely on timing out/error out is to add this to the code before it starts the "workshop_download_item appID modID". @ShutdownOnFailedCommand 0 (you can set this to 1 to stop on any failed commands, this is enabled by default). Now, for my question, I'm testing FAST2 out and when I go to join the server from the arma 3 launcher, i notice that none of the mods show as required for joining, when i go to join it from launcher. is there a setting that i'm missing in FAST2 to enable that? i have mods enabled for client/server/headless and still doesn't show required mods.

I've changed the server to a newer version. Never had any issues before. But now, when I start FAST after logging it, the whole server crashes and restarts. Every single time. 

FAST manages to get some files for SteamCMD. Other than that ... nothing. 

Any idea? Server runs on a Win Server Standard 2019 with the latest patches. All necessary DirectX and C++ Redist packages are also installed. Besides of that: 7zip, Brave and Notepad++. Other than that: As fresh after an installation as a system can be!

Edit: Tested the CheckonStartup fix. The second I am connecting to Steam (here: to download SteamCMD) the system crashes.

Edit 2: Tested around a bit and turns out ... SteamCMD causes the system into the crash/reboot. And I fucking don't know why. Neither do I find anything about this problem on Google. Super creepy oO

Edit 3: Turned out it was the (missing) SoftRaid1 for the hard disk. Once the Raid was created for the partition SteamCMD just ran fine. Will open up a ticket with steam. Just for reference if someone experience something similar: check your raid/mirroring settings mate 🙂

It doesn't open anymore I double click to run, nothing happens. Tried the fix from pages back, doesn't work. Also tried 'fresh' install. Nope.

Hiya Flax. So my unit has been trying to get the Global Mobilization compatibility data onto the server for a few weeks now. Every time we try to update the mod individually or as part of an "update all", it failed on the download. The report we get is below:

Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation

-- type 'quit' to exit --

Loading Steam API...OK.

Logging in user 'OMFGitsST6' to Steam Public ...

Enter the current code from your Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator app

Two-factor code:Logged in OK

Waiting for user info...OK

Downloading item 1776428269 ...

ERROR! Download item 1776428269 failed (Failure).Redirecting stderr to 'C:\steamcmd\logs\stderr.txt'

[  0%] Checking for available updates...

[----] Verifying installation...

SteamCMD Exited

Upon reading the stderr.txt in that location, I found that it was empty. So no log and no error code, but an error nonetheless. Do you have any ideas?

Hey guys, sorry for the long absence. Back on this now. Had a generous offer from two mates to get though the back log of issues. So thanks to @tom.tucka and @xaithe for the help. 

2020 Hot Fix (2.0.3.0) will be inbound in the next few days. 2.1 in next week or so. 

• Like 1

NEW RELEASE - v2.0.3.0

Lots of minor fixes and some new features. Mostly to bring in line with all the updates to the game and it's settings. New features will be added in future releases. 

Update Instructions

To get the new release please just open your existing versions of FAST2 to auto update.

Changelog

• Added Server Profile Duplication
  • Added Copying Mod selection between Server, Client & HC
  • Added "Enter Key" handling for some dialogs
  • Added ability to see SQM missions in MPMissions
  • Added scroll bar to Server Profile list
  • Added support for Creator DLC branch
  • Updated Voting System, allows all commands and types
  • Updated Steam CMD output format
  • Updated Theme Packages
  • Fixed Server Profile Name Validation

Direct Download

LATEST VERSION

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmm.

Setting it up, SteamCMD updates and A3. Then I click create profile and it crashes, cant start it again, deleted all files and unziped again to same folder no result, crash on startup. Then I renamed folder, unziped and did it all over again. And then clicking create profile it crashed again.

NEW RELEASE - v2.1

Most of the 2.1 features were added in the last update - this just bring the last couple online.

Update Instructions

To get the new release please just open your existing versions of FAST2 to auto update.

Changelog

• Added Mod Counts in Profiles and Mod Tabs
  • Launch Headless Client's Independently
  • Additional files for Error Reporting

Direct Download

LATEST VERSION

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2020 at 6:52 PM, Groin said:

Hmm.

Setting it up, SteamCMD updates and A3. Then I click create profile and it crashes, cant start it again, deleted all files and unziped again to same folder no result, crash on startup. Then I renamed folder, unziped and did it all over again. And then clicking create profile it crashed again.

Hi, can you try with the latest version just released please. 

Hi @Flax

On our server, your program still keeps crashing when checking MOD's at the Workshop.

39 minutes ago, Arghbra said:

On our server, your program still keeps crashing when checking MOD's at the Workshop.

@Arghbra Can you jump on discord so we can have a chat?