I am VERY impressed on what you and Rydigier created with these addons.

THAT is exactly how Arma should be played.

For many years, I have been tackling with DAC, MCC GAIA, ALIVE, DUWS, Drongo, TRGM, Dynamic Recon Ops, Evannex and whatnot...but your mod works, is easy to use and yet leaves nothing out....

One word: Brilliant!

👌

With the reinforcement script, is there a way to specify what groups are chosen from to be spawned?

3 hours ago, mjolnir66 said:

With the reinforcement script, is there a way to specify what groups are chosen from to be spawned?

You mean the module? Sync reinforcement module to "asset compiler" module, and sync the SLs of the groups you want to spawn to asset compiler. It works the same way with "Site" and "Spawn Forces" modules. And thanks to Ninjarider's fantastic work, asset compiler saves custom loadouts too!

14 minutes ago, Jimi Markkanen said:

You mean the module? Sync reinforcement module to "asset compiler" module, and sync the SLs of the groups you want to spawn to asset compiler. It works the same way with "Site" and "Spawn Forces" modules. And thanks to Ninjarider's fantastic work, asset compiler saves custom loadouts too!

Sorry, I should have specified, I am talking about the script version.

Great mod! Enjoying it a lot, much more tactical than say Alive in conducting battle. And super easy to setup customised force pool and specify what is used for what. Still not tried the high command module yet but one thing I noticed and would like to double check is if commander always send max 3 groups per objective at at time for rec and/or capture? regardless the priority level and how many spare troops it has? If true this really limits the dyanmism of the battle, as I have to artificially increase the objective density to utilise a high concentration of forces, which I had hoped HAL would pick up by itself.

Any hope of a manual on how to set this up? I love HAL and it'd be unreal to get this updated version of it going. I've got it installed but simply don't have the know how to set up battles with it. Anyone?

There are an old demo mission on the steam page you can use that as a base for setting up a mission. We play about an 80 % of our missions with HAL in or group is an super ai commander with alot of possible settings :-)

On 5/5/2020 at 11:53 PM, Synchronized said:

Could there be a video about HAL capabilities shown?

I've downloaded the three missions available and they're interesting to look at in the editor but incomprehensible without explanations.

If someone could just capture their entire screen during an involved and comprehensive set up using all the nodes available now, explaining what they're doing and then post it to You Tube that would be much appreciated by all and it would do a lot towards expanding the user base of this mod which in my opinion is the best way to play Arma. It consistently gives me the most exciting and surprising scenarios. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello,

Possible bug detected in NR6 PACK - HAL Evolved, NATO artillery fires at NATO units.

NATO infantry units detect other NATO units as enemies, request artillery support against their own allies

Tested with NATO artillery and RHSAFRF artillery

greeting.

On 5/6/2020 at 5:53 AM, Synchronized said:

Could there be a video about HAL capabilities shown?

On 7/4/2020 at 5:24 PM, AtomicBoy said:

Hello,

Possible bug detected in NR6 PACK - HAL Evolved, NATO artillery fires at NATO units.

NATO infantry units detect other NATO units as enemies, request artillery support against their own allies

Tested with NATO artillery and RHSAFRF artillery

greeting.

fixed, so that your own artillery does not fire you have to configure in HAL COMMANDER on each side as follows:

AI COMMANDER SELECTION: LEADER A
AI LEADER SIDE BLUFOR

AI COMMANDER SELECTION: LEADER B
AI LEADER SIDE OPFRO

hi, Ninja! 

been testing and playing aroung with demo missions and very enjoyed of HAL working. battles are very interesting. comm provides logistic and fire support for players and AI well. thanks again for your hard work on NR6 PACK. i've notices a few things while testing NR Tools: 1. sometimes, at the start of mission, predefined Arty units (spawned from custom pool and sync-ed with NR6_RHQ_Art_Module or NR6_RHQ_RocketArty_Module) gets order "Seek-and-destroy", sending them to the frontline, even before reconnaissance units. 2. a few times destruction of some vehicle caused call for support trucks (ammo, fuel) to its position. RPT file spams with followed msg at that moment:

Spoiler

if (_timer > 24) then {_counter = _counter +>
12:22:21   Error position: <_timer > 24) then {_counter = _counter +>
12:22:21   Error Неопределенная переменная РІ выражении: _timer
12:22:28 Error in expression <_unitG;if not (isPlayer _UL) then {if ((_timer <= 24) and (_counter == 1)) then >
12:22:28   Error position: <_timer <= 24) and (_counter == 1)) then >
12:22:28   Error Неопределенная переменная РІ выражении: _timer
12:22:28 Error in expression <e ["HAL_Requested",false,true];
}; 

and one more question. Is it possible to realize some kind of simple logic by means of NR6 modules in mission? i mean, for example, make spawning of Site or Reinforcement point dependant on Dynamic Marker state?

Since mortars are used, is there a module in NR6 tools?

thank

Discovered how to use mortars: connect the mortar to the HAL RHQ STATIC WEAPON module

5 hours ago, AtomicBoy said:

Since mortars are used, is there a module in NR6 tools?

thank

Discovered how to use mortars: connect the mortar to the HAL RHQ STATIC WEAPON module

8 hours ago, AtomicBoy said:

connecting to the "HAL RHQ Artillery", seems, working too.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, velzevul said:

connecting to the "HAL RHQ Artillery", seems, working too.

thanks for your answer

is there a way i can turn off the cache system for a particular player? I have a mission where I have one player as a jet, but several players as infintry. The jet takes a a lag hit when everything starts to spawn in.  The jet is close air support and only needs to see what the infintry player sees. 

I'm not sure if NinjaRider600 is still working on this project.

I've tried searching these forums and posted in the Steam Workshop comments, but I can't find an obvious answer -- Is there a way to end a HAL mission when an AI commander has taken all his objectives?

I'm sure a simple trigger sync'd to an End Scenario module would do the trick, but I have no idea what condition to use. Any ideas?

Got it!

When you place simple objective modules, give them variables names - for example objective_1, objective_2, etc. Place down a trigger and sync it to an End Scenario module.

Example:
The trigger condition for checking if an objective module is owned by Leader A is as follows:

objective_1 getVariable "rydhq_takenleader" == "LeaderHQ"

For multiple objective modules you'll need to use && (AND) statements in the condition. For example, let's say we want the game to end when Leader A captures objectives 1 through 4:

objective_1 getVariable "rydhq_takenleader" == "LeaderHQ" && objective_2 getVariable "rydhq_takenleader" == "LeaderHQ" && objective_3 getVariable "rydhq_takenleader" == "LeaderHQ" && objective_4 getVariable "rydhq_takenleader" == "LeaderHQ"

"LeaderHQ" is Leader A. If you want Leader B, change it to "LeaderHQB" and so forth.

Hope this helps anayone else who has the same issue.

After further testing this doesn't appear to work - apologies for the misinformation.

I made a test mission with neutral objectives. Leader A took every objective, but according to the debug console the rydhq_takenleader variable doesn't change for any of the modules, so the victory trigger never activates. I suspect that rydhq_takenleader variable is just the initial owner of the objective when the mission starts.

So to rephrase my original question, how do you check the current owner of an objective?

Edited by Mr Elusive
Found fix didn't actually work :(
  • Like 2

As a workaround for ending the mission, I enabled objective status tasks which shows whether objectives are captured or not. I then added a simple Radio Alpha trigger sync'd to an End Scenario module to end the mission manually. It's not great, but it works.

19 hours ago, Unleashthepain said:

I usually just set up a sector control mission. and have that as the end game

That's an interesting idea. I'll give it a try and see how it pans out.

Do you set up HAL in any particular way? (personality, objective settings etc.)