Flax

FAST2 - Arma Server and Steam Workshop Tool

5 hours ago, DPM said:

Nice software, though I was tinkering to see if I could get it to run 2 instances on the same server and it "stopped working". Now it doesn't work anymore, even from a new download and install. Any idea why?

Two instances of FAST? If you can give some more info behind why/ what you are trying to achieve I can probably work out what caused it. If it's not working go to "%localappdata%\KestrelStudios\FAST2......\2.0.1.2\" and delete the user.config. Jump on the discord and I'll be able to help out more directly. 

Check if the ports are different for each server and if the MOD's listing is correct.

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Arghbra said:

Hello Flax!

I had a small "problem":

the server name configured in the Settings tab on Server Name did not appear. Instead, the full name of the PC appeared (which is configured in Windows Server).

Name configured on server: Zona de Combate - Treinamento

Any setup made wrong by me?

Congratulations on the program! Is perfect

Hi Flax, I figured out what caused this problem. The port to which FAST is connected is not released from the list of server firewalls.

Awesome tool!  I want to +1 the feature request to have the ability to export bat files of server configurations (would be really helpful for loading up ~20 mods for a headless client), and also ask that you make it so that when the little modal dialog comes up asking for your Steam Guard code that pressing Enter will submit the code rather than having to use the mouse the click the button (it's a small thing, but would really help the usability).

Going through the same issue as ReDGamerR. Doesn't go any further for us, because have to type in your steam guard code, but unfortunately there's no way to enter it. So you are stuck with the above and nothing much else.

Yeah there seems to have been something that stops this from working. I am working on a permanent fix but for now download this exe and replace the existing FAST2 exe and run as normal. Steam CMD will open in its own window when updating and you can enter steam guard codes etc there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ct02apkejk7man5/FAST2.exe?dl=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seemed to have worked. I do have one other issue personally. The battle eye checkbox in the screenshots are non-existent for me. So there's no way to manually disable BE on the server through FAST.

What exactly do the AI presets do? They don't seem to change the values next to it.

I'm stuck on "21:52:40 Warning: Current Steam AppId:  doesn't match expected value:" then my value not sure why is is coming up when trying to launch the server.

2 hours ago, Brent Hachey said:

I'm stuck on "21:52:40 Warning: Current Steam AppId:  doesn't match expected value:" then my value not sure why is is coming up when trying to launch the server.

Fixed the issue, Thanks

Silly question but I have been looking everywhere. Where do I get the mission files? Im assuming without any that's why my server wont show in the list? I can't even see it on my LAN and all of the correct ports are open. My firewall exceptions are correct as well.

seems like a very good app, though upon first run i get "battleye initialization failed" though it is using files from an already tried and tested setup. I'm sure i can fix it, but it was just not what i expected as everything has been in working order for years until this point in time. I'll let you know if i figure out what caused it

On 1/2/2019 at 5:09 PM, Flax said:

3cde978dbe240d4ba7ecc45a04044101.png

Use the BattleEye tick box on the server profile. 

i can't find the battleye tickbox

I'm having an re-occurring problem of FAST2 giving an error when large mods like RHS or CUP downloads time out. This is fine, it happens with bat script too. However, FAST2 then stops the entire operation, not allowing the program to download all the other mods. A bat script would allow this. After the initial run, the script can run again and install the rest of the big mods. Is there a way to achieve this too with FAST2?

On 2/18/2019 at 11:35 AM, Stoasha Madjic said:

Any suggestions about how to fix the battleye issue? I have not yet found a solution other than not using FAST2

On 2/10/2019 at 9:10 PM, yokhanan said:

Seemed to have worked. I do have one other issue personally. The battle eye checkbox in the screenshots are non-existent for me. So there's no way to manually disable BE on the server through FAST.

@yokhanan @Stoasha Madjic Not sure why you can't see this - are you running the latest version? This doesn't get hidden in any circumstance. Could you try making the window bigger/ full screen?

1 hour ago, TheNightstalk3r said:

I'm having an re-occurring problem of FAST2 giving an error when large mods like RHS or CUP downloads time out. This is fine, it happens with bat script too. However, FAST2 then stops the entire operation, not allowing the program to download all the other mods. A bat script would allow this. After the initial run, the script can run again and install the rest of the big mods. Is there a way to achieve this too with FAST2?

@TheNightstalk3r When large downloads fail just click the download all again and it will continue the download where it left off until the download is complete. As you mentioned this is a limitation of SteamCMD. I am working on a way to automate the retrying of failed downloads. 

On 2/15/2019 at 11:06 PM, Brent Hachey said:

Silly question but I have been looking everywhere. Where do I get the mission files? Im assuming without any that's why my server wont show in the list? I can't even see it on my LAN and all of the correct ports are open. My firewall exceptions are correct as well.

@Brent Hachey Mission files come from where ever you get them - this can be from a download site, exported from the editor, steam workshop etc... Although this shouldn't stop the server showing up in the list. If everything is setup correctly as you say and you are hosting on your own PC rather than a dedicated server this could be an issue with your ISP. 

@Flax In the program I assume you use the line +quit in the steamCMD lines? If you remove this one and instead wait for the entirety of the mod download to finish, the program should no longer block the rest of the downloads. I.e.

+quit makes SteamCMD quit its "job" once it hits an error. If left out, SteamCMD will just leave the large mod for what it is and continue on with the rest of the mods downloading those succesfully (observed and tested in bat scripts). Maybe an idea to implement until an automatic retry is possible?

Added several mods to the list and clicked update, now I'm stuck loading forever on "Loading Steam API...OK"

On 2/19/2019 at 3:38 PM, Flax said:

@Brent Hachey Mission files come from where ever you get them - this can be from a download site, exported from the editor, steam workshop etc... Although this shouldn't stop the server showing up in the list. If everything is setup correctly as you say and you are hosting on your own PC rather than a dedicated server this could be an issue with your ISP. 

Hello,

Well I have managed to have ARK, Conan, and CSGO servers running on the old server I had before I upgraded. I am using the same hard drives and made sure my OS and hardware is all compatible and drivers are good. When it comes to setting up this Arma 3 server its different for sure. I have found lots of posts of people doing this on remote or hosted servers but not really on home servers. I don't think it's the ISP, Honestly I think it's me missing one crucial part of the set up. I figured using your tool would of helped me fix that but I am at a loss. I have set each port forward plus a few extras. I tried to set up firewall exceptions for each one plus the .exe. I gave up on that and shut off the firewall just to test it. The server tool starts the server as if its going to work but never even shows on LAN. Once LAN works Ill be set but i just Can't get past this block. Have you ever seen something that might have caused this for even LAN? Im guessing somewhere I have to tell which Map to use but I can't find that and I'm guessing this is the issue. The game server doesn't know what it wants to load by the looks of it.

Thanks again for any help!

EDIT:

This is from trying to connect with my router IP and my local server IP afterwards. It never fully loads or gives and error. It just sits at the loading screen.

When I try to Direct connect I get this from my server:

12:51:03 Dedicated host created.
12:51:14 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.217)
12:51:15 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
12:51:15 Host identity created.
13:02:06 ColGepetto uses modified data file
13:02:06 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ColGepetto (192.168.2.15:2304) connected
13:02:06 Player ColGepetto connecting.
13:02:07 BattlEye Server: Connected to BE Master
13:02:09 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ColGepetto - BE GUID: 09bef5c6e376cc9f059693d61cdca656
13:02:09 Player ColGepetto connected (id=76561198115056072).
13:02:09 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (09bef5c6e376cc9f059693d61cdca656) of player #0 ColGepetto
13:05:37 Player ColGepetto disconnected.
13:05:37 BattlEye Server: Player #0 ColGepetto disconnected

It seems as if the game won’t find a map. When adding the Tanoa exile PBO it now tries to actually create something but has an error saying it needs addon exile_server needs addon exile_client. A few google posts talk about a CFG that needs copied. I will see what I find now.

Hello FLAX,

See if this also happens to you:

When a MOD of the list is taken from the Workshop, the program crash in the checking of the MODs.

Thank you!

Firstly, my apologies for posting here. I have researched several forums and need some insight on how to proceed. Not quite a new player in ARMA 3.

I am a practicing physician, so due to my schedule mostly enjoy Single Player Missions (Ravage based). Unfortunately with Ravage, the game performance becomes laggy as more items are discovered in the game play. After three days in game, game load times increase up to several minutes, with game-play stuttering.

If I offload the game to a separate dedicated server on my LAN network, do anyone believe it would help? What are the additional benefits of having a dedicated server, if any, for a single player mission? My most sincere thanks for opinions and suggestions.

Thanks, @.kju. I will ask there. However, I wonder if my questions regarding there being any benefits for a single player to setup his own LAN server, for vanilla or modded ARMA 3, might be best answered here? Not trying to be pushy, but if I ask a server question elsewhere, I would not be particularly surprised to be referred to one of the server threads. :scratchchin:

32 minutes ago, Killdoc said:

Thanks, @.kju. I will ask there. However, I wonder if my questions regarding there being any benefits for a single player to setup his own LAN server, for vanilla or modded ARMA 3, might be best answered here? Not trying to be pushy, but if I ask a server question elsewhere, I would not be particularly surprised to be referred to one of the server threads. :scratchchin:

In that case you'd be best served to start a new thread related to your issues or try and find a similar thread. This one is specifically related to the FAST tool rather than Arma 3 Server's in general. This is a good place to start: