Nope.X

[SOLVED] Tasks icon floating above aircraft carrier

Hello,

So in my mission, I've had this problem for a while now where the missions icon as well as all the other parts regarding that mission so the trigger, the set task state and the create mission all float roughly 100 meters above the aircraft carrier so the players can land the mission in which they need to land the helicopter on the aircraft carrier.

Could the people in this forum please help me with that problem. There are screenshots provided: https://imgur.com/a/3sKuRvp

Thanks in advance.

I didn't use code I basically completely created the scenario in the eden editor.

What is the task name?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination

["yourTaskName", [getPos aircraftCarrier select 0, getPos aircraftCarrier select 1, (getPos aircraftCarrier select 2) - 50]] call BIS_fnc_taskSetDestination;

Where aircraftCarrier is the var name of it. Not sure how it gets the position. If it uses getPos and it still is positioned in the air then it is related to the box model I assume so you will have to offset it. Not tested!

Check the Z parameter of your task module. It must be less than the depth (positive value) to be displayed at the sea level. You probably moved your ship from deeper sea to shallow water, then moved your task module accordingly. The why it's too high.

Simple as that.

Just now, Nope.X said:

I didn't use code I basically completely created the scenario in the eden editor.

I guess we have all the information we could possibly need, then.

(Your mission.sqm is code)

24 minutes ago, Nope.X said:

the set task state and the create mission all float roughly 100 meters above the aircraft carrier so the players can land the mission in which they need to land the helicopter on the aircraft carrier.

Disable the Task Types: Actions

Set the icon to disable which is at the top of the list, your currently using the land task icon.

See what im referring to here -----> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Tasks_Overhaul#Default_Task_Types:_Actions

The icons themselves do not affect the position. Do they? Wouldn't make sense, just an icon... I personally don't use modules so can't really help much except for code snippet above. There might be some module option that does the same.

Just now, HazJ said:

The icons themselves do not affect the position. Do they?

They do if the destination is set to module position see my screenshot:

http://prntscr.com/ljr2ct

All he has to do is set the destination to disable and he wont see the icon on the screen anymore.

Below destination box is the task type which i set to land which is the icon he is using according to his pic in the OP.

He wants to remove it altogether? I think I misunderstood? Would another task type still be that high was what I was getting at. Anyway, don't use modules. :happy:

Just now, HazJ said:

He wants to remove it altogether?

Yes, i think he doesn't completely understand all functions of tasks, so he may have added or done things that he misunderstood on how they work and wants to change or undo it.

Just now, HazJ said:

Would another task type still be that high was what I was getting at.

No, a task module when you place it can have almost the same properties as an object, you can see this in the editor.

If you setup a create task for an objective, you can increase the height of the module like an object and it will stay there, only use of it i found was

if the destination was set to module position,  if you set the module up high in the air, you will see the icon in the air ingame, set it low to the ground and same thing you will see it at its location.

Set the destination to disabled and the icon for the task will only be seen in the task list when you look at the briefing via the map.

• Like 2

@HazJ @Gunter Severloh So I don't want to remove anything and since I don't want to know and know anything about scripts I'm forced to use modules. Just to make things clearer in the editor the Icons, as well as the area of the trigger all, are on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier but in the mission itself they all float above the aircraft carrier I looked at that in Zeus so I know that. I also still want the marker to show but on the aircraft carriers flight deck.

I have provided a few more screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/jGNnpmf

It would also help if you would provide a script which detects when the Ghost Hawk touches the aircraft carrier which I can paste into the trigger. But telling me how to fix my bug would be a lot more appreciated.

Edit: Both things above would be awesome!

I  seem to have fixed the floating part with rebuilding the task. The script to finish the mission when the Ghost Hawk touches the Aircraft Carrier is still greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Just now, Nope.X said:

Just to make things clearer in the editor the Icons, as well as the area of the trigger all, are on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier but in the mission itself they all float above the aircraft carrier

You should be able to lower the create task module to the deck, if its already on the deck then you may have to use a code for position im guessing, Haz would know better.

Just now, Nope.X said:

It would also help if you would provide a script which detects when the Ghost Hawk touches the aircraft carrier which I can paste into the trigger. 

Simple way would be to just put a hint in the init of the trigger, like this--->    hint "GhostHawk has landed on the carrier.";

then set that to repeatedly, make sure the trigger is an area trigger and is set to blufor present.

When the ghosthawk lands the hint will popup on the screen on the top right side every time it lands.

Just now, Nope.X said:

The script to finish the mission when the Ghost Hawk touches the Aircraft Carrier is still greatly appreciated.

So your asking for a way to end the mission?

Do this:

1. Name your trigger (the one that the ghosthawk will land in)--- >    end

2. Create another trigger somewhere no size, and put this ----->   triggeractivated end;  in the condition box of the new trigger.

3. In the new trigger's activation box put this ------> "end" call bis_fnc_endmission;

When the Ghosthawk enters (lands) on the deck in the trigger named end the mission will end completed.

Thank you for your help greatly appreciated! 

• Like 1