I really don't understand anything about structuredText on the wiki. What i want to know is, How to put an accent for an "a" "e" or any special latino character such as ñ ¡¿ or in general (except for & < > which i know how in some cases), from;

•  A config file like description.ext E.G. author="Rodríguez" ( i noticed that from eden editor in General Attributes i can put whatever character such as 東 in author, and it will be there when mission loading), does it have to do with encoding the file?
  • From a scripting command E.G. _unit addaction ["Again Rodríguez or á é í ó ú",{}......
  • For anything beyond the scope of this 2 questions you want to share to be useful in a simple way.

I read something about entities by XML but i dont get it yet.

Your file has to be encoded in UTF-8 and then you're all set.

• Like 2

May shed some light on the subject.

8 hours ago, Mr H. said:

i quoted "does it have to do with encoding the file?" but i didn't try it cause i was long dissapointed on trying XD LOL, i will try it now, see if that works, thanks!!

12 hours ago, Mr H. said:

and it worked, thanks pal!.

11 hours ago, HazJ said:

May shed some light on the subject.

Also worked for stringtables, by creating a stringtable.xml and using localize script command you'll be able to put any text on any string type (tagging the key as "str_mytag_key"), BUT.... YOU ALSO NEED TO SAVE THE FILE AS UTF-8, so thanks HAZJ, it really worked great too!

Glad you got it working.

// Also important I think:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

• Like 1