Aurhurn

Arma 3 Launcher Error

Here's your text file, I can manually force Arma to open directly, but can't use the launcher.

Arma 3 Launcher Exception Log
=============================

Arma 3 Launcher has encountered an unexpected error described below.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please report this on Arma 3 Feedback Tracker (http://feedback.arma3.com). Thanks to you we may fix the issue faster!

----------------------------
System information
Date:                2018-11-18 10:22:42 / 2018-11-18 04:22:42 -06
Current dir:         D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3
AppData dir:         C:\Users\wbhar\AppData\Local
Command line:        "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe"
Version:             1.5.144.923
CLR version:         4.0.30319.42000
OS Version:          10.0.17134.0 (Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0)
OS 64 bit:           True
Process 64 bit:      False
Personal dir:        C:\Users\wbhar\Documents
Culture:             en-US
UI Culture:          en-US
Point of log:        Unhandled Exception

Exception
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at Launcher.Program.StartGui(InitArgs param)
   at Launcher.Program.HandleCommandLine()
   at Launcher.Program.RunLauncher()
   at Launcher.Program.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Modules and assemblies
- mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089; C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll
- arma3launcher, Version=1.5.144.923, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null; D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3launcher.exe
- log4net, Version=1.2.13.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=669e0ddf0bb1aa2a; D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Launcher\log4net.dll
- System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll
- System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll
- System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll
- System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll
- SharedResources, Version=1.5.144.923, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null; D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Launcher\SharedResources.dll
- PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\PresentationFramework\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationFramework.dll
- WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\WindowsBase\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\WindowsBase.dll
- System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089; C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xaml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xaml.dll
- Utils, Version=1.5.144.923, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null; D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Launcher\Utils.dll

Assembly resolution
Resolving PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    requested by: unknown
    not resolved

Just now, Aurhurn said:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

Install or upgrade to a newer version - Microsoft.NET Framework v4.0.

Browser search - "Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0." or "Microsoft .NET Framework v4.5.", according to the support of your OS version.

Just now, lex__1 said:

Install or upgrade to a newer version - Microsoft.NET Framework v4.0.

Browser search - "Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0." or "Microsoft .NET Framework v4.5.", according to the support of your OS version.

Details

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is already a part of this operating system.  You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable.

Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4.5 has already been installed on this computer.

Unless I'm doing something wrong the installation wizard says no?

Disc:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\_CommonRedist

In the folder "CommonRedist" there is a installer .NET Framework and VC redist.

Check the installation of these components.

Two installers horus recommended both returned already installed

dot net version is out of date but was installed? Gonna try removing it and re-installing it via verify from steam? I'll post if it worked here in a few minutes.

Just now, Horus said:

Just now, lex__1 said:

Disc:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\_CommonRedist

In the folder "CommonRedist" there is a installer .NET Framework and VC redist.

Check the installation of these components.

nope, verifying it didn't work for it,  version is listed as 4.5.2? 

Just now, lex__1 said:

Check the installation of the VC redist.

....\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013  -  vcredist_x64 or vcredist_x86 , depending on the version of OS 64 \ 32bit

used the repair for 86, still launches the same error log

Do you have OS version 32bit or 64bit?

And what version of Arma3 32bit or 64bit is selected in the launcher to start?

OS is 64... and no idea how to even check for the second one? Literally doesn't even pull up the launcher itself - just immediate error log popup
I can still force the game open from the steam folder inside my drive directly though?

Oh, I did get an unusual arma crash prior to this that literally crashed my PC... and seems to have cleared even my chrome data cache (Passwords, logins, history etc...)

well I can do step one, it is for certain a 64 system

but as for step two...

Arma 3 Launcher Error

By Aurhurn, 3 hours ago in ARMA 3 - TROUBLESHOOTING 

So, I guess I can't fix this then... since I cannot open the launcher itself to fix it if that  is the issue...

Check the game files in the "Steam".
Right-click in "Steam"> library> on the game> property> local files> check integrity the game files.

one of the first things ive done, this will now make the second full uninstall and re-install

didn't work.

After downloading a larger amount of game files, defragmentation is sometimes required.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00081

NOTES
Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update. 
Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:59 PM, lex__1 said:

After downloading a larger amount of game files, defragmentation is sometimes required.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00081

NOTES
Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update. 
Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.

sorry for the late quote, forum wasn't letting me do it for some reason.