mikephoenix

ArmedForces:UK Vehicles

Not sure if you have plans of making any air type vehicles but would be nice to see the Sea King HC4 implemented into ArmA has I've never seen one unless there is but would be nice to see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Arma 2 BAF samples can be easily ported to A3. I think that the AAF hellcat helicopter is reusing the arma 2 BAF Lynx model so it would be ver easy to port it to A3. Just upgrade the arma 2 model p3d while reusing the Hellcat config. Que same with the Merlin helicopter.

Regarding the viking... Granq from the swedish mod made a Bvs206 ir however it is spelled. The articulated from part moved using steering Wheel source animation.

07B1BDE381A6A797D916A6E98072EDD1B8AABC05

Todo World mates!!!

• Like 3

But where is the fun in porting stuff, for me the enjoyment is making them form scratch, for far too long British Arma content has had to put up with old ports

• Like 11

You are right.  Anyway, talk  to Granq  of the  SPF (swedish mod). He has  modelled  a Bvs206 you could use as a base to create the viking.

If I’m going to make one il make it myself :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. I was writing with a mobile phone and it's difficult to write anything there. I meant that if you ask Granq he could tell you how he animated and configured his Bv206 so you can do something similar with the viking. Those articulated vehicles are not among the "normal type of vehicles simulated by Arma" so some special tricks must be done to get them ingame and make them work as they should..

BTW, I'm anxiously waiting for the bay class…. I'm doing myself a landing ship and I have always thought that there is a lack of amphibious capabilities in the Arma games. Arma 2's LHD was good but lacking in details. Keep us posted of your progress!!!!

Looking interesting, how fast would be the max speed on that mexefloat?

Is it a Jackal 2, or a Jackal 2A?

Asking because it has some features of the 2A's armoured doors like the seals around the edges, but the 2A's doors are horizontal along the bottom edge.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jackal 1, Jackal 2 and Coyote have doors that are slanted along the bottom edge (and along the whole outward side up from the wheel arch) but aren't sealing

https://i.imgur.com/ZnkayNV.jpg

Good spot! @da12thMonkey TBH i didnt even know there was a 2A, I did notice on some of them they have a longer ECM mounting plate with some kinda U shaped canvas underneath, I wonder what that is. Anyone got any Info?

30 minutes ago, mikephoenix said:

some kinda U shaped canvas underneath

The khaki-coloured bit of tube with the green caps on the end?

9nC82oql.jpg

https://www.vitalykuzmin.net/Military/TANKFEST-2018-Part-1-Modern-vehicles/i-Nk7hFKG

It's an air-line/filter for the equipment that has those coloured cables coming out of them. The green end-caps are pre-cleaners to scrub some of the dust and shit out of the air going in to it.

It's how it is since they came back from the desert and went to places like Poland, Estonia etc.

Either they've had to cover some of the kit up to make it winterised/waterised and restricted airflow, or it's part of signature management so some of the electronics don't light up like a Christmas tree through IR. So have added this to keep certain kit cool.

Seems like a general improvement to the whole vehicle since the mast/rack setup for all the stuff in the back seems a lot sturdier.

Hmmmmm I fell I have to vhange my ECM mount and add all this kit, I really want to do the ISTAR version too

Are you planning on releasing vehicles individually or only when all done ? I could use the memifloat / scimitar in my mission now 🙂 

1 hour ago, sentryuk said:

Also on the pic of the mexifloat on first page - isn’t the ramp upside down ?

The bow modules drop forward on the real ones. They're usually up like that until the pontoon is close to shore

Pic shows the range of travel they can have

bfAXytK.jpg

5 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

The bow modules drop forward on the real ones. They're usually up like that until the pontoon is close to shore

Pic shows the range of travel they can have

bfAXytK.jpg

Thanks for the explanation! I did wonder if they did that having seen pictures of it up and down. So @mikephoenixare these gonna be animated ?

I have been following this thread for some time now and as an ex service man of the blues and royals who use this scimitar it looks amazing keep up the brilliant work and you never no i might make a come back and make a guarsd milsim who would like to take full advantage of the mod 

:)

Kind Regards

M.Poole