microbe

Vehicle's engine RPM and gear change detection

I am trying to develop a system of wear and breakdowns of component parts of cars.

Two examples I have difficulties with at the moment.

1. Transmission damage.

It is necessary that the gearbox could not shift above a certain gear.

How to determine the moment of switching?

2. Engine damage.

It is necessary that the engine RPM can not exceed a certain value.

How to determine current engine's RPM?

I thought that such things could be realized because I noticed that in some cars there is a tachometer on the dashboard that displays the current engine RPM, as well as an indicator that shows the current gear:

J7eIPj.jpg

I studied this article, relying on the fact that it would help me understand how to do what I need, but without success.

• Like 2

Interesting, indeed.

First of all, your link seems rotten. fastpic.ru should aware us. Open gate to spam?

In Arma, there is no real difference between a collapsing engine and a brand new one.

For helicopters, you have a bunch of commands like enginesRpmRTD ,...

Not sure you can easily apply different clutch / RPM limitations on model(s) according to the damaged engine.

So, I don't have any solution. I had to play with setFuel to simulate a broken/half broken/ normal engine!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

In Arma, there is no real difference between a collapsing engine and a brand new one.

51 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Not sure you can easily apply different clutch / RPM limitations on model(s) according to the damaged engine.

The system I want to do is more like damage emulation, I have to do everything at the SQF level.