Twiznak

Getting into an occupied enemy vehicle.

Hi everyone. I have a new conundrum. How does one make it so that a player "P_1" can get into an occupied enemy vehicle? In any available seat. I have been all over setVehicleLock and related pages and I can't find information pertaining to this particular situation.

The details:

The 1-8 players are "renegades". this addRating -2500000; Fighting against everyone. However, they cannot enter into vehicles with one another. 

Is it possible to make it so that players can enter into vehicles occupied by enemy units and more specifically units registered as sideEnemy?

Just now, B_Armaholic_Z_F said:

Fighting against everyone

Just to clarify, they are seen as enemy by all three sides (BLUFOR/INDFOR/OPFOR)?

Just now, Harzach said:

Just to clarify, they are seen as enemy by all three sides (BLUFOR/INDFOR/OPFOR)?

Hi, Yes.

Just now, Harzach said:

If "renegade" so belonging to sideEnemy, the unit doesn't have AI fellows anymore. Furthermore, the knowledge about him stays at 4, which is not fair as Arma's engine behavior.

Test with: player addRating -5000 (example)

On my mind, you can't jump into an occupied vehicle if you're enemy. But you can jump into civilian occupied vehicle. That means you need to make the crew setCaptive in order to jump into an unlocked vehicle. Once aboard, you can setcaptive false the crew members. Sometimes the captive crew disembark. I didn't find the rule for that.

Just now, pierremgi said:

Test with: player addRating -5000 (example)

My point was to determine if INDFOR was involved.

Just now, Harzach said:

My point was to determine if INDFOR was involved.

OK.

For those who are less skilled and have some questions about relationships, here is an interesting sum-up .

As civilians are usually "non-combatant" people, it's easy to forget they can be enemy. They are, by default, coupled with independent and follow their relationship unless you script something for them.

Hi Pierre! OK, I get it. No, as of right now, it cannot be done.

A bit about negative ratings on civilians and enemy aggression. I have tested this out and found that civilians with a rating of -25000 can walk right up to a solider (any Side) and only get shot when they bump into them ( <1m). You need to set their rating super high to get enemy units to engage them on sight, at a distance. -2500000 feels right to me after many tests.

1 hour ago, B_Armaholic_Z_F said:

Hi Pierre! OK, I get it. No, as of right now, it cannot be done.

A bit about negative ratings on civilians and enemy aggression. I have tested this out and found that civilians with a rating of -25000 can walk right up to a solider (any Side) and only get shot when they bump into them ( <1m). You need to set their rating super high to get enemy units to engage them on sight, at a distance. -2500000 feels right to me after many tests.

No, you don't need so much negative rating! Believe in BIKI. Any unit becomes renegade with a rating of -2001 (literally below -2000). You just need to let the other units knowsabout this new sided unit (sideEnemy). Imho, It's just a knowsAbout question, uncorrelated with a supposed "weakness" of rating or relationship.

Other point: to be clear, when I wrote that civilian can be enemy, having by default the same behavior as independent, that means they will kill you if they are armed. But, like all civilians (and captive units are, at least for debug console...), no AI will fire at them, if they are not rated below -2000. 

So far, west setFriend [civilian,0] doesn't seem to work. It's intended to work at mission start but, the BLU aim at civilian and don't fire (quick test to dig deeper). I didn't remember such difficulty before.

One more Arma's engine schizophrenia ?

Pierre, You are correct as usual. I had to set the rating sky high ( or low?) to get the effect I wanted for my OMNI-ARMA missions. But we are getting of course and I want to hone back in on what I was originally inquiring about.

Can BIS_sideIsEnemy && BIS_fnc_sideIsFriendly be ignored/ overridden/ worked around? This function seems to be the determining factor for weather or not a player can get into a vehicle that is occupied by a unit that Is Enemy To the player. any thoughts?

To reiterate a previous question: do you have to have 3 sides as AI and the player as renegade (essentially simulating 4 sides) to achieve what you are looking for and why is that?

Cause if you can avoid it you are going to save yourself a metric ****-ton of headaches. 

Just now, B_Armaholic_Z_F said:

Can BIS_sideIsEnemy && BIS_fnc_sideIsFriendly be ignored/ overridden/ worked around? This function seems to be the determining factor for weather or not a player can get into a vehicle that is occupied by a unit that Is Enemy To the player. any thoughts?

These functions are "getter" functions, returning true/false along with the allegiances.

The only way to change these allegiances is done by setFriend command, for whole sides.

The only work around is to setCaptive the vehicle or the crew, to jump into it. That doesn't imply all the side(s) btw.

Just now, mrcurry said:

To reiterate a previous question: do you have to have 3 sides as AI and the player as renegade (essentially simulating 4 sides) to achieve what you are looking for and why is that?

Cause if you can avoid it you are going to save yourself a metric ****-ton of headaches. 

Hi, yes. I have done that here. The why is renegade units are sideEnemy and cannot use drones or get into vehicles with anyone else. I know it's a headache but I feel like a solution is just around the bend.