mikephoenix

ArmedForces:UK Vehicles

ATMPs aren't really amphibious unless you put an outboard motor on them. They float (but only when unladen and in water from ~70cm deep), but you may as well get out and swim because the wheels paddling in the water alone provide very little forward thrust.

Maybe something to add in the future but not of massive importance, Da12 is right to make them amphibious u need to add 3 inflatable parts and a boat motor. I may be wrong but I doubt the army used them in this capacity. 

• Like 1

That does also show it floating without the additional floats later on. Also have you tried fitting it inside a chinook viv ? The real ones did this just looks a bit big ?

1 hour ago, sentryuk said:

That does also show it floating without the additional floats later on

To me that looks like it's fording more than floating in that moment, but before when I said they float in ~1m of water unladen, I did indeed mean without preparation (i.e the case where you're not fitting them with an outboard motor and extra stuff for true amphibious use). Though IIRC fitting bilge pumps is always necessary for operating the ATMP in water whether it is floating or fording.

The pontoons are for the sake of stability and enough extra buoyancy to carry a more useful load. Without the pontoons it can only float with the driver and 300kg of kit, compared to the 1600kg it can carry on land. And the more load you add, the depth of water it can float in reduces from 1m, up to that 300kg mark where it wont float at all.

Oh, and all six tyres also need to be fully inflated.

• Like 1

Sort of.

Mk1 was skid-steer only, so you were just pulling the brakes on one side, like how you steered old tanks. The later versions used by the UK could do skid steering for fast, small radius turns and more conventional Ackerman steering for wider turns, using the front two axles. But the middle axles only turns a little bit, whereas the front axle has a greater range of motion.

• Like 1

Would love to see the Light Gun have the same in depth functionality as it did with ACE2 in Arma 2. Now that was a tool and a half.

• Like 2

Mike is the viv supposed to work with these ? Tried loading your updated version in the cup viv chinook and Hercules via waypoints and neither works and when I try and drag it into the vehicle I get an Orange cross Hair ie not allowed.

It may be too big, IRL they fold them down to load into helis, Depends on the bounding box of the ATMP and the size of the load space on the chinook

I saw a pic of one being loaded on a chinook with role cage intact - however I was trying the one with no role cage and it should defo fit on a herc 

Ok still seemed to take almost full power to lift with 3cb merlin at least to get it off the ground 

yes but without knowing the size of the load space on said helicopters I cant tell what the issue is

Well throw into the mix the other 3rd party mods the plot may thicken

6 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

It may be too big, IRL they fold them down to load into helis, Depends on the bounding box of the ATMP and the size of the load space on the chinook

2 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

yeah reduced it considerably

yes but without knowing the size of the load space on said helicopters I cant tell what the issue is

You mean the arma3 model or the real thing ?

the arma 3 model

Not sure who in cup team can help 

Hi Mike - These look awesome!

To throw a few options out there for consideration as bits of kit not currently in the game at all (or no longer supported)

Husky
AS90
Rigid Raider
Edit: Forgot the main one, Ajax!

Keep us posted!

Oh are you referring to the fact it’s articulated ? The Swedish mod done a bv206 that works ok