Hi there,

I think I have things set up correctly, but...

Can anyone help with an error message along the lines of

"for each (_HQ_getvariab... Error Zero divisor" that comes up in a black box...

I'm not sure how to fix it ; any advice really appreciated! 

2 hours ago, harveysimpson said:

Hi there,

I think I have things set up correctly, but...

Can anyone help with an error message along the lines of

"for each (_HQ_getvariab... Error Zero divisor" that comes up in a black box...

I'm not sure how to fix it ; any advice really appreciated! 

Could you post a screenshot or the full text of the error?

Is there a way to delay the initialisation of HAL until a trigger is fired? I'm working on a defense mission, but don't want the AI advancing until a certain trigger is reached.

5 hours ago, BennySouthSt said:

Is there a way to delay the initialisation of HAL until a trigger is fired? I'm working on a defense mission, but don't want the AI advancing until a certain trigger is reached.

You can time the spawning of the units by syncing a trigger to the spawning module (nr6 spawning module), in the trigger you can set a timer to when the units should spawn. Thats the way i use it if i want hal to start at a specific time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I built a really nice WW2 scenario on the Neaville map last night, very impressed with this mod.  I'm noticing a lot of nice features, and not too difficult to setup after watching a really nice tutorial on Youtube by Skutskin Gordon (props!!).  

One question I have is how do I know forces are being reinforced?   Is there any sort of debug ?  I know there is a general debug mode, not sure if that is the only option.  Also, does my squad get reinforced if my guys are killed?

Regarding resupply; do I need to place and sync ammo carriers or will the Commander take care of it and spawn them?  Currently I setup US forces by hand placing units (Germans I used the spawn/array system) - I didn't place/sync any ammo carriers.  

Thanks in advance!

DrDetrpot

On 2/20/2021 at 8:34 AM, BennySouthSt said:

Is there a way to delay the initialisation of HAL until a trigger is fired?

On the back of what Sixt said, you can also delay HAL's initialization by putting this in the init box of HAL Core module - change 15 to whatever time in seconds you want. Just beware that this method will delay all HAL commanders on the map.

The actual startup delay field in the module itself appears to be broken, but this works.

RydHQ_Wait = 15;

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 2:51 PM, drdetroit said:

One question I have is how do I know forces are being reinforced?   Is there any sort of debug ? 

Not one that I'm aware of unfortunately. This is partly why I don't use NR6's built-in reinforcement modules and script my own AI respawning instead. Don't get me wrong, the NR6 reinforcement module does work, but it's unclear what the requirements to spawn reinforcements are.

Aside from hopping into Zeus or spectator mode, perhaps try a script that enables markers for all friendlies on the map? This way friendlies show up immediately rather than when your character spots them. Quiksilver's Soldier Tracker script is very good and easily customizable.

On 2/20/2021 at 2:51 PM, drdetroit said:

Also, does my squad get reinforced if my guys are killed?

I think HAL is supposed to merge under-sized squads, but I've never actually seen it in action...or at least I never noticed it. To quote the original HAL manual:

If group becomes “combat ineffective” due to lack of ammo or fuel, due to damage, or due to casualties and injuries, then it withdraws from the combat zone with full speed to “rest positions” for regrouping. If (optimal) near support bases, smoke is used to cover the withdrawal movement (optional, active by default). This mission will end when the group becomes combat effective again. There is an option, inactive by default, that allows for pairs of such groups, when without vehicles and under 50% of nominal strength, and if close enough, to combine together into one group. Transport will be not assigned.

• Like 1

Hello, is there a way to get bikey for the mod? Would love to use it in multiplayer.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:54 AM, Mr Elusive said:

My apologies, I didn't realize you were using the script version. I've only used the mod version from the Steam Workshop so not sure if I can be of much help 😕

I believe S&D is the default attack/recon waypoint. I've had these orders as a chopper pilot instead of pickup requests. But, as I said before, that's usually because I've forgot to define the helicopter as a cargo vehicle in RHQ array, or something to that effect.

Can you upload your mission to FileBin or somewhere? I'll take a look at it if I get some free time.

I forgot to mention that I use multiple mods like "CUP" and "RHS". https://filebin.net/wogpzqsfy44jqi6g
I wonder if I screwed something in the init but the helis I used in the "mission" are added to the RHQ.

Edit: I was unable to post 2 folders that are RYD_HAL and zbe_cache

RHQ_Air = ["RHS_UH60M_d","RHS_UH60M","B_UAV_01_F","B_UAV_05_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_F","RHS_MELB_MH6M"];

RHQ_NCAir = ["RHS_UH60M_d","RHS_UH60M","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_F","RHS_MELB_MH6M","B_UAV_01_F"];

RHQ_RAir = ["B_UAV_01_F","B_UAV_05_F"];

RHQ_BAir = ["B_UAV_05_F"];

RHQ_Cargo = ["RHS_UH60M_d","RHS_UH60M","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_F","RHS_MELB_MH6M"];

RHQ_NCCargo = ["RHS_UH60M_d","RHS_UH60M","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Light_01_F","RHS_MELB_MH6M"];

This should make HAL not give these helicopters, like UH60M, seek and destroy, but also use them as cargo right? its not happening but it should right? they are still getting seek and destroy and yet to see them actually carry people.

Uhmm, any idea?

Hmm - not quite sure. Did you try setting the classnames to all lowercase? I remember HAL had some problems in this area.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, uzabit said:

Hmm - not quite sure. Did you try setting the classnames to all lowercase? I remember HAL had some problems in this area.

thanks, that fixed it for the 60m from the RHS.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if Alice can be made to work with Headless clients?
Just played a mission with 2 and the rest of NR6 worked great, but Alice appeared broken, as they appeared to clump together in large squads on the outskirts of the towns and sit there the entire mission, which is completely different behaviour compared to in the mission editor.

If I could run arguments on civs at spawn like other NR6 modules allow, then I could set variables on them to disable the ACEX HC load balancing (which is what we are using).