kinggunter

Reporting cheating duos and trios

I just want to start off by saying I've been playing this game for 3 months and I have been enjoying it except for a specific factor that I am going to address. Before addressing this issue I'm going to take it to account that this is still a game preview in that the community is very small so I understand that it may be hard to get into Duo's sometimes.  at the same time, in the solo division, we have not just to people but sometimes even three people teaming up distracting the flow of the solo mode. so anyone who's playing this game and decides to read this  I just wanted to let it be known that from this point forward until the community gets bigger and the game Flow is ran at an acceptable rate I am going to be reporting people to Xbox LIVE who decide to bring partners with them into solo matches.  again, I understand the community for the game is small but that is no reason to bring people into solo matches for cheating. I've lost a lot of hard earned weaponry and equipment do to this and it is quite sickening. Banana duck6996, sevdaliza and electriccola339 are a few of the cheaters and they should be banned.  if I run into any more of them I will be commenting their names under this post for future references.  the game is very dope and fun but once we run into these cheaters it distracts the flow of the game.  my shelter is a level 7, I'm able to create all of the ammo and I have quite a few blueprints that take time to craft, i.e. ADR and AUR HBAR-T. Again, I understand the community is small but this is no excuse for Cheating in this manner. God bless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello there kinggunter, and thank you so much for letting us know that this issue frustrates you.

However, we need to discuss one thing first - The problem is that as the game is still in the game preview there can be certain times during the day when the player count is pretty low. We obviously try to prioritize separate duo and single servers. But in the least busy hours, we sometimes have so let the encounters be for both - duos and singles so we can avoid extremely long waiting times :)

Hope this helped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've seen this 'Duo's V Singles' issue reported quite a few times on various forums and having experienced it first hand I have also complained about it. Only after reading Pyrit's reply, I now understand the reason for it happening and accept it as part of the game preview set-up.

May I make the suggestion that a pinned post be made for everyone to read, explaining this situation. I think it will help stop any unnecessary moaning. 

• Like 1

Mentioned a possible solution in another thread. Accept the reason for mixing singles and duo's, but give the duo's a threat or similar tag. Then singles can avoid or engage as they wish.

Full of ideas today.... Maybe make the duo's tag active for just 5 seconds every minute. That way singles won't necessarily know their exact location, just the area their in.

It's supposed to be a post apocalyptic Norway with murder, survival and no rules. If anything I encourage teaming up while in game, and definitely do not get mad because you get shut down.

I hear what your saying and quite agree. My only comment would be that if team building is to be encouraged, then provide maps for teams to play off against each other and let players who prefer single player play on single player maps. It's challenging enough pvp, let alone 2pvp.

My preference since gaming began is single player, and if the game evolves into duo's and squads like Fortnite (grandkids play it not me) or teams like the newly ruined Fallout franchise, then I'll be disappointed, but will find a game that suits my preferences. 

What's the saying, don't get mad get even ... Just took out a duo and gained 2 crates and the contents of a vault. Back in love with Vigor.

My issue isn’t the “Duos V. Solo” encounters when teams are thrown into solo lobbies... I personally hate it when I’m playing a solo encounter and I think I’m stalking or engaging 1 player and all of the sudden I’m getting shot at by 3–4 other people who have made a truce with that player during the booster lobby. I think it’s kind of pointless to have solo lobbies where people can just join a party together over xbox live before beginning the encounter. .. IDK maybe I’m being a crybaby, but I just think that’s weak and makes it seems like people are always looking for the unfair advantage.. 

Again you make a valid point.

I have supported teaming in solo encounters previously, wrongly believing that friends took a chance on joining the same encounter. That understanding has been well and truly brought up to date through other posts.

I very rarely wear a headset, therefore I have never been approached in the pre encounter lobby. Others have, and some do team, some don't.

But I agree it's annoying and becoming more prevalent. I rarely camp an exit, and more often than not I decide at the start of the encounter if I'm interested in the crate, or on focussing on other objectives. On one encounter yesterday I was leaving with my loot when all of a sudden the crate carrier totally changed direction and headed my way. I took some good cover and allowed the carrier to pass. I stepped out and before I could line up a shot I was taken out by his buddy. The partnership was made clear when they both came together to loot me.

So my opinion on teaming in solo's is somewhat in flux at the moment. Whilst I support the freedom to introduce tactics, it is essentially a solo encounter, and one could argue that by enlisting a partner to help protect you through the encounter, you are giving yourself an unfair advantage.

The pre encounter lobby seems to be the catalyst in giving outlanders the opportunity to make contact. So to make it more difficult, maybe remove the gamertag.

Friends can still take a chance that they may end up in the same encounter by selecting the same map at the same time, but the chances of that would be much more remote.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to the Admin for giving an explanation for this! As for solos who team up to get the win, I don’t like it but I’m not gonna complain either. I have my own way to deal with them. Try and befriend them, not always successful but when it is I wait for an opportune time to strike, then kill both. 😁

Risky tactic Dustin, but non the less effective.

I hope your gamertag is different from your forum name, or a lot of outlanders will be on to you!!

• Haha 1